• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's going on with the Bomberman series? (A new mobile game released 3 days ago.)

Blues1990

Is it out of the question that an outside studio can get Konami's permission (or could strike a deal), where they could create new games from their stockpile of IP's?

I'm serious about this, as this can be the best compromise.

AmyS

RIP Hudson Soft.

Next Generation issue #3:

OQQ7EuX.jpg
1fm28IZ.jpg

CGInFap.jpg
rHmkd6W.jpg

#Fuckkonami

I so would've bought a PC-FX if it had a NA release as "TurboGrafx-32".

deleted

I'd settle for a VC release of Bomberman 64 with Controller Pack support. I really want to revisit that game and it has been years since I played it. Most likely more than a decade...

Or a buyout from Nintendo would be fine by me. This mobile game shows that they are keeping the IP somewhat 'alive' though, so they should have no intention of selling it.

RM8

Of all companies that could have bought Hudson's IPs, it had to be the company that doesn't want to make games anymore :( It was the worst possible outcome.

ThaPhantom

I love Bomberman, but there's not a lot you can do with the franchise. The multiplayer is fun for sure, but you can only do so much with that formula before everyone gets tired of it.

There is plenty of breathing room for thes series. Things like Bomberman Generations/Jetters and the Max series on portable show that. Making a sick adventure mode with the multiplayer being offered as well was awesome. I wish I could get another one.

if it's any consolation, a bomberman wars fan translation came out a week ago. kind of a neat tactics game based in bomberman rules.

If there was any other legacy character deserving of fame in Smash it should be Bomberman. Konami has just completely abandoned him. RIP Hudson Soft smh.

Raitaro

If there was any other legacy character deserving of fame in Smash it should be Bomberman. Konami has just completely abandoned him. RIP Hudson Soft smh.

...after Simon Belmont, who incidentally is also being held hostage by Konami ;-)

:'-(

This franchise, Mario Kart and Worms Armageddon were pretty much the go-to multiplayer titles of my youth. Me am sad that the best Konami can knock out in 2016 is a fucking mobile title ...

Do they not like money? :(

Top Bottom