• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Thief & Watch Dogs are at £15 now

Destiny £35

I got WD from the US PSN and I really wish I could sell it for whatever price, horrid game
I tried the Thief demo and no thanks

But it's a good sign, I'm waiting for NFS Rivals and Wolfenstein TNO to hit the 10 to 15£ mark!

I don't understand flubit. I submit a link for a product that is £22, they detect it as nearly £27 for no reason...of course the resulting offer is more than £22 and rejected.

An oversight in the OP:
I am not from the UK. Tell me what sites hate me
Many UK based sites refuse to ship outside the UK. Supermarkets with an online presence are the biggest offenders. Tesco Online. Best Buy, Sainsbury's, Asda, Morrision's and more are all not your friend. Argos, John Lewis, PC World, Currys. Not good either
Best Buy? I thought the closed that place down years ago...(looks like shortly after the previous thread started)

The first 2 games are slightly cheaper at WOWHD.
That was something the OP is missing a, WOWHD warning that they ship from wherever they feel like, including Hong Kong; this one will take weeks to arrive and usually lands you a big fat customs bill in the end. As a result WOWHD is a massive gamble with small payoff.

ozfunghi

Amazon Italy:

Wii U basic
+ Nintendoland
+ Wii party U
+ extra wiimote
€179,99

It's a similar deal to what i posted last month, but even €10 cheaper now. There was a guy from Holland who ordered one so it presumably ships to EU. If someone can verify (I don't speak Italian).

That was something the OP is missing a, WOWHD warning that they ship from wherever they feel like, including Hong Kong; this one will take weeks to arrive and usually lands you a big fat customs bill in the end. As a result WOWHD is a massive gamble with small payoff.

My 7 WOWHD orders all arrived within a week.

It's true that they ship from Hong Kong though. So if your package does get hit by customs it could cause massive delays in delivery, like the weeks you talked about. And you'll indeed also get that customs bill.
So it wouldn't be bad to add a little warning in the OP.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Before the thread really gets going again, let's take a moment to appreciate how much we've all saved thanks to this series of threads.

... And also how much we've all bought just because it's cheap.

Eolz

Anyone seeing a lower price than 34£ for Forza Horizon 2 on 360?
Only seeing deals for the Xbox One version.

Gloam

They don't ship outside Italy right?

Oh is that right? I ordered from them before and there wasn't a problem. I was able to order the 3DS XL yesterday, haven't got a shipping confirmation yet though, so you may be right. Maybe things have changed?

EDIT: They just shipped the 3DS XL it's expected to arrive here on Thursday.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've ordered general stuff from them before and they delivered to the UK. Don't know if they have specific exclusives for games though

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I spent more money because of the deals in these threads rather than saving money on the stuff I already wanted.

curse you

Son Of D

So GAME recently cancelled my Hyrule Warriors LE pre-order because there "was an issue with the order" despite my address being correct as well as my card details being correct. All I did was enquire about the pre-order DLC.

I've decided to either get Hyrule Warriors or Theatrhythm Curtain Call at launch (both launch this Friday) and getting the other later at a lower price. Which is more likely to go down in price?

I've decided to either get Hyrule Warriors or Theatrhythm Curtain Call at launch (both launch this Friday) and getting the other later at a lower price. Which is more likely to go down in price?

Curtain Call. The first Theatrhythm dropped to €15 a month or so after release.

So anyone that got that Bayonetta 2 from Amazon when the description said comes with Bayonetta 1. Check your order histories. No e-mail yet but I seem to have the special edition now at no extra cost. Maybe they are doing this manually and will mail when they're done.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KWWJ4U8/

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Limited Edition for £22. Keeps going in and out of stock though.
There is something messed up about that listing (or Flubit as it was tracking at a higher price there for no reason), I wouldn't put full faith into getting it given its stock nature but it is £2 cheaper than the regular one. The only difference is a CD.

Stubo

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KWWJ4U8/

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Limited Edition for £22. Keeps going in and out of stock though.
Signed up to be informed when it's available.

Also checked my Bayonetta 2 order today and Amazon have upgraded it to the special edition.

Amazon rightly have an amazing reputation for having great customer service. Really can't stress enough how well they do every time I have any issues at all, their fault or not.

Powerwing

So anyone that got that Bayonetta 2 from Amazon when the description said comes with Bayonetta 1. Check your order histories. No e-mail yet but I seem to have the special edition now at no extra cost. Maybe they are doing this manually and will mail when they're done.

I confirm, awesome !!!

Zafir

There is something messed up about that listing (or Flubit as it was tracking at a higher price there for no reason), I wouldn't put full faith into getting it given its stock nature but it is £2 cheaper than the regular one. The only difference is a CD.
No the stock nature makes sense. That always happens when it's a item that has limited stock. It goes in and out of stock just before launch because that's when they put up any copys that people cancel for pre-order again. The page is also the same page used back when they did have stock of the Limited Edition. Why it's cheaper than the normal edition, I don't know, Amazon often do weird things like that.
Signed up to be informed when it's available.
I wouldn't rely on that, you usually get the email days after and by then it's already sold out again, lol. xD

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
kraut detektiert!
numero2buno2barnoldhujw8.jpg

Awesome! It would be hilarious, since I jumped on the Amazon.co.uk preorder boat
literally minutes before they changed the item description!!! Lol!!! Still no update for me,though (crossing fingers).

Edit: Checked now, upgraded!! I feel a cheater, lol

B_Signal

Yep, same here. I'm a little surprised they're honouring it, but I'm not complaining

RiggyRob

So GAME recently cancelled my Hyrule Warriors LE pre-order because there "was an issue with the order" despite my address being correct as well as my card details being correct. All I did was enquire about the pre-order DLC.

The Hyrule Warriors Limited Edition is available to preorder on the Nintendo UK Online Store again, just done it myself now.

Does anyone know where I can get US eShop credit with no shitty mark-up? It doesn't seem to be available on amazon.com and BestBuy only ship it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
FUCK YEAH!!
What an awesome way to start the new thread!

"We’ve upgraded your pre-order for the Standard Edition of this item to the Special Edition at no additional cost to you. The Special Edition also includes the first Bayonetta game. "

I also have the FPE coming from Amazon.fr which at this point I guess I will keep shrink wrapped and sell later on

I really wish I knew what version of Bayonetta 2 we'll get here in NZ/Aus.

I know we're not getting the fancy fancy collector's edition (sigh) but are we getting at least the double pack one? Or is out just gonna be 2 discs slapped into one case? Or even worse digital code for Bayo 1?

Its like they purposely don't tell us anything so I can't go and just order from the UK instead once the inevitable disappointment is made known.

Stubo

We've all saved at least £8! You're just jealous because you've made a huge mistake.

I don't expect Bayo 2 to drop in price as fast as Bayo 1, but who knows

We've all saved at least £8! You're just jealous because you've made a huge mistake.

I don't expect Bayo 2 to drop in price as fast as Bayo 1, but who knows

Come October everything is going to drop. Come November, it is going to be a massacre.

The end of the year has ever been so full before, and with warehouses needing to shift stock I think everything will drop, .

Bar the really big games, I think a lot of stuff will hit sub £20 quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom