• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimi_dini

Risen 3 (PS3, Asia version!) - 20$ (around 15EUR) @ play-asia

EDIT: also big clearing sale on 365games.co.uk
De Blob 2 (DS) 4.40EUR (pretty great game, easy but great)
Prince Of Persia Fallen King (DS) 3.70EUR
More Brain Training (DS) 5EUR
Brain Training (DS) 4.60EUR
Crossword Collection (DS) 3.60EUR
Rayman Raving Rabbids Travel In Time (Wii) 9.50EUR
Sight Training (DS) 2EUR
Impossible Mission (DS) 2.80EUR (this game is pretty rare, for anyone who played the C64 original)
White Knight Chronicles (PS3) 20EUR

Attention: it says "ex-display" for the DS games. They say this about it: "Well, sometimes we receive games that are slightly damaged, unsealed or are missing manuals/dlc. These products are brand new and unused but we discount the price and offer them to you guys." Well the prices are nice, so I got myself Prince Of Persia + Impossible Mission.

oldmario

Vita TV £46.98 ( + £13.37 shipping) on play-asia, not entirely sure about the region thing on this, i know vita is region free but i'm guessing it will be usable with your EU in a couple weeks when it launches

forgot to mention, the offer is a limited time deal

flowsnake

Vita TV £46.98 ( + £13.37 shipping) on play-asia, not entirely sure about the region thing on this, i know vita is region free but i'm guessing it will be usable with your EU in a couple weeks when it launches

You can only use Japanese PSN accounts on them at the moment (?), so that seems like a risk to take if you're assuming it'll start working when PSTV comes out in other regions?

LAM09

Great deal if it definitely worked in the UK (in my case), but it would be a risk to get it ATM.

Amazon France cancelled my Bayo 2 First Print order. Shame :( lucky I still have my cheap Amazon UK special edition so I don't feel too bad about it since I'm getting the next best thing for a fair saving.

Zafir

Amazon France cancelled my Bayo 2 First Print order. Shame :( lucky I still have my cheap Amazon UK special edition so I don't feel too bad about it since I'm getting the next best thing for a fair saving.
I haven't even got a back up order for it. :/

Good job I wasn't that massively hyped about the game anyway. Probably end up just waiting. Grab a first print edition if I see one in stock, but otherwise I'll just wait till later.

Eolz

Would love it if it was sure I could use an EU account.
I still don't think it will have a really better success in the west anyway. Will probably have some fire sales before there's a low stock causing a higher price later on.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PORCODDIOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nous vous contactons au sujet de votre récente précommande 403-XXXXXX-XXXXXX contenant l’article :

Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2 - édition première
Asin : B00NBPD8ZK

Nous sommes au regret de vous informer que nous avons dû annuler cet article de votre commande en raison d'une rupture de stock. Cet article faisant partie d’une édition limitée, nous ne serons pas en mesure de vous le livrer.

Nous ne facturons les articles qu’au moment où ils sont envoyés. Vous n’avez donc pas été débité pour cet article et celui-ci figure dans la section « Commandes annulées » de Votre compte.

Par ailleurs, veuillez noter que l'édition spéciale est disponible. Vous pouvez la précommander depuis la page suivante :

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00NBPD4NG/

Nous sommes sincèrement désolés pour le désagrément causé par cette annulation et vous remercions de votre compréhension.

Cordialement,

Le Service Client Amazon.fr
https://www.amazon.fr/?tag=

Pieces of shit not even offering a discount or voucher code?! Worst Amazon ever, thanks god for .co.uk upgrading my order but goddamn I was so sure to have gotten in with the First Edition, what a fuckin' bummer :(

ashylarry

PS4 Fifa 15 in Hamburg, Germany Saturn

OQWD3ON.jpg

Rikkun

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PORCODDIOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pieces of shit not even offering a discount or voucher code?! Worst Amazon ever, thanks god for .co.uk upgrading my order but goddamn I was so sure to have gotten in with the First Edition, what a fuckin' bummer :(

5qw9h.gif

Addnan

I don't think I will be able to get Bayonetta 2 at launch but if anyone wants my pre order of special edition at Amazon for £31.85 send me a PM. You can buy £31.85 worth of amazon vouchers and I will change it to your name and address.

chithanh

Banned
In Germany:

Xbox One with FIFA 15 + Forza 5 + 2nd controller + 3 months XBL Gold for 399€ at Saturn:
http://www.saturn.de/mcs/product/MI...--FIFA-15,48352,457565,1458616.html?langId=-3

Xbox One with FIFA 15 for 366€ at real:
http://onlineshop.real.de/XBOX-ONE-500-GB-inklusive-FIFA-15-ohne-Kinect/0264045001001

Similar price for PS4 with Destiny on eBay, thanks to Ramrock
Trending on Twitter:
Germany - PS4 with Destiny for 369€ (free shipping in germany)
http://m.ebay.de/itm?itemId=281447166705
(also discussed in [thread=901265]this thread[/thread])

zaphod79

Does anyone where the cheapest place is to get PS Vita memory sticks from?

Depends on the size your looking for Nippon-Yasan have the 64GB one for £52.78 (plus shipping)

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/playstation-vita-japan/5889-sony-playstation-vita-memory-card-64gb.html

They are normally the cheapest and will mark down the item for customs.

I bought mine from them at the end of last year and picked one of the cheaper options and it took about 7 days to get to the UK

zaphod79

Anyone found a better deal on the PS4 DualShock charger? Argos have it for £25, anyone beaten that?

A lot of places seem to have it at £25

Amazon
Zavvi

And then its £27 or so at Shopto / Play / etc

Depending on how quickly you want it - Tesco have it at £25 (out of stock) http://www.tesco.com/direct/dual-shock-4-charging-stand/319-3910.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=319-3910 but there are various tesco voucher codes going around which could knock some money off it if you bought with something else (they may also be doing double clubcard vouchers again which would help to knock some of the price down)

LAM09

Depends on the size your looking for Nippon-Yasan have the 64GB one for £52.78 (plus shipping)

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/playstation-vita-japan/5889-sony-playstation-vita-memory-card-64gb.html

They are normally the cheapest and will mark down the item for customs.

I bought mine from them at the end of last year and picked one of the cheaper options and it took about 7 days to get to the UK

Thanks. Do you ever have to pay any import fees when buying things from them?

Thanks. Do you ever have to pay any import fees when buying things from them?

Most likely not:
- they tend to mark down packages
- it's a really small package, chances customs looks into it are low.

If you want to avoid paying taxes, you'd do best to select a cheap shipping option though. Anything tracked has a higher chance of getting examined by your mail handler and reported to customs.

Fyi: you're not paying "import fees", but VAT + some fixed fee that your mail provider charges you for declaring your package to customs for you.
Import fees are only due if the value of your package surpasses a fairly high amount. In Belgium that amount is €150. Don't know about other countries.

LAM09

Most likely not:
- they tend to mark down packages
- it's a really small package, chances customs looks into it are low.

If you want to avoid paying taxes, you'd do best to select a cheap shipping option though. Anything tracked has a higher chance of getting examined by your mail handler and reported to customs.

Fyi: you're not paying "import fees", but VAT + some fixed fee that your mail provider charges you for declaring your package to customs for you.
Import fees are only due if the value of your package surpasses a fairly high amount. In Belgium that amount is €150. Don't know about other countries.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

zaphod79

Cheapest place currently for a Vita? Can be second hand

I was very tempted to swap my OLED one for a new one earlier when this came up on hotukdeals

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351179220745?clk_rvr_id=702820576145

£89 for a 'slim'

It quickly went out of stock but worth keeping an eye on Tesco's ebay account - they do have the old one for £99 right now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Play...onsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item51c3e93e7a

And Game have the older model for £95

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...Size=20&categoryIdentifier=151637&catGroupId=

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I was very tempted to swap my OLED one for a new one earlier when this came up on hotukdeals

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351179220745?clk_rvr_id=702820576145

£89 for a 'slim'

It quickly went out of stock but worth keeping an eye on Tesco's ebay account - they do have the old one for £99 right now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Play...onsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item51c3e93e7a

And Game have the older model for £95

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstatio...Size=20&categoryIdentifier=151637&catGroupId=
Thanks. Whats the difference between regular and slim?

Also, I bought FFX HD/2HD on PS3, will I need to repurchase for vita?

zaphod79

Thanks. Whats the difference between regular and slim?

Also, I bought FFX HD/2HD on PS3, will I need to repurchase for vita?

Pretty sure FFX HD is not cross buy so yes :-(

(a lot of games are cross buy so you will have some stuff already and if you've been 'buying' them when they came up on PS+ you could have a large library already)

Main differences between the old and new Vita

Old
OLED Screen (some people prefer it)
Slightly larger
Proprietary charger socket
'solid feel'
no onboard memory

New
LED Screen (some people prefer it)
Slightly smaller and thinner
Micro USB charging socket
'plasticy feel' (very subjective)
1 Gb onboard memory

From what I understand the onboard memory on the new system 'is not usable' when you have a memory card and you'll want one anyway so thats not that great of a plus

You will also need to factor in a memory card to really use the system and those are expensive - you may want to pick up an 8 or 16 which you can just go to a supermarket / argos and use but you will want a big one and a 64GB can only be imported right now and is around £60

If anyone else has some thoughts on old vs new vita's then chime in - i have an old one and actually one of the reasons i'm thinking of changing is just so i can use the same chargers i use for everything else and not have to worry about having the special one for Vita

Screen / size / button layout comparison

er_photo_213130.jpg
- image taken from Hotukdeals thread

Can someone remind me where the cheapest place to buy US PSN cards from is?
I remember using somewhere a while back that was cheap and mailed me the code straight away but can't remember the name of the site.

Can someone remind me where the cheapest place to buy US PSN cards from is?
I remember using somewhere a while back that was cheap and mailed me the code straight away but can't remember the name of the site.

Amazon. It's okay, they're quite a little-known outfit.

Also, I had no idea the new Vita looked so gross. So cheap and nasty looking, like some Chinese rip-off.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Pretty sure FFX HD is not cross buy so yes :-(

(a lot of games are cross buy so you will have some stuff already and if you've been 'buying' them when they came up on PS+ you could have a large library already)

Main differences between the old and new Vita

Old
OLED Screen (some people prefer it)
Slightly larger
Proprietary charger socket
'solid feel'
no onboard memory

New
LED Screen (some people prefer it)
Slightly smaller and thinner
Micro USB charging socket
'plasticy feel' (very subjective)
1 Gb onboard memory

From what I understand the onboard memory on the new system 'is not usable' when you have a memory card and you'll want one anyway so thats not that great of a plus

You will also need to factor in a memory card to really use the system and those are expensive - you may want to pick up an 8 or 16 which you can just go to a supermarket / argos and use but you will want a big one and a 64GB can only be imported right now and is around £60

If anyone else has some thoughts on old vs new vita's then chime in - i have an old one and actually one of the reasons i'm thinking of changing is just so i can use the same chargers i use for everything else and not have to worry about having the special one for Vita

Screen / size / button layout comparison

er_photo_213130.jpg
- image taken from Hotukdeals thread
Cheers for the in depth post mate.

May just get a regular vita if I can find one cheap enough!

Trumpets

toythatkills said:
Also, I had no idea the new Vita looked so gross. So cheap and nasty looking, like some Chinese rip-off.

Yeah, it's hideous. Add in the inferior screen and I can't imagine why anyone would prefer it to the original.

Lucifon

Yeah, it's hideous. Add in the inferior screen and I can't imagine why anyone would prefer it to the original.
I'm guessing you don't own one? Almost everyone who's bought one thinks it's actually a nicer bit of kit. Me included. The old one actually feels 'old' to me now rather than slick. Don't judge from photos, they can be deceiving to how a device feels in the hands.

I'm guessing you don't own one? Almost everyone who's bought one thinks it's actually a nicer bit of kit. Me included. The old one actually feels 'old' to me now rather than slick. Don't judge from photos, they can be deceiving to how a device feels in the hands.

The lies we tells ourselves to believe we don't own an inferior product.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The lies we tells ourselves to believe we don't own an inferior product.

I'm lying to myself that I can hold it comfortably without accidentally touching the rear trackpad all the time. I'm lying to myself that I can't tell the difference in the screen quality. I'm lying to myself that it is thinner and lighter.

I'm lying to myself that I can hold it comfortably without accidentally touching the rear trackpad all the time. I'm lying to myself that I can't tell the difference in the screen quality. I'm lying to myself that it is thinner and lighter.

I've never had this problem. It's too late now, did you really should have considered buying a shell case for the 1k. I have one and it both makes it extremely comfortable to hold and I have never accidentally hit the rear touchpad either.

I'll give you that the 2k is lighter is thinner though, but the LCD will always make me see it as the inferior model.

Danj

Would be if it wasn't coming out on Steam. I enjoyed the combat in the demo, but good lord I hate every single character in the XIII franchise.

£15 for the trilogy or bust.

Is there going to be a trilogy pack on Steam? Because I'd definitely be interested in picking that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom