• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Opinion Rewards is the secret best Android app

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrid

Banned
I just got 4 surveys this morning when I got up, it was crazy!

At least 2 of them were location based ones. They seemed like they were almost test questions ("which of these stores have you been to in the last 3 days?") just to see if I was lying or something.

I just started using this a week ago and all of my surveys have been 'Where were you?' They must be testing location services or seeing if I am real.

georly

I just got 4 surveys this morning when I got up, it was crazy!

At least 2 of them were location based ones. They seemed like they were almost test questions ("which of these stores have you been to in the last 3 days?") just to see if I was lying or something.

I just started using this a week ago and all of my surveys have been 'Where were you?' They must be testing location services or seeing if I am real.

Same here. Half of my surveys in the last week had zero locations i've been to (Disney world? lol, i'm in virginia). I've been getting way way way more surveys in the last month -i'm guessing because i'm being truthful in all of my surveys and they know it.

BiggNife

Just to reiterate what others have said - if you're frustrated that you're not getting a lot of surveys, make sure you turn location tracking on. I get at least 5 surveys a week and most of them appear to be location surveys based on my daily commute.

I've been using it since the end of December and I've made a little over $10. Probably going to spend it on movie rentals.

If you turn location tracking on doesn't your phone brand every picture you take with geolocation metadata? That's always weirded me out.

So good.

I buy HD movies on google play.. then watch the movie on Youtube or any app that syncs with your google account (disney anywhere) on the big screen.

I wont buy games, but i seen someone mention giftcards? that's pretty neat. i gotta look into that!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Oh cool, this thread popped up again to remind me that this still isn't available in Sweden and probably never will be! No free stuff for us dirty commies.

B.K.

I installed this last week and I've only gotten two surveys so far. I guess I should have lied and said I lived in a city and made a lot of money, instead of trying to be honest with it. They probably don't want the opinion of someone poor and in the middle of nowhere.

Krakn3Dfx

One more Google Rewards questionnaire from being able to buy Downwell.
Let-Go-Already-Face.gif

Is there anyway of transferring the credit to someone else? It'd be something I could do at work when there is a bit of downtime but I don't particular care for buying anything from the playstore. Was thinking I could give someone £10 credit for like £7 or something.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Is there anyway of transferring the credit to someone else? It'd be something I could do at work when there is a bit of downtime but I don't particular care for buying anything from the playstore. Was thinking I could give someone £10 credit for like £7 or something.

Sadly no. You can't gift credit nor can you gift individual purchases either.

Sucks.

I installed this last week and I've only gotten two surveys so far. I guess I should have lied and said I lived in a city and made a lot of money, instead of trying to be honest with it. They probably don't want the opinion of someone poor and in the middle of nowhere.
I have one only got one in that same time. Kinda sucks.

Okay, so this is pissing me off. I set this up on my girlfriend's phone a couple of weeks ago and she gets a new survey almost every day, I've had the damn thing for over a year and I rarely get one. The last one I got was just after new years.

What the hell?

gaiages

Banned
Slightly off topic but since it was mentioned a bunch... I guess Shopkick isn't too bad, then? I downloaded it once already but didn't really give it the time of day (especially since it was like I could only go to a specific Publix to get credit or whatever). I'll give it another go!

Also gonna get Downwell when I get home today. I still get at least one survey a day too, but I do walk around a lot. :) yay free money!

Oh and for those thay have a lot of money and dunno what to do with it... Pretty sure you can order some pizza or other food via the appropriate apps :D I think I saw that with Dominos last time I ordered, at least. Sorry if I'm wrong though.

danowat

Banned
Okay, so this is pissing me off. I set this up on my girlfriend's phone a couple of weeks ago and she gets a new survey almost every day, I've had the damn thing for over a year and I rarely get one. The last one I got was just after new years.

What the hell?

I had exactly the same, my wife got more rewards in a week than I got in 3 months.

danowat

Banned
I wonder if it's linked to anything in particular? She's always downloading and playing free games from the Play Store.

She's currently hooked on Kitchen Scramble.

I have a sneaking suspicion it's related to the fact that they are female.

My wife doesn't really play games, although she does play Words with friends.

Brandwin

I still don’t understand why I don’t get surveys anymore. With my Note 4 I got them at least once a week it seemed. Since I got the Nexus 6P on Christmas I have gotten one survey I believe. I’ve deleted the app and re-installed, I dunno too much!

frequency

I am female. I do not get many surveys. I have been using it for a while now and I've only made a total of $3.32.
I also download and play a ton of games on the Play Store. I do more mobile gaming now than I do traditional console or handheld gaming.

It's just random luck.

Gwanatu T

I don't pay shit on the Play Store anymore because of this app. It's gold.

And all it cost me is my private informatio and locati-*is punched*

Ditto, it's phenomenal. Those not using it are being downright foolish. The surveys are literally seconds long.

this_guy

For people who aren't getting surverys: make sure location services is turned on. I get a survey every time I go to CVS or Kroger's.

ZangBa

Got the same exact survey asking if I went to Walmart on a specific date yesterday and then today, back to back, lol. Checking if I'm lying, I guess.

Best app I've ever sold my soul to.

oti

Banned
Today it asked me if I went to "eBay" to buy stuff and I said yes
because I like money and I'm currently selling my PS3 on there

First time that happened. 9 Cents. I'm rich.

Zips

Would love to get surveys as frequently as some people here have. Seems like I get very few.

I forgot to install it on my new phone until recently, so we'll see if I get more from the travel my work involves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom