• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the scariest-looking, most antagonizing athlete in sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading an article over at The Player's Tribune about an NFL lineman's top 5 toughest opponents and he mentions a man named Gilbert Brown. Never heard his name before so I googled his picture and mohMYGOD is this man scary looking.

brown71712.jpg

49fc09abf8928b7c47125d19df0322d4.jpg

I've seen some hulking defensive linemen in my time, but never to the size of GIlbert Brown. Just his appearance and the massive padded shoulders just scream terror. I was trying to think of other scary-looking athletes and couldn't think of many that looked as imposing as Gilbert.

Who else looks more intimidating than that? Share them here!

vikki

Are Gilbert Brown's arms that big or does he have tiny wrists? Anyway, NFL defensive lineman, they're all big.

RulkezX

Oh and Connor McGregor ( antagonising at least) . I'm pretty sure he could make anyone want to punch him right in the nose

original

Kite

xv5HQXN.jpg

JJ Watt is pretty intimidating, but put him next to Yao Ming and he looks like a little child lol

ZQmgDyP.jpg

Iron Mike Tyson in his prime:

xLtM5bk.jpg

There's few other guys who I would have been terrified to be in a ring with. Brock Lesnar in MMA is up there too, although obviously they'd all kick my ass that's one of the few guys who I'd want to just leap over the barrier and run away from. Tyson just strikes fear because he was huge, fast, and also just had that wreckless, lawless attitude about it (and obviously his criminal history) that made you think he'd try to kill you.

*edit* damnit beaten by a minute

90's Tyson would scare me more than any athlete but mostly because of how unstable he seemed paired with his strength. I mean, he still doesn't seem to be incredibly stable, but he seems more mellow these days. I could actually talk to him without feeling like he could knock my head off at a moment's notice.

Gilbert Brown was just really fat. Thats not that scary unless he is going to sit on you. I think Shaq in his prime fitness would have been incredibly scary to deal with. Huge, fast, and strong as hell.

Demoskinos

I have to second Lesnar. Dude is a beast. And he is legit. When he debuted in UFC people were expecting him to get thwomped because "this is real and wwe isnt lol" and Lesnar just dominated.

3HFHTuN.jpg

JJ Watt as well.

For offensive NFL players, I'd say Gronkowski because he just runs over and through people:
5hCuP4Kl.jpg

Or Jerome Bettis... if you saw him coming at you...

Or Jim Brown as he's about to run you over

Ntmr9o2l.jpg

Gilbert Brown was just really fat. Thats not that scary unless he is going to sit on you. I think Shaq in his prime fitness would have been incredibly scary to deal with. Huge, fast, and strong as hell.

He threw 300+ pound grown ass men around like they were ballerinas. You're telling me that you wouldn't be a little panicked seeing someone like that ready to burst into you at the scrimmage line?

androvsky

Shocking lack of Aleksandr Karelin in this thread. Was undefeated for 13 years, didn't lose a single point in competition for 6.

klion.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
8 year old LeBron "Benjamin Button" James. Current grown-ass man version looks almost sweet.

Already mentioned of course, but when Mike Tyson looks at you like this...

miketyson_intimidatinfuq1c.gif

you are already dead!

He's gonna wrap him up in a cocoon of horrors.

Pedro Martinez. Guy was the best starting pitcher of all time, completely unhittable. Four out pitches. And if he was mad he would just chuck the ball right at you. And that calm stare on the mound, completely unnerving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom