• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.
bRmBtCT.png

UYitn.png

--- Hard hitting questions answered

Will UK bought Microsoft Points work on my Spanish/Finnish/Danish/ect Xbox Live Account
Unlike when they used Points Cards in previous years (800, 1200 Points), the credit you buy on cards now will be in actual currency (£20, £50 for example), and will not add money to your Microsoft Account which has a different currency.

Will UK bought PSN Credit work on my Spanish/Finnish/Danish/ect PSN Account
No, the credit you buy will be in actual currency (£20, £50 for example), and will not add money to your PSN Wallet which has a different currency. Sony has always done things this way

I want my games quick dammit! I don’t mind paying a bit more. I want it now! Gimmie!
Amazon is well known for shipping games very quick when you pay standard postage. It will cost more, but do that, and your game will arrive very soon, even outside the UK. ShopTo can be good with preorders within the UK, with some people getting items a day or two early.

I am not from the UK. Tell me what sites hate me
Many UK based sites refuse to ship outside the UK. Supermarkets with an online presence are the biggest offenders. Tesco Online. Best Buy, Sainsbury's, Asda, Morrision's and more are all not your friend. Argos, John Lewis, PC World, Currys. Not good either

I fear that my game will be broken when it comes. What site is best if I have brokegameaphobia?
Amazon is well known to have great customer service. They are usually happy to help you with your problems unless you are very unlucky. Zavvi notably less so, they have been known to ignore people, and make them wait a long time for replies on some occasions. Other sites are somewhere in the middle, or completely unknown.

Why do you guys hate Zavvi, TheHut (and others in The Hut Group) some of their prices are awesome!
Yes, Zavvi/Hut can be awesome, and have many great prices each week. However, many Euro based Gaffer’s have noticed their shipping times are scattershot. Some games can come in a week. Some can come in month. Some people grow old waiting for their games to come. For many it is already too late. RIP. Their European shipping times really are all over the place really. Irish and UK Gaffers have had fewer bad words to say. If you are from Europe, and want your preorder near day 1, then go elsewhere.

Why will you not let me post links to ShopTo you twat. They have good deals too you know?
In 2008, ShopTo had some problems that led to some of their customer's credit card details leaking out. This was never proven, but some people, including some Gaffer's had credit card problems around the time of the supposed leak, and swear ShopTo were the cause – some of these people had credit cards ONLY used on that site. ShopTo quickly fixed the flaw, and allowed PayPal to be used to make things even safer, but it was too late, and the site’s url got banned from NeoGAF. ShopTo deals are still posted at times, but without a link. It seems no one has had any big problems with the site recently, and ShopTo can now, more or less, be considered safe to buy from, you just have to navigate there yourself.

I have heard some people say bad things about The Game Collection & GAME's sites, tell me why would they say that?
Both these sites have had more than a few occurrences of sending out used 'rewrapped' games listed as "New" on their website to customers. This is not a regular occurrence, but it has happened enough for people to speak up about it on GAF and elsewhere. Sometimes the low cost of the game can justify this tampering, but this practice be extra annoying if certain leaflets (e.g. Club Nintendo points) are missing from you "New" game

Give me some things to click on relevent to my interests
The REALLY REALLY Old Old Thread (2007 - 2010)
The REALLY Old Thread (2010 - 2012)
The Old Thread (2012- 2014)
XE Currency Converter
InvisibleHand Add-On Extension
CamelCamelCamel Add-On Extension
The "The Hut Group" Coupon Thread
The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

BEES?!?
Beads!?!

Join the conversation
#DontTrustTheBunny

gmbMj.png

--- Like us, but different

Find-Games
Pro: A searchable database of the current prices of games in many of the big UK online store
Con: No updating list. Best used if you NEED a game RIGHT NOW, and just want to check the current best price

SavyGamer
Pro: Offers a great selection of online deals that pop up each day
Con: One guy (I believe) doing a lot of work, so some good deals could be missed

HotUKDeals Gaming
Pro: It is a site made for bargain hunters, with posts made by similarly minded people. Loads of good deals pop up here
Con: It has so many people, posting so much stuff, that you could easily miss deals. Some of the better deals could sell out quick too.

Cheap Ass Gamer (Euro Stream)
Pro: Fantastic site, with the mindset of finding cheap games and deals for people
Con: It's UK/Euro arm is not nearly as active as the US one, so some deals are missed

Eurogamer Bargain Thread
Pro: It’s like an alternate version of us. Or are we an alternate of them? Good deals posted daily
Con: They talk about pubes

Appshopper
Pro: Fantastic searchable database that lists all the price drops and rises' of iOS Apps
Con: The sites content is based on the US App Store, and sometimes there are EU only sales it does not highlight​

gogogow

Will UK bought Microsoft Points work on my Spanish/Finnish/Danish/ect Xbox Live Account
Yes, Microsoft Points are non-region specific. If you see them cheap on a UK site, it is worth picking them up.

Since the XBO, MS are using money too and not points anymore, right? So I take it, it's not region free anymore?

Since the XBO, MS are using money too and not points anymore, right? So I take it, it's not region free anymore?

This is probably true. A few bits of this thread are holdovers from the old thread, so some info might be out of date. I thought I deleted/changed it all, but let this one through.

Zafir

Thanks for posting. What's GMG like for delivery? Will I recieve on release?

Only if you pay for first class. Second class won't come till after. Unless they've improved anyway. That was back when they first started selling retail copies.

Great thread. Question... Has anyone tried play-asia.com? They are selling dualshock 4 whites for £36 but not sure how it works with delivery to UK and all that malark.

Zafir

Great thread. Question... Has anyone tried play-asia.com? They are selling dualshock 4 whites for £36 but not sure how it works with delivery to UK and all that malark.

Well, they ship from Asia, so there's two outcomes. You pay for the cheaper non-tracked options, and it may(Not always it's a coin flip) slip through customs so no extra charges but it'll take over a week to arrive. Alternatively, you could pay for the more expensive courier options, and it'll be quicker but you'll definitely be hit by customs. Customs charge is on anything caught over £15, charged at 20% of the total value including postage, plus any administration fees by the delivery company(It's like £8.50 for royal mail, couriers are often a bit more).

Edit: You may want to check out Nippon Yassan instead and see if they have it. They're often cheaper, and they always mark down so no extra charges.

Well, they ship from Asia, so there's two outcomes. You pay for the cheaper non-tracked options, and it may(Not always it's a coin flip) slip through customs so no extra charges but it'll take over a week to arrive. Alternatively, you could pay for the more expensive courier options, and it'll be quicker but you'll definitely be hit by customs. Customs charge is on anything caught over £15, charged at 20% of the total value including postage, plus any administration fees by the delivery company(It's like £8.50 for royal mail, couriers are often a bit more).

Edit: You may want to check out Nippon Yassan instead and see if they have it. They're often cheaper, and they always mark down so no extra charges.

Awesome thanks :)

RiggyRob

Subbing. May get a couple of Wii U Pro controllers from Nippon Yasan in preparation of Smash, the 3DS demo is hyping me up.

Shane86

Irish deal

Xtravision giving €35 store credit for fifa 14, trade it in and get fifa 15 for €35

I traded battlefield 4 too and got another €35

CEX only offering €12 cash for fifa 14, don't know what Gamestop is, probably a fiver at this stage

kadotsu

Banned
The first 2 games are slightly cheaper at WOWHD.

Fantasy Life (3DS) for €30,39 at WOWHD.
Tomodachi Life (3DS) for €30,39 at WOWHD.

Delivery will probably be a lot slower though. But WOWHD delivers throughout Europe, while coolshop doesn't.

It's the other way around WOWHD ships from asia. Coolshop from Denmark.

Rikkun

The best thread on the entire NeoGAF is reborn once again, let me subscribe please.

Also, it's time for PS4 games to hit those sweet prices, come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom