• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soodanim

Gold Member
We've all saved at least £8! You're just jealous because you've made a huge mistake.

I don't expect Bayo 2 to drop in price as fast as Bayo 1, but who knows
I'm a bit jealous too, but fuck it it's only £8. I can't be mad at getting 2 games for £40. That's only £4 extra per game, or two/three pints.

Congrats to everyone that held in there and experienced the golden warmth of Amazon's customer service.

Does anyone know where I can get US eShop credit with no shitty mark-up? It doesn't seem to be available on amazon.com and BestBuy only ship it.
This is one of the reasons people recommend using Canada instead (as you can use credit cards there no problem). If you've not set up an NNID you can switch to Canada via the system settings.

Dammit you are making me want to cancel my bayo pre order.

I would not do this if you are excited for the game, you'll feel rubbish come release day

I very rarely pre order game though, and I have a crazy plan to try and pick up 5 of the bigger releases at the end of the year for around £100 total, so I want to wait for big drops on some game (I feel they are coming though).

zaphod79

Damn! Any other sale going on?
I wish W:New Order could be bought for no more than €30 digitally, or €25 physical

The sale is on Square-Enix titles

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...STORE-MSF77008-9_SQUAREENIXSALE|platform~ps4|

The PS4 titles are :

Tomb Raider definitive edition
Murdered Soul Suspect
Thief

All three are $20 each

If you have a PS3 there are a lot of other titles in the list and their capcom sale has things like Resi 4 for $7

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/capcom-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_CAPCOMSALE

Second hand Watchdogs on Ps4 has been down to £20 in a few places , its bounced back up to about £25 but i'd expect it to drop down again

Hasney

The sale is on Square-Enix titles

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...STORE-MSF77008-9_SQUAREENIXSALE|platform~ps4|

The PS4 titles are :

Tomb Raider definitive edition
Murdered Soul Suspect
Thief

All three are $20 each

If you have a PS3 there are a lot of other titles in the list and their capcom sale has things like Resi 4 for $7

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/capcom-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_CAPCOMSALE

Second hand Watchdogs on Ps4 has been down to £20 in a few places , its bounced back up to about £25 but i'd expect it to drop down again

Damn, Murdered looks worth $20 at least. nice one.

repeater

Come October everything is going to drop. Come November, it is going to be a massacre.

The end of the year has ever been so full before, and with warehouses needing to shift stock I think everything will drop, .

Bar the really big games, I think a lot of stuff will hit sub £20 quick
As a general conclusion, I think this is sound reasoning. But I dunno, isn't Bayo 2 likely to be an exception to this trend? (I'm not saying it won't drop at all) The good exclusive Wii U games tend to hold their price pretty well (unfortunately for us)..

I'd pay £5 more to get the console and either Fifa or Sunset Overdrive from Tesco using coupon code TDX-HWXT. You could even trade in the game to make it cheaper than the eBay deal.

sunnz

I'd pay £5 more to get the console and either Fifa or Sunset Overdrive from Tesco using coupon code TDX-HWXT. You could even trade in the game to make it cheaper than the eBay deal.

Damn, I mainly only want it for forza H 2, I will get SO but that is still quite far away.

Why no forza H bundle MS :(

This is one of the reasons people recommend using Canada instead (as you can use credit cards there no problem). If you've not set up an NNID you can switch to Canada via the system settings.

Isn't Canada more expensive? I dunno, I have an NNID anyway so it's too late for that!

No problem though, SmokeMaxX over in B/S/T hooked me up :)

jimi_dini

The Wonderful 101 - 25pounds (+1 pound postage for EU) @ 365games.co.uk

back in stock. Afaik best price for Non-UK people. UK people can still get it for 20pounds from ebay (argos). It seems it's OOP. Zavvi doesn't have it anymore. It's also not available from amazon except 3rd party sellers.

Got me a copy, hopefully it will deliver :p

gNCZjAE.gif

I was so close to getting that for free with Mario Kart but then I read a review that said it used every single button on the Gamepad and I was like "fuck that shit."

W101 has a not very good demo on the eShop if you want an idea of controls.

Isn't Canada more expensive? I dunno, I have an NNID anyway so it's too late for that!

No problem though, SmokeMaxX over in B/S/T hooked me up :)
Their exchange rate fell compared to the US dollar which is why prices went up in number. I'm not sure if their now slightly increased prices are more expensive than US prices from our perspective. If anything the only bad thing about Canada is all provinces have some form of sales tax so even if it were still parity it would be a bit more.

Neil_J_UK

Is the GAME offer for XB1 + Destiny + MCC £350 still on? If so, does anyone know when the offer ends? On mobile in the states at the mo and coming back Sunday, want to get a good deal on the XB1.

Hasney

It's still there, no date though. If they're the same as when I worked there, offers won't change over the weekend though so get it in on Sunday!

Sakujou

Banned
New (not New 3DS...ugh) or Pre-owned? 2DS, 3DS, 3DSXL?

As far as pre-owned market goes I've seen 2DS and 3DS systems listed at £50 a few times (they do sell pretty quickly) on sites like cash converters.

never go for used stuff. especially now because some people fucked up their 3ds during playing the smash demo (!!!)

but a 2ds with a game can be bought easily for 100euros.

the 3ds or 3ds xl are a bit more expensive but in my opinion totally worth it, because they feel and look nice.

Neil_J_UK

I just went on the site and its still on

It's still there, no date though. If they're the same as when I worked there, offers won't change over the weekend though so get it in on Sunday!

Thanks. I went on the mobile version of the site and it didn't mention (or I couldn't see) Halo - will pick it up Sunday as I think it's the best offer around. Will be trading Destiny straight back to em, or sell it elsewhere if the price isn't great, as I'm not fussed on it.

never go for used stuff. especially now because some people fucked up their 3ds during playing the smash demo (!!!)
If it isn't formatted you can check the activity log (this is like checking the mileage of a car*) and likewise condition is easy to inspect. Buying blind from GAME is just stupid here.

I have seen from fairly horrific condition ones (broken hinges on a 3DS, cracked R button etc) though I will admit that but they were exceptions rather than rules. As for the "some people" regarding the SSB demo, those were main 2ch posters who may very well have like 3000 hours of playtime of their 3.5 year old systems. In other words the systems are pretty worn out to start with.

*-Both the Wii U and 3DS I have purchased, have had less than 10 hours put into them. That is probably the reason they were sold to begin with.

Generally speaking, it's decent advice. You've gotta put a value on your time. The game may be free (or cheap) but why spend hours playing a game that isn't really very good when you can spend hours playing a game you love and get more enjoyment from. You only get those hours once, why waste them?

Zafir

That's something I asked myself while playing Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow *shudder*
WatchDogs is really that bad? I thought about buying the Wii U version at some point.

I don't think it's bad. It's just nothing exceptional. I think a lot of people just got way too hyped, so they were ultimately let down when it wasn't the second coming of Jesus.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So, I caved in and DL the demo for PES15 (PS4) from the hk store, considering that last word is that the demo might not hit the EU store for another 5 days...

what I was shocked was how cheaper games are on the HK store, I mean, 40€ for Diablo III?!
That's even less (6€ less in fact) than the US store and 30€ less (LOL, GTFO!) than the EU store
, goddamn time to start hitting on HK PSN cards through some kind gaffers whom won't overcharge

Seriously, this might sway me over digital a bit more for some titles

Hasney

So, I caved in and DL the demo for PES15 (PS4) from the hk store, considering that last word is that the demo might not hit the EU store for another 5 days...

what I was shocked was how cheaper games are on the HK store, I mean, 40€ for Diablo III?!
That's even less (6€ less in fact) than the US store and 30€ less (LOL, GTFO!) than the EU store
, goddamn time to start hitting on HK PSN cards through some kind gaffers whom won't overcharge

Seriously, this might sway me over digital a bit more for some titles

Play-asia do HK credit codes emailed to you. The $200 seems to be about £3 overpriced based on xe.com, so do the maths before you buy.

May have to have a look myself!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-1z3-49-en.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom