• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

hmm.

So Green Man Gaming is expiring all their existing credit tomorrow and moving to a new system.

About a year ago I trading in a PS4 game and bought some PSN credit - back when they briefly did console stuff - and I still have £12 left.

I don't really play PC stuff anymore and they don't seem to sell psn or steam credit or anything.

Any idea what I do with this?

It is only £12 but I don't really want to just let it go. Can you sell the steam keys they give you or is there anything that is a particularly good deal on GMG at the moment?

cheers

Watchdogs is a fiver at GAME

Couldn't resist at that. Enjoyed it on PS4 so got it on XB1
I think it and Thief (2014) are my only digital regrets. But I guess at £5 it's worth a play, gunplay is fine and sometimes the hacking stuff can be fun. But the car handling, story, and graphics are meh.

sam777

Which release (which console) and did you reduce the price further with store credit/vouchers/...?

Maybe they only cancelled certain orders based on certain conditions?

PS4, paid by card. The email said they charged the wrong amount hence the cancellation. I will be a little pissed if everyone else gets their copy like.

My Blazblue still says shipped and I haven't had a cancellation email yet. It's been well over a day now so I'm slightly more optimistic.

Paid using leftover credit on a gift card and also had a copy of Persona 4 Golden on the same order.

Hasney

PS4, paid by card. The email said they charged the wrong amount hence the cancellation. I will be a little pissed if everyone else gets their copy like.

Sounds like he majority were cancelled. Wondering if the early orders got shipped out before anyone important came in, noticed and stopped the rest.

Famassu

I'm hoping that me paying international postage will have somehow let it go through the cracks. Not surprised if all the 0.01£ orders were cancelled, but I actually paid 2,50£ for it! Optimisticus maximus \o/

I'm hoping that me paying international postage will have somehow let it go through the cracks. Not surprised if all the 0.01£ orders were cancelled, but I actually paid 2,50£ for it! Optimisticus maximus \o/

Mine wasn't cancelled yet and U went for the £0.01 option, haha. I'm sure the cancellation is coming still.

8bit

Knows the Score

Foreigner £2.50 bro fist bump!

I want you to be right about this but...

Famassu
100% likely wrong.
(Today, 07:51 PM)

;-)

Ah cool, I needed to get round to a US PSN account. If you're logged into your EU account, are you then on the EU servers?

I don't know the answer to this, but as a point of consideration: don't forget that your US copy of the game won't be compatible with any DLC from the EU, so don't accidentally buy the season pass if it goes on sale on the UK store or something thinking it'll work, 'cause it won't!

Volotaire

Which release (which console) and did you reduce the price further with store credit/vouchers/...?

Maybe they only cancelled certain orders based on certain conditions?

My order also still says "shipped", btw.

I grabbed a XB1 copy and did not further reduce it with store credit, etc.

oldmario

was blazblue supposed to be in the black friday sale thing from game? i was gonna get it on vita but i'll wait for game to correct their error if it means getting it for £15

Zafir

Kind of a random question, does anyone know if there's any actual difference between the different versions of Square Enix games on Amazon UK?

By this I mean, take World of Final Fantasy on PS4. There's two versions on Amazon UK, one by Koch International and one by Square Enix. The main difference being the price is cheaper on the Koch International one.

The same thing can be seen with Star Ocean 5 and Just Cause 3, both have two versions, different distributor, and the Koch one being cheaper.

Now I know Square Enix are using Koch to distribute in the UK, so is it just a case of Amazon never removing the old listings before that was the case or what, lol.

Incidentally, the World of Final Fantasy and Star Ocean 5 PS4 prices are pretty decent.

Stuart444

Kind of a random question, does anyone know if there's any actual difference between the different versions of Square Enix games on Amazon UK?

By this I mean, take World of Final Fantasy on PS4. There's two versions on Amazon UK, one by Koch International and one by Square Enix. The main difference being the price is cheaper on the Koch International one.

The same thing can be seen with Star Ocean 5 and Just Cause 3, both have two versions, different distributor, and the Koch one being cheaper.

Now I know Square Enix are using Koch to distribute in the UK, so is it just a case of Amazon never removing the old listings before that was the case or what, lol.

Incidentally, the World of Final Fantasy and Star Ocean 5 PS4 prices are pretty decent.

I don't know but it could easily be that. One thing I ordered (forget what now) didn't get sent out when it should have, when I checked, I saw another listing that was in stock (originally it was a pre-order item but I didn't notice the second listing until I saw the item had not been sent out) and ordered that instead.

I have no idea why they kept the old listing up there. (when I ordered originally, that was the only listing) Really annoyed me. :/

Do I remember correctly that you live in Germany? Because Saturn is running a "Buy two, get three" offer for all 3DS and Wii U games (except pre-orders).

I was in a Saturn in Germany last Saturday and didn't see anything about that promotion in there. (Not that I would've used it.)

scamander

Banned
It's actually including preorders for once.

It did only for a few hours. When I was trying to order some games the morning after the promotion started, it didn't work anymore. I talked to the customer support and they explained that all Nintendo games are listed, but pre-orders were never suppoed to work. Terms and conditions are also saying that it's only valid for games that are in stock.

I was in a Saturn in Germany last Saturday and didn't see anything about that promotion in there. (Not that I would've used it.)

At least where I live they don't advertise such promos much in the store itself. They're (often) running TV ads and advertise it online on their homepage.

Witcher 3 Collector's Edition is down to £94.99 at GAME instore if there's any in stock near you.

It's not as low as I was hoping but both stores near me that had the PS4 version in the past week have now sold out so I'm wondering if it's now or never and settle for XB1.

Amazon deal at 4pm

Xbox 1tb
Tomb Raider
Halo 5
Forza 6
12 Months Xbox Live
Halo 5 controller

CURRENTLY its £466. The deal last week knocked £100 off the Xbox, so maybe it will be £366? Good deal if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom