• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V datamining: Dhalsim, "FAN", "TUT"; Maybe: Urien, Ibuki, Juri, Alex

She's a ambiguous 50/50 character. She's absurdly unhype to watch in tournament play for most of the games life. It's a problem with most of the sf4 newbies but she's the Mos extreme example.

I feel like this post is tinged with personal bias more than objective observation of community views...

I don't think I've ever seen anyone accuse Viper matches (where she can suddenly remove 50 percent of your life through high execution combos...or lose 50 percent by messing up those same high execution combos) of being boring.

Cheap? Sure. Not boring.

Marvel made a career of being hype off of cheap, ambiguous blow-ups.

Ryce

you know i find it very strange that Ono being a Blanka mark he doesn't have enough pull with the decision makers to get him in the game
I remember reading an interview a few years ago where Ono said that Blanka isn't his favorite character. He found a Blanka figurine and started photographing it on his travels, and that led to Blanka cosplay and so on. Fans just assume that Ono loves Blanka because the character unexpectedly became his mascot.

Ferrio

Banned
The VR stuff they found datamining has me excited! Seeing these fighters in a VR-esque diorama would be cool but then the specials would totally be jarring.

Wait they found VR? A VR spectator mode is what I really would like. I'm guessing it's left over stuff from UE4?

I've been holding on for confirmation of Juri since the beginning. It would be great if she's one of the final two in the main roster.

Tain

The VR stuff they found datamining has me excited! Seeing these fighters in a VR-esque diorama would be cool but then the specials would totally be jarring.

I can't see the game having any official VR support. Anything found is probably standard UE4 VR stuff.

I remember reading an interview a few years ago where Ono said that Blanka isn't his favorite character. He found a Blanka figurine and started photographing it on his travels, and that led to Blanka cosplay and so on. Fans just assume that Ono loves Blanka because the character unexpectedly became his mascot.

Yeah, Ono's favorite characters are Cammy and R. Mika. As far as Blanka goes he mostly just loves that toy.

Numb

I hope Capcom purposely put fake info into the files, because if not, they really should have known better. PC data miners love ruining fun surprises. :(

Ono that type of guy.
Sure he is mad salty about Laura.
I on the other hand love leaks and not being lead by the nose by Ono and his trolliness.

IronLich

I won't believe in Juri until there is a trailer, and then only...

I don't want to fight over Karin and Juri, don't do this to me Capcom. I'll never play IV again at this rate.

I won't believe in Juri until there is a trailer, and then only...

I don't want to fight over Karin and Juri, don't do this to me Capcom. I'll never play IV again at this rate.

even if my fave doesn't make it in, SF5 launch day is the last time I touch SF4

joe2187

Banned
Damn, I hate Ibuki.

Namby Pamby!

Ibuki-finger.gif

Xpliskin

So I did my own quick digging:

Balrog and Dhalsim are in.
(Balrog is BISON)
Dhalsim is confirmed.

"FAN" and "TUT" are new characters.

SF V Roster:
VMhP4Xb.png

RYU - RYU
CNL - CHUN-LI
NSH - NASH
VEG - VEGA
BLR - BALROG
BRD - BIRDIE
FAN - NEW CHARACTER
CMY - CAMMY
DSM - DHALSIM
LAR - LAURA
KEN - KEN
KRN - KARIN
NCL - NECALLI
RMK - R.MIKA
RSD - RASHID
TUT - NEW CHARACTER
ZGF - ZANGIEF

"How does this confirm anything ?"
Well the found strings indicate that these characters have story illustrations.
Think Tekken intros/epilogues.
They wouldn't use that for stage characters.

What about Alex, Ibuki, .... ?

Well the assets they found were background character assets.

My list is straight from the executable.

The SIM/BLR disassembly shares the same base classe as RYU/KEN/.. .
These are playable roster characters.

Dremark

Banned
Looking forward to playing as King Tut.

Edit: I hope Cacpcom shells out the money to get Steve Martin to voice and and get his theme music.

DR2K

Banned
I hope Capcom purposely put fake info into the files, because if not, they really should have known better. PC data miners love ruining fun surprises. :(

They would have put in troll characters. Not the most obvious choices.

Viper is still a great character but the technical barrier turned people off. A slight rework for V would do her wonders. I expect her to make it in eventually.

Reset

Alex is a background character? Good. One of the worst SFIII characters and would have been disappointing if they chose to put him on the roster. It sucks that Juri,Ibuki,Blanka,Urien, and Guile are background characters. :(
But at least we got Dhalsim and Balrog.

Edit: Oh Balrog as in Vega not the boxer. Meh. At least we have Dhalsim.

Pachinko

I suspect the story mode for this game might have fights against characters that aren't among the actual delectable cast. MKX did this , although it at least had the rigging and animations from MK9 ready to go for those few cases - Baraka and Rain for example.

On the other hand, it would stand to reason that the first 4 DLC characters would have at least some basic prep work built into the SFV code, a character doesn't get produced overnight after all unless you re-use animation assets from already built characters and paste together parts of other models (I still swear Rolento in USF4 is just bisons head on abels body with a new costume, they still had to make new animations though).

One other note - how do we know that FAN isn't simply the super saiyan version of Nicalli ? , he does have all those dreads afterall.

Top Bottom