• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Opinion Rewards is the secret best Android app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Basically you download it from the play store, and you get random surveys throughout the year. Then you get a little bit of credit every time you do a survey. Anywhere from 10 cents to a buck. It's just deposited into your Google Play account credit.

screenshot_2015-09-05aiskk.png

I've made almost 60 bucks doing this, and the surveys take like 30 seconds if that to do. Can't tell you the last time I spent real money on the Play Store with gift cards + Google Opinion Rewards cash.

Play Store Download

I don't pay shit on the Play Store anymore because of this app. It's gold.

And all it cost me is my private informatio and locati-*is punched*

painey

the problem i have is that there is nothing worth buying on the google play store. I think i've spent $4 in a year on 4 games.

Sanjuro

Have you visited a website today that has revealed OUR FUCKING SECRETS YOU MISERABLE CUNT?

Yes
No

Congratulations! You have earned....$0.17!

JeTmAn81

the problem i have is that there is nothing worth buying on the google play store. I think i've spent $4 in a year on 4 games.

You can rent movies and buy music as well, can't you? I've earned $6, have thought about renting the new Mad Max ($4).

I've made about 60 bucks too. Currently have 38 sitting in my account. Just randomly buy songs when I want. I wish they allowed you to use it for all access though.

Tagyhag

It's neat but very slow, I just started last week though so I only have like $2, get a survey about every 3-4 days, and I also never have my location on so that means less surveys.

I'd only use the money for Hearthstone though so it's a nice app to just keep there and get slow but sure money.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
My friend sent me a screenshot of a question asking whether he felt Jews had too much power in the world or something. A one question survey.

I use it but surveys are few and far between. Only got like $3.50 since installing like like 8 months ago.

I'm gonna save it for some good premium app like maybe a podcasting app that's not shit.

3phemeral

I've had all my family members and friends install it since I first heard about it and they love me for it.

I use it to buy music, or even just support developers whose apps I love and I feel like contributing an extra donation for their work.

Anony

had it installed for months, got no surveys, uninstalled it

lucky for the people that actually get them

Sanjuro

had it installed for months, got no surveys, uninstalled it

lucky for the people that actually get them

Be more social. It gets creepy. Basically it's Google trying to find ways to implement services without effort.

Did you book a hotel from the dates August 28th to 30th?

How would you rate your online booking experience?

...did you bang?

The Cowboy

And I'm swimming in the money already, installed the app less than 5 minutes ago and now i have 50p - OHH SWEET BABY!!!.

Valnen

I've only made about 4 bucks so far. I wish I had known about this much sooner.

I also don't get quite that many surveys...Guess Google doesn't care about my opinions all that much.

I got this app about 4 months ago or so. Made about $10 but then suddenly in the past 6 weeks or so, not a single survey. Heh, I hardly ever buy android apps and games anyway so I'm not really bothered, but if you do, you definitely should get this app.

Cipherr

OP has me beat:

enyH7xO.png

Huh? Even if you don't buy games or apps, there's still music/movies. I buy music with my credit mostly.

blazeuk

UK surveys pop up every now and then but it's few and far between, I've had £7.84 from it since April last year.

Yeah shit is amazing. It's how I got the majority of my games. However, I wish I could combine it with my card for the pricier things.

teiresias

I frequently get like two or three polls a day. Many of them are obviously hunting to see if I've been somewhere based on location data, and I assume if I were to answer in the affirmative I'd get more questions concerning my experience at that retailer. Usually it's wrong though and I've not been there.

Still others are not location based. I've never encountered one I've felt uncomfortable answering in any case.

I haven't received a survey in over a month. However I've gotten about $20 over a year and a half so I guess I can't complain too much.

Vard

Can you redeem for gift cards on other sites or sell/trade the Google Play credit instead? I'm on iOS and have an old Android phone I don't really use - it would be cool if I could make use of it!

Arol

I use/used it.

I honestly want to know who gets surveys and what they base it on. It feels very hit or miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom