• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games 2016 [February] We will finish that GOTY 2015 thread eventually

Hey, guys, don't forget we could still use blurbs for the remaining games in the Indie GOTY
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192696771&postcount=81

The games that still need blurbs and banners are these. I'd do more, but the remaining games I do have, I haven't played enough to do a nice write-up on:
Undertale
Pillars of Eternity
Environmental Station Alpha
Cities: Skylines
Castle in the Darkness
Contradiction: Spot the Liar
Secrets of Grindea
The Beginners Guide
Nuclear Throne
Chroma Squad
Axiom Verge
Velocity 2X
Death Trap
Dropsy
Technobabylon
Renowned Explorers
Underrail
Dyscourse
You must build a boat
Earthtongue
Quasi
Software Inc
Towerclimb
D4
Read Only Memories
Neon Struct
Thea: The Awakening

I'll do the banners for these, they already have blurbs.
Tales from the Borderlands
Ravenmark: Sourge of Estellion
Pix the Cat

Yeah, January and February alone have been jam packed with releases.

Stardew valley, coming out the end of the month ... it's like a harvest moon orgasm,lol.

Moon Hunter was suppose to come out the 26th this month but then they pushed it back to march again.

Necropolis looks like a game people who love souls/bloodborne will go crazy for on the pc.

I am really looking forward to boss101/cuphead/below but no idea when any of those are coming out

Phawx

Grats More_badass!

Been awhile since I been in this thread. I've had some unfortunate events happen in Dec but more or less things are stable right now.

Hopefully I can keep up around here.

Wok

I have just bought Firewatch. I am waiting for reviews but I want to go as blindly as possible. Last I heard, someone spoiled a part of the story in the price thread last week.

Nabs

There was a brief derail in that thread about which side of the self-promotion line this fell on. I know More_Badass has followed up with PM questions about that subject (jumping right into the job! Yay!) but I thought I'd post here as well just to give some info about our thoughts.

Basically we want devs on GAF and we want devs to stick around and talk on and contribute to GAF. We don't want devs to use GAF's community. We don't allow people to make threads about their own Kickstarters or anything like that, or to incessantly bump threads about their own games or podcasts or anything like that. But the idea of someone releasing something exclusively on GAF, for free, to share with GAF's community and get feedback: that's cool and we want to encourage this. The appropriate venue is probably commensurate with scope; if you're making your first game then maybe it's more appropriate to post it in the indie game thread and then if no one replies move on or whatever. If the thing you're distributing is just a menu test then you definitely shouldn't be making a thread. So we're sort of relying on peoples' discretion to make sure that they strike the right balance. If you have an idea and it's unclear what side of the line it's on, More_Badass, or me, or any other moderator (you can see the full list here) would be happy to help clarify.

I think everyone can appreciate that it's difficult to both encourage people to share their projects and avoid spam, in large part because everyone thinks their projects are worth sharing. But I hope we do a good job and I'm glad thomasmahler shared that prototype! :)

That sounds great. I'm happy that the derail got taken care of quickly.

Hey, guys, don't forget we could still use blurbs for the remaining games in the Indie GOTY
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192696771&postcount=81

The games that still need blurbs and banners are these. I'd do more, but the remaining games I do have, I haven't played enough to do a nice write-up on:
Undertale
Pillars of Eternity
Environmental Station Alpha
Cities: Skylines
Castle in the Darkness
Contradiction: Spot the Liar
Secrets of Grindea
The Beginners Guide
Nuclear Throne
Chroma Squad
Axiom Verge
Velocity 2X
Death Trap
Dropsy
Technobabylon
Renowned Explorers
Underrail
Dyscourse
You must build a boat
Earthtongue
Quasi
Software Inc
Towerclimb
D4
Read Only Memories
Neon Struct
Thea: The Awakening

I'll do the banners for these, they already have blurbs.
Tales from the Borderlands
Ravenmark: Sourge of Estellion
Pix the Cat

I think I wrote something about Castle in the Darkness, Undertale and Neon Struct on the past threads so if it's ok I may kind of recycle these posts.

I have just bought Firewatch. I am waiting for reviews but I want to go as blindly as possible. Last I heard, someone spoiled a part of the story in the price thread last week.

From what I know of that event, it was a joke that actually ended up spoiling a different game.

Anyway, Firewatch is gonna be my jam this month. Still chipping away at The Witness too.

titch

Grats More_badass!

Been awhile since I been in this thread. I've had some unfortunate events happen in Dec but more or less things are stable right now.

Hopefully I can keep up around here.

Hope everythings ok been missing your quick plays posts on here - they keep reminding me to check your channel

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
New teaser for Kentucky Route Zero's Act IV went live today:

CapkRYyXIAERbEh.png:large

Also, congrats on the modship, M_B <3

Moobabe

I just noticed the kickstarter for a game called Knights and Bikes with a pretty artsyle that reminds me of Dyscourse. I think it got some press and it seems to be going pretty well.
Give it a look. The key ingredients of Knights and Bikes:

I backed this so hard on day one. I need it inside of me.

I've written up 3 blurbs in the 2015 GOTY section for Velocity 2X, Pillars of Eternity and Secrets of Grindea.

titch

Any of our regulars based in South Latin America or have any friends there that would be interested in Cities Skylines?

Nabs

If there was ever an indie game that should have had considerably more success.

Steamspy shows it has:

Owners: 13,304 ± 2,637

These numbers are criminal.

That's really sad. It was my favorite game of 2014, and one of the best indie games I've ever played. The amount of great content packed into this one game still surprises me.

Moobabe

If there was ever an indie game that should have had considerably more success.

Steamspy shows it has:

Owners: 13,304 ± 2,637

These numbers are criminal.

It's coming out on Vita I think (?) - hopefully gets a new lease of life there.

Firewatch - $19.99 (PC, Mac, Linux, PS4)
firewatch-e3-5.jpg

http://www.firewatchgame.com/

Firewatch is a mystery set in the Wyoming wilderness, where your only emotional lifeline is the person on the other end of a handheld radio.

Unravel - $19.99 (PC)
dLLZDyQ.jpg

http://www.unravelgame.com/

Unravel introduces Yarny, a character made from a single thread of yarn. Inspired by environments of Northern Scandinavia, Unravel is a physics-based puzzled platformer.

titch

Yeah only knew about it after seeing it posted on steamgaf - was covered on the indie threads before my time.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think Toma will be happy:

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

YES!!!!!!!!!

Already contacted the dev for Beta testing *crosses fingers*

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I know this is way old now but man managore your stuff deserves a much higher visibility.

I still think its one of the best game he ever made.

Wok

Another indie game to be released this month:

If you backed The Flame in the Flood at the soundtrack tier on kickstarter it has been officially released. I've downloaded it and am listening to it now. sogood.gif. If you did not you can still purchase it (because the music's just that good). Amazon has it up if anyone's interested. The game itself continues to receive regular updates and progress is being made on the story campaign. Hopefully it fully releases this year so I can vote for it in the steam gaf goty as I would have voted for it last year had it been eligible.

Release date announced: February 24th.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/molassesflood/the-flame-in-the-flood/posts/1488289

Toma

Still unbelievably hyped that Snapse 2 is coming. Though I am not sure how that open world part is supposed to play out.

Toma

Bam, first member of the Snapse2 closed Beta :D

Still takes a while though, but yeeeeeeeees, I cant wait.

After bouncing off Cortex pretty hard, it'll be nice to get back into the tactical gunfights. Even if it ends up being a more measured cyberpunk Doorkickers, that's okay.

Top Bottom