• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Do HK games always have an English option though?

That was the other thing I was going to say. Will probably have to research each game.

EDIT: Just noticed in the store that it says if it's English or not. Niiiiccceee. Although buying the cards from Play Asia would make it work out the same as the US store version

What are the chances of Europe getting coloured PS Vita? I know Japan has them and I also know you can import them. Is there a possibility for a new revision? If I have to import a Japanese PS Vita, are there any negatives doing it? The only inconvenience I can think of is the charger as you would have to use a special plug to make it compatible with the wall socket.

I assume it is region free and I can use a non-Japanese PSN account on it too?

kuppy

What are the chances of Europe getting coloured PS Vita? I know Japan has them and I also know you can import them. Is there a possibility for a new revision? If I have to import a Japanese PS Vita, are there any negatives doing it? The only inconvenience I can think of is the charger as you would have to use a special plug to make it compatible with the wall socket.

I assume it is region free and I can use a non-Japanese PSN account on it too?
Sadly I'm really unsure if the coloured versions will make it over here. Vita stock is quite low on the priority list of Sony, there aren't even all that many other Vita 2000 bundles European wide available to begin with. Maybe there will be another push, one could hope.

Yep, importing is no problem, you can use your current account. One thing about Japanese Vitas though is that the X and O buttons are swapped in functionality on system level. So accepting is done with X and cancelling with O, but you can get used to that.

You'd be able to use a European Vita charger on it, too, no need for special plugs or anything. Aside from the aforementioned O/X thing you won't even notice it's not a EU machine once you get your EU account on it.

KAL2006

Banned
Due to digital games being too expensive on UK store I am thinking of buying games on the US store. My question is will it mess up matchmaking for online games I still want the priority of players online to be from EU for less lag.

Due to digital games being too expensive on UK store I am thinking of buying games on the US store. My question is will it mess up matchmaking for online games I still want the priority of players online to be from EU for less lag.

If you buy games on a US account, and play them on your normal UK account, you'll get matched with your normal EU opponents.

(On PS3 and PS4, not Vita.)

Hasney

Nah, most games matchmaking go for ping above all else. Most multiplayer games I play are still against people in Europe.

Tales of Vesperia is £6.59 for Gold members on Xbox. One of the best games of last-gen. I probably put over 300 hours into it and completed it a bunch of times, got 1000 Gamerscore twice. It's that good.

h3g9OgT.jpg

Free is only free if your time isn't worth anything to you.

coughlanio

You'd be able to use a European Vita charger on it, too, no need for special plugs or anything. Aside from the aforementioned O/X thing you won't even notice it's not a EU machine once you get your EU account on it.

Well it's a Micro-USB charger, so any old Android phone charger will do :)

I'm actually leaving for Japan in about an hour. That white/blue Vita Slim will be mine, along with a 64GB card of course :p

meppi

Might be a weird place to post this, but the first person who quotes this post will get a download code for Mighty Gunvolt on 3DS.

Keep in mind that you will need a US 3DS for it to work as it's a US eshop code.

Just heard on the Player One podcast that backers of the Mighty nr.9 kickstarter got this game for free, and sure enough, there's a code in my inbox.
Sadly, I only have a European system. Oh well.

Might be a weird place to post this, but the first person who quotes this post will get a download code for Mighty Gunvolt on 3DS.

Keep in mind that you will need a US 3DS for it to work as it's a US eshop code.

Just heard on the Player One podcast that backers of the Mighty nr.9 kickstarter got this game for free, and sure enough, there's a code in my inbox.
Sadly, I only have a European system. Oh well.

Meeeeee?

Can they not get you an EU code? It seems like a bit of an oversight on their part.

meppi

Meeeeee?

Can they not get you an EU code? It seems like a bit of an oversight on their part.

PM sent. :)

I'm not sure. Got the code on September 5th it seems, but I rarely check Kickstarted emails.
I think the game isn't out in Europe yet, so I might get a EU code somewhere down the line for it.
If not, I'll just grab it off the shop myself.

Oh and I also still have a Killzone Mercenary code for the EU shop that I don't need since I already have the game both digitally and in physical form as well.
Same goes. Quote this part and I'll send a PM. ;)

They wanted to make an all region code and Nintendo doesn't work like that so they just went with most common. I'm sure they could work out what region everyone was (if they stated when backing) and issue appropriate codes (whenever the game hits Europe anyway) or have a form where you ask for a regions code but that is a lot of work for a simple, quick surprise freebie.

v1ncelis

Hey Ireland GAF where you guys find good deals to buy games? I got tired paying 70 euros for new games releases at my local gamestop :/

Oh and I also still have a Killzone Mercenary code for the EU shop that I don't need since I already have the game both digitally and in physical form as well.

Does a junior lurker qualify?

EDIT: Never mind, it's Mercenary, I have that game already.

Benedict

I am interested if you still have it :)

Hey Ireland GAF where you guys find good deals to buy games? I got tired paying 70 euros for new games releases at my local gamestop :/

Gamestop does have a trade in deal that helps at times

I traded in South Park (360) and Luigi's Mansion (3DS) to get Destiny (PS4) for €9.99

I had bought both those games I traded in from UK online stores for about €38 total

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Use the US store mate, miles cheaper

only downside is you can't trade them in

coljae

Does anyone know if it would it be cost effective to sign up for PS+ in two separate regions, for example EU and US? Or do the games tend to end up on both services eventually?

PS+ has kind of unified recently, it seems like they're trying to release the same games in the US and EU so getting both would be pointless.

NateDog

Gamestop does have a trade in deal that helps at times

I traded in South Park (360) and Luigi's Mansion (3DS) to get Destiny (PS4) for €9.99

I had bought both those games I traded in from UK online stores for about €38 total[/QUOTE]

I rarely ever buy from Gamestop, depends on the store but some stores have some pretty uppity employees and none of their new games are sealed unless it's a collector's edition or you pre-order. I mostly buy from the UK online, it's just better that way, GS are a rip-off anyway. Lots of early price listings for new releases go up by €5 when you enter on release day (i.e. GTAV).

Jamie OD

Amazon is usually good for me. I've also begun using Parcel Motel which let's me use free UK shipping if an online shop offers it. The order gets sent to PM's Northern Irish address and then it gets sent to my local PM locker the next day. You can get games quicker but the PM charges €3.90 for every day the parcel stays in your locker so that may eat into whatever you save from P&P. I also wouldn't recommend it for launch day releases (at least with Amazon) if you want to get the game on day one. The order will arrive at PM's warehouse on time but there's no guarantee it will be sent to your locker on the same day.

Lucreto

Amazon is usually good for me. I've also begun using Parcel Motel which let's me use free UK shipping if an online shop offers it. The order gets sent to PM's Northern Irish address and then it gets sent to my local PM locker the next day. You can get games quicker but the PM charges €3.90 for every day the parcel stays in your locker so that may eat into whatever you save from P&P. I also wouldn't recommend it for launch day releases (at least with Amazon) if you want to get the game on day one. The order will arrive at PM's warehouse on time but there's no guarantee it will be sent to your locker on the same day.

Just a bit more information added to this. You may not get it launch day (usually Fridays) but more than likely get it on Saturday. Parcel Motel do deliver on a Saturday so that is a big advantage. The only bad news is if you want to get one of the GAME exclusive Collector Editions or normal games for that matter you are out of luck. GAME blocked us using Parcel Motel.

Tc91

Cheapest place for Fifa 15 UT edition PS4 in the UK? Tesco had a code to make it £45 I think, but it's sold out on Tesco Direct.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Cheapest place for Fifa 15 UT edition PS4 in the UK? Tesco had a code to make it £45 I think, but it's sold out on Tesco Direct.
It was gamestop with the deal I posted but that's expired. Check amazon.

Woffls

Okay this is very unlikely to be of interest to anyone, but ages ago PC World / Currys did a promotion where you could get four free games for signing up to their digital download service early.

I just tried to download my copy of Medieval II Total War, and it turns out the key assigned to the game redeems in Steam for a copy of the game!

The other three games were The Club, Condemned and Alpha Protocol. You can still download the installers for the first two, but the latter has no key and no installer, but the instructions say it should redeem on Steam. So if you happened to be one of the first 10k to sign up to this thing, this might be useful if you want Steam keys for things.

[edit] And the download size for this eight year old game is....... 23GB. :/

Sakujou

Banned
diablo 3 ultimate whatever edition was 20 pounds somewhere, but i suppose it was just a temporary one :(
cheapest price these days?

oh and i saw saints row game of the century edition, but i cant seem to find it anymore (uk version)...

looking for 360 versions. and both seem to be around 35 euros.

zaphod79

diablo 3 ultimate whatever edition was 20 pounds somewhere, but i suppose it was just a temporary one :(
cheapest price these days?

oh and i saw saints row game of the century edition, but i cant seem to find it anymore (uk version)...

looking for 360 versions. and both seem to be around 35 euros.

Amazon.co.uk have the 360 version of Diablo III for £22.85 (so around 30 euros)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00KAPFOJ2

Saints row is hard to search for just because of all the different versions but I cant find the game of the century version for less than about £26 and thats the german version - has it been renamed for the UK release ?

Does anyone know if it would it be cost effective to sign up for PS+ in two separate regions, for example EU and US? Or do the games tend to end up on both services eventually?

I subbed both for two years but i found out that EU was getting better games before and USA getting them later so no real reason to have both.

Ally1987

can a UKgaffer help me out here and buy a forza 5 code from a site thats only for uk buyers for me? ill pay you of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom