• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the scariest-looking, most antagonizing athlete in sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of Chara?

Brian+Gionta+Zdeno+Chara+rlcQsVOHJTgm.jpg

Here's a "fight" between Chara and Brian McCabe:

6Z8iZIl.gif

There's a great bit in the Tyson documentary where he described how he would beat his opponent by never breaking eye contact on the way to the ring. As soon as they looked away he knew it was over.

basically this

Psychologically, men have a harder time maintaining eye contact with another male. They need to look in another direction or else they begin to feel anxious. Likewise, men communicate with other men from the side rather than face to face like male/female interactions.

The boxing meetup is a perfect mind game for the stronger opponent. Maintaining eye contact can assert dominance and make the other person begin to feel anxious, slowly breaking that wall and making them more vulnerable.

Wabba

As much as i want to say Mike Tyson or Brock Lesnar i have to give it to Lennox Lewis. This man was huge and hit some punches that would make elephants crumble.

917be74e93bfe4deb7fe813590ab6207c66e27f1.jpg

Sephzilla

I was reading an article over at The Player's Tribune about an NFL lineman's top 5 toughest opponents and he mentions a man named Gilbert Brown. Never heard his name before so I googled his picture and mohMYGOD is this man scary looking.

I've seen some hulking defensive linemen in my time, but never to the size of GIlbert Brown. Just his appearance and the massive padded shoulders just scream terror. I was trying to think of other scary-looking athletes and couldn't think of many that looked as imposing as Gilbert.

Who else looks more intimidating than that? Share them here!

Gilbert Brown, aka The Gravedigger, was a fucking monster. You didn't run up the middle against him, you just didn't.

Already mentioned of course, but when Mike Tyson looks at you like this...

miketyson_intimidatinfuq1c.gif

you are already dead!
Yeah i always thought Tyson was insane. The look in his eyes was truely that of a killer.
It's weird for me that he turned into some kind of a comedian these days.
Goddamn that man hit fast and hard with a furious anger.

There's a great bit in the Tyson documentary where he described how he would beat his opponent by never breaking eye contact on the way to the ring. As soon as they looked away he knew it was over.

basically this

Here's what you're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9MtJ164XJI

This is also worth throwing in because it's the most intimidating entrance i've ever seen from a fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D6nxSaDIuw

Spinks comes out to a fucking Kenny Loggins song and then listen to what Tyson comes out to...

Choomp

Banned
He's not scary looking, but Bryce Harper makes for a great prettyboy, douchey heel type.

ap_cubs_nationals_baseball_73652354.jpg

Grats on the MVP you talented sonuvabeesh

BadAss2961

Prime Tyson is the scariest person here, but he doesn't look all that scary.

On pure looks alone... Wanderlei, Kimbo, and maybe that Rugby player on the first page wins this thread so far.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Bork Lesnar.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Here's what you're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9MtJ164XJI

This is also worth throwing in because it's the most intimidating entrance i've ever seen from a fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D6nxSaDIuw

Spinks comes out to a fucking Kenny Loggins song and then listen to what Tyson comes out to...

that's it. I honestly never thought about Tyson on that level until I saw that documentary but everything about him was calculated. He never wore a robe, never wore socks, plain black trunks, no music really. Just destroying people before he even got in the ring. And then when he did fight it was devastating.

Ducarmel

Seeing all the tyson post reminds me all those stories about George Forman I read/heard. Before he was that jolly big guy selling grills. People legitimately believed he was going to kill his opponents in the ring.

Before the Ali/Foreman fight people where appealing , begging, crying, telling Ali not to fight Foreman that was how scary the dude was.

He punched Fitzgerald on the ground in the middle of the superbowl and got away with it, probably because everybody was to scared to say anything.

fixed

Brashnir

Young George Foreman.

Kind of funny to think of how gregarious and lovable he became later in life.

s45Z7x2.png

edit - looks like someone beat me to it while I was finding a pic.

Boston

I have to second Lesnar. Dude is a beast. And he is legit. When he debuted in UFC people were expecting him to get thwomped because "this is real and wwe isnt lol" and Lesnar just dominated.

He didn't dominate and ended up getting owned and retiring. He had great wrestling though, just couldn't handle getting punched in the face.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
article-1226118-0721AACE000005DC-416_306x408.jpg

Valuev, easily. Stuff of nightmares, appearance-wise.

was gonna post him. Yeah. I would blitz away if he were to come get me

on the other hand, Zyndrunas Savickas is probably the least intimidating concrete chewing mass of muscles

1285582629irma0112.jpg

MjFrancis

overeem-k1gp2010.jpg

K-1 "dirty" Alistair Overeem. Here's a guy perfectly capable of beating any combat sports athlete on a given night (or getting KO'ed by any combat sports athlete on a given night, lol).
I'd agree with "K-1" Reem. How many athletes are so scary in a specific discipline that they change the rules of the sport to give the other guys a fighting chance?

In Blow to Overeem, K-1 Bans Clinch Strikes

Seconded.

LDO0xdy.gif
This is the picture of Wanderlei that gives me the distinct impression that the fight organizers at PRIDE found a hitherto unknown simian beast, shaved it and taught it to bludgeon humans for sport.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This is the picture of Wanderlei that gives me the distinct impression that the fight organizers at PRIDE found a hitherto unknown simian beast, shaved it and taught it to bludgeon humans for sport.

You should watch some of his bare knuckle vale tudo fights from before he got to Japan on Youtube. Guy is capable of some insane violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom