• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Kevyt

Why was there no night kill last night?

- Was it because a possible lynch target was not lynched because of a town doctor (which means it was a great read by the town doctor)?

Or...

- Scum tried to lynch Ariel who just happened to be at the sea?

Or...

- Scum couldn't get their act together and missed the deadline to lynch someone (trouble in paradise)? lol

Or...

- Something else? ???

Kevyt

1. Do not edit your posts in hear*.
2. You got a Role PM from Ynnny. In there is your role described (including your alignment). Alignments usually do not change during the game.
3a. If you are aligned with Good (aka "Town"), you now know everything you are absolutely required to know. Your goal is to find the Evil (aka "Scum") players. Please read the thread to be able to make useful contributions.
3b. If you are aligned with Evil, go to your group chat forum linked in your PM where Darryl, Zatoth and 1-2 persons I don't know yet your Scum teammates will kickstart you. You should still read the thread to be able to post stuff that at least seems like useful contribution (but in fact probably isn't). Don't, under any circumstances, throw out the names of your teammembers in this or the recruitment thread unless you want to ruin the game for everyone else.

*here

Why was there no night kill last night?

- Was it because a possible lynch target was not lynched because of a town doctor (which means it was a great read by the town doctor)?

Or...

- Scum tried to lynch Ariel who just happened to be at the sea?

Or...

- Scum couldn't get their act together and missed the deadline to lynch someone (trouble in paradise)? lol

Or...

- Something else? ???
(Psst for the record, only day kills are lynches. Angry mobs of classy ladies and all that.)

You don't mean waiting for 4-5 more investigations, right?

No, lol.

Just waiting to see if any mafia members will support Darryl. It seems not.

I deny being Tiana. And that's the last princess name I choose to discuss, as I see no reason to play Name Elimination.

Now, is Darryl trying to get us to believe he is not a Role Name finder? Or was he shooting at random out of desperation?

Kevyt

(Psst for the record, only day kills are lynches. Angry mobs of classy ladies and all that.)

Really...

Semantics.

No, lol.

Just waiting to see if any mafia members will support Darryl. It seems not.

I deny being Tiana. And that's the last princess name I choose to discuss, as I see no reason to play Name Elimination.

Now, is Darryl trying to get us to believe he is not a Role Name finder? Or was he shooting at random out of desperation?

Why do you deny being Diana?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Oh I know!

Darryl, why did you really claim Wendy?

Obviously it's not because you thought Sept and I being lovers counteracted your role, seeing as you admired it was fake.

Darryl

Banned
I'm Snow White. I send the Huntsman to investigate another player and get their role name. It was all lies. I investigated Seath because I thought he was scum.

I didn't think I was going to get protected by a doctor and I didn't think I'd last past day 2 or 3 otherwise. I didn't think Wendy was in the game. I thought I'd put myself out there with a useless role and saying I knew Seath was town was just some breadcrumbing incase I flipped since he was being seen as scummy.

I said it all right here. It was about survival. It wasn't about getting you lynched. No one is going to day kill lovers. It was posturing.

Fireblend

Banned
Not to verify alignment. To verify cop claim.

??

Duh?

That further makes no sense. No sane town would trade one of their own to verify a role claim, and it makes no sense in your case to withhold information from town instead pretending we have to lynch you to get it. Not one word from these posts make sense or is pro-town. Revise your logic.

That further makes no sense. No sane town would trade one of their own to verify a role claim, and it makes no sense in your case to withhold information from town instead pretending we have to lynch you to get it. Not one word from these posts make sense or is pro-town. Revise your logic.

Did you read the same GAFia games I read?

I already denied being Tiana.

What exactly do you now think I'm withholding? Seriously?

Fireblend

Banned
Did you read the same GAFia games I read?

I already denied being Tiana.

What exactly do you now think I'm withholding? Seriously?
I'm asking you to answer truthfully because running some sort of stupid gambit by lying now is the sort of thing I'd expect from your twisted use of logic so far.

If you deny it and stand by it then good, we have a good chance of lynching scum even if Darryl turns out to be town.

Terrabyte20xx

I said it all right here. It was about survival. It wasn't about getting you lynched. No one is going to day kill lovers. It was posturing.

Posturing:

behave in a way that is intended to impress or mislead others.

I mean since Seath is going to come out and say he's Tinker Bell, I might as well just come out and say that I'm Wendy. I know Seath is Tinker Bell, it's in my role. We aren't lovers, this is a one-sided relationship. I think, in the existence of our two roles, it makes me question whether or not there are true lovers in this game. Town lovers, at least. I didn't think too much on it at first but their posting has left me generally unnerved these past few days as I struggle to come up with someone besides an inactive that I really want lynched. It could possibly because 2 of the scum players are in that duo and I'm overlooking them out of policy.

So, there's that. I dunno why this wasn't obvious to Seath and he wasn't unnerved and instead revealed his role almost immediately. I assumed we had to keep his role name hidden and I was on some secret mission to protect him. I think there's enough to talk about to have me just come out and claim, keeping this hidden is dumb.

Now, if they were town and had a vig night kill as claimed, they could've just asked us last day "who should we night kill?". Obviously not an exact target, in case of switchers, but we could've put a short list together. Between a short list and two people who could submit the night action, the odds of something getting blocked or stopped is unlikely. Even if they were killed last night, their vig kill would've went through. So keeping the action itself hidden in hopes that mafia wouldn't have stopped it is pointless.

If they were more obvious about what they were doing, at least we could further believe them about their vig kill. Having just one kill in a night isn't anything out of the ordinary, and they didn't exactly say they were going to kill someone yesterday. They instead went vagabond and killed someone who was actually pretty fucking town and helpful. They're using a night kill last night as justification as to why they're town. It's had a side effect of revealing a daily commuter, which may or may not have been intentional (provoking protection roles to explain the unexplainable).

Another side-note: Their behavior on the morning of this day was hardly synchronized, either. Septimus didn't seem like he knew what was going on.

I think I had a bunch of side notes that weren't particularly worth harping on about but I've gone and forgot them all.

And yea, my constant Seath pressure was a gambit to see who would take the bait. Seeing who picks on the weak and easy targets is always my favorite way to hunt scum. Finding a weak target and making him appear weak and seeing who bandwagons tends to find scum a lot. I was going to save him with my claim if anything got too bad. That's why I am also leaning towards a Euphemism lynch, among others.

Vote: Septimus Prime

No, I think they're both scum. A tied fate town/scum duo isn't even unheard of, it's happened before. It's just not what I was angling for.
Vote: Septimus Prime

All I can think up is that this is some For The Greater Good gambit by absolut, who has become entirely convinced I'm scum. So I'm going to switch back to my original lynch.

It says it all in my reveal post

My role doesn't say Older Wendy. It just says Wendy. I'm trying to rationalize how what AbsolutBro makes sense. I don't wanna attack his role claim cuz that only makes sense if he's trying to keep the twin sisters alive and they're scum, which fits with my original accusation but it's also an even bolder set of circumstances on top of already bold circumstances. And that house of cards will fall eventually.

I think my claim looks stupid bc a lot of people jumped on me really harshly, really fast instead of hearing me out or even trying to pressure me.

The part about the neutral lyncher role is that it spiritually conflicts with my role.

I saw my role and thought it was to keep Tinker Bell safe. Probably because something bad would happen if we killed Tinker Bell. That's why I was trying to see if Seath had something that would imply he would have a player looking out for him. Mabe he's a daytime lynch bomb. Don't reveal that, Seath. I was just hoping you'd back me up or something at the time.

I guess it makes sense when I talk about it more. I'm supposed to protect TB. But there's someone out to get me? So if I ever used the function of my role to protect someone from a lynch, I'd have a player alerted out to get me? It just wasn't how I initially saw the utility behind my role.

Vote: AbsoluteBro

And people thinking I'm a name cop making this all up. What purpose could that even have in this game from a scum perspective? I cop someone as scum to find out someone is, in fact, princess? There's no correlation so far between princess name/ability and everyone has a name.

The purpose of the role would be for this scenario to happen, which is fucking crazy.

That has to be a town role. Unless mafia are princesses too. Which means we would just have an alignment cop.

And then, building on that, how would I know Seath was Tinker Bell otherwise? Why are people humoring AB?

I'm Snow White. I send the Huntsman to investigate another player and get their role name. It was all lies. I investigated Seath because I thought he was scum.

I didn't think I was going to get protected by a doctor and I didn't think I'd last past day 2 or 3 otherwise. I didn't think Wendy was in the game. I thought I'd put myself out there with a useless role and saying I knew Seath was town was just some breadcrumbing incase I flipped since he was being seen as scummy.

RIGHT.

Those last two are HILARIOUS back to back, btw.

Unless someone switched Weemad and someone else we probably just need to lynch Darryl now.

This is a possibility I had considered. I admit, if weemad is not Tiana I have no reason why Darryl would say that he is. Darryl has to realize he's not exactly high on the trust list right now (given that turboing him has been suggested), so why take a shot in the dark? His chance of picking the right princess for the right player would be very low; he might have better luck suggesting that he was role blocked or something similar.

Which raises the question of why our switcher chose weemad and our Tiana, although I suppose that might not have an answer beyond "seemed like a good idea".

This is a possibility I had considered. I admit, if weemad is not Tiana I have no reason why Darryl would say that he is. Darryl has to realize he's not exactly high on the trust list right now (given that turboing him has been suggested), so why take a shot in the dark? His chance of picking the right princess for the right player would be very low; he might have better luck suggesting that he was role blocked or something similar.

Which raises the question of why our switcher chose weemad and our Tiana, although I suppose that might not have an answer beyond "seemed like a good idea".
I don't believe there is a switcher. First, it's a crazy role that probably isn't in the game, but second, given that this would have happened, on top of there being no kill last night, it means our power roles are completely ridiculous at guessing others' moves.

Vote: Darryl

Darryl

Banned
Weemad needs to stop whatever gambit he's on and just admit he's Tiana. I could've been role switched. It isn't hard to imagine that if I was telling the truth, I would obviously cop Weemad tonight.

Terrabyte20xx

Darryl... Never change.

No seriously, I mean it. If the deck wasn't this stacked against you this strategy would actually work.

C65Kn1s.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Darryl (4)
Terrabyte20xx .1284
AbsolutBro .1311
Seath .1340
Septimus Prime .1377

No active vote for Day 3:
Ayumi
Barrylocke
Darryl
Enker
Fireblend
Freakinchair
gryvan
Lone_Prodigy
Mazre
Royal_Flush
StackpoleH
TheExodu5
Trigger
ultron87
Unmasked Ferret
weemadarthur
Zatoth

Day 3 ends:
cya_1457125200.png

11 votes for majority

Darryl

Banned
Darryl... Never change.

No seriously, I mean it. If the deck wasn't this stacked against you this strategy would actually work.

If someone could get a scum kill for a role name admission, they'd take it. Scum has fake roles they could claim safely. Therefore, weemad isn't scum. He's a daft townie being stubborn because I called him anal a few days ago. I'm not arguing this till the end this day. I did it 6 hours last day phase. At least then I could be convinced it was scum trying to bring me down. This is miserable.

I got a message today stating that I sleptwalked, too.

Terrabyte20xx

If someone could get a scum kill for a role name admission, they'd take it. Scum has fake roles they could claim safely. Therefore, weemad isn't scum. He's a daft townie being stubborn because I called him anal a few days ago. I'm not arguing this till the end this day. I did it 6 hours last day phase. At least then I could be convinced it was scum trying to bring me down. This is miserable.

200w.gif

I finally get to the computer and day two is already cracking-- I can see why, as there's a lot to discuss! Just off the top of my head:

-Christina's behavior over the last few days-- we should analyze each of his posts with the knowledge that he was mafia. Some things I noticed:
1. Christina was pretty anti-Seath, which makes me a little less suspicious of him
2. He also had a lot of suspicion for Absolut Bro (which would make sense if he was trying to protect Darryl)
3. Indeed, Christina originally claimed Anastasia for the purpose of supporting Darryl's "lost girls wendy" claim-- Christina was saying that, since he had a non-Disney character, Darryl's non-Disney claim was more likely to be true. But in fact Christina was lying-- so why did he claim Anastasia? The only reason I can think of is to make the town believe Darryl's wendy claim.

-Christina's powers. It seems clear that he used the name-finding power N1-- we would know if he had killed someone, and I assume it would be obvious if he stole someone's vote. So mafia had someone's role D2.

-Mazre is all but confirmed town to me at this point. Mafia would not introduce the case against Christina the way he did, when Christina hadn't been the focus of much previous negative attention at all.

-I would like to revisit Freakinchair at some point. His vote without reading the thread was suspicious, especially the fact that he didn't correct it (IIRC).

-Assuming weemadarthur is telling the truth about being shot at, why did mafia try to kill him? He would not have been my first choice if I were mafia-- his theories were a little off the wall and several people suspected him.

-Why no deaths last night? There are already several theories out there.

-I feel like people have gotten a little ahead of themselves with the "Seath recruited by Captain Hook" theory. Mostly I agree with Fireblend's comments on the topic. However, I did notice this comment by Seath right at the end of D1:

I think by the end of today I'm gonna have a heart attack. I can't take it!

Scum would be doing me a favor if they take me out tonight!

;_;

Reads a little differently if we consider the possibility of recruitment-- just wanted to put that out there on the record.

-Also, welcome Ayumi!

However, the most pressing issue is clearly Darryl's claimed investigation of weemadarthur. I'm going to say right up front that I don't believe Darryl is telling the truth. He's mafia, and I'm honestly beginning to lean towards the view expressed by others that we should turbo him.

vote: Darryl

To be clear, there are four possibilities:

1. Darryl and weemad are both town, and weemad is just lying for no particular reason, ie the view Darryl is currently trying to push. No way do I buy this theory. Weemad strikes me as someone who enjoys crazy theories, but he's been straightforward in his responses here.

2. Darryl is town, weemad is mafia, and lying about not being Tiana to get Darryl lynched. Doesn't make sense either. YesNo would not make Tiana a mafia role.

3. Darryl is town, a switcher switched weemad with Tiana, and Darryl had the phenomenal bad luck to investigate the same player who was switched. Don't buy this either. Darryl is now trying to make it sound like it should be obvious he would have investigated weemad, but I don't see why. Why not freakinchair, or euphemism/ayumi, or one of the other people who had come under suspicion? Why not AbsolutBro, actually?

4. Darryl is mafia. This is the only possibility that makes sense. Darryl could have planned to claim a switcher, or to throw suspicion on weemad, or any number of possible schemes. It wasn't like he had a lot to lose, as he was extremely likely to be lynched anyway-- why not draw out a few more town roles on his way down? Notice that he only mentioned getting a message about sleepwalking after weemad confirmed that he is not Tiana. Why wouldn't Darryl mention this message right away if he is town?

I know I was somewhat in Darryl's camp yesterday, but this new evidence just makes it seem pretty clear.

Incorrect.

I'm always stubborn and I don't deny the term anal.

I'm not against ending the day a little early. But...5 hours in? Surely it would be more polite to wait 24 hours for everybody to get a word in.

People, please look at exodus' posts and offer a read on him. After killing Darryl, we don't want to be without any leads at all, right?

Or offer a read on me. Or someone else. Anything!

Terrabyte20xx

If we're talking other leads:

[

DAY 2 FINAL TALLY:

Christina Mackenzie (8)
Mazre .1030
Seath .1085 .1177
Lone_Prodigy .1094 .1158
Fireblend .1106 .1139
ultron87 .1169 .1194
ultron87 .1204 .1261
StackpoleH .1209
Seath .1212
Terrabyte20xx .1239
Barrylocke .1245
Fireblend .1249
AbsolutBro .1255
ultron87 .1261

AbsolutBro (5)
Darryl .875 .880
ultron87 .951 .1103
Darryl .958 .1152
gryvan .968
Unmasked Ferret .974 .1109
Trigger .1008
StackpoleH .1011 .1195
Zatoth .1021
Christina Mackenzie .1078
Lone_Prodigy .1158

Darryl (4)
AbsolutBro .805 .1255
Terrabyte20xx .807 .957
TheExodu5 .814 .1133
Lone_Prodigy .864 .977
Septimus Prime .873
Barrylocke .910 .1229
Seath .915 .936
Darryl .933 .958
Royal_Flush .1013
Seath .1042 .1085
Terrabyte20xx .1047 .1239
Fireblend .1050 .1098
weemadarthur .1055
Lone_Prodigy .1061 .1067
Freakinchair .1129
Seath .1177 .1196
Unmasked Ferret .1188 .1210
ultron87 .1194 .1197
StackpoleH .1195 .1209

Freakinchair (2)
Fireblend .1139 .1160
Fireblend .1160 .1249
Darryl .1166
Unmasked Ferret .1171 .1188
Unmasked Ferret .1210

Enker (1)
Darryl .656 .661
TheExodu5 .660 .814
Seath .688 .850
Fireblend .775 .1050
TheExodu5 .1135

TheExodu5 (1)
Enker .744
Terrabyte20xx .751 .807
Christina Mackenzie .767 .1078
StackpoleH .769 .924
weemadarthur .776 .1055

Seath (1)
Freakinchair .561 .1129
Euphemism .572
TheExodu5 .575 .660
Septimus Prime .618 .873
Christina Mackenzie .684 .767
Lone_Prodigy .689 .864
Terrabyte20xx .695 .751
Seath .907 .915

Terrabyte20xx (0)
StackpoleH .594 .651

gryvan (0)
Lone_Prodigy .586 .689

Euphemism (0)
Darryl .661 .795
Christina Mackenzie .664 .684
weemadarthur .691 .776
Darryl .1152 .1166

weemadarthur (0)
Darryl .900 .933

GreatCharleston (0)
Trigger .570 .990

Septimus Prime (0)
Darryl .795 .875
Darryl .880 .900

Zatoth (0)
weemadarthur .584 .691

Trigger (0)
Terrabyte20xx .957 .1039

ultron87 (0)
Seath .624 .682
Seath .682 .688

Bold would be as good a place to start as any.

Yes, good point.

I'll personally let Ayumi have a day cycle to catch up. Euphemism didn't ever say anything, which is the only basis to think she's scummy. I prefer to look into the ones with scummy actions on record.

Gryvan...why did you continue to suspect absolutbro after Darryl retracted his claim of being Wendy? Did you ever post a reads list like I had asked during Day 2? I have the impression of you, that you show up to respond when called out, but don't actually say anything of substance.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm not as sold as I was during that day phase on his guilt though. I really need to hear more from him. Would a 1 time name cop really investigate Seath of all people, the guy that was really close to being lynched and could have made a good head to drop down on for a town lynch later?

I played HP Mafia as scum. We investigated Blarg first night because he was very cryptic. Seath was similar here and made allusions to being woken up by a love's kiss, so I wouldn't be surprised if scum visited him.

I do agree that while Darryl should be a serious vote contender today, IF we are not going to turbo then we should really also not tunnel on him.

Why would you think exodus is scum with post #1339 on the table?

?

As far as I can tell, Exodus is only bold in his vote tally.

Gryvan
Trigger
Zatoh
Lone_Prodigy

Unmasked Ferret

Basically the 4 non-CM votes on me, and Ferret who stayed voting for Freakinchair even as we had a three way tie towards the end of the day.

Why would you think exodus is scum with post #1339 on the table?

@gryvan, I looked back and do see a reads list for the most active users. Nvm that bit.

Exodus has posted tons of scummy things. Many of them being attempts to draw out information on Town Power Roles. Defending Darryl no matter what evidence was provided (in abeyance as a scumtell until Darryl flips).

I don't consider Enker town enough to be able to corroborate exodus' role claim. I have personal reasons for not believing exodus' role claim.

Would you like to detail anything that points to exodus Not being scum?

Darryl

Banned
You always chase the furthest link in a chain. If Enker is validating Exodus, you question Enker and the implications of that. Exodus has shown himself to be nothing but helpful and has probably one of the most open minded attitudes.

Darryl

Banned
And seriously, look at you guys. Right now you want to hang both the cop and the guy with 100% night commuting. It's like a witch hunt to take down the most important PRs first.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm not defending Daryl, I'm trying to elicit a balanced conversation. We don't gain anything by examining only one side of the coin.

That being said, I did want to believe Darryl was town. But I can't really now that weemad is refuting Darryl's supposed role-claim. It does seem like Darryl trying to fish out another power role.

Vote:Darryl

Darryl

Banned
So go back and collect some helpful posts with open minded ness. Please skip all the ones with role baiting. Then make your case.

No. I don't have to make a defense for someone else outside of stating my feelings. And I'm especially not going to do this to a guy lying so I could be lynched today.

And seriously, look at you guys. Right now you want to hang both the cop and the guy with 100% night commuting. It's like a witch hunt to take down the most important PRs first.

Power roles not claiming =\= power roles being weaker than those who have claimed unnecessarily and cannot be corroborated.

Anyway I consider a strong player to be much more valuable than a power role who spills information under little provocation.

TheExodu5

Banned
I still have this nagging feeling that Darryl is somehow going to end up town.

But there's too much evidence, and the likelyhood that he's telling the truth relies on a very lucky switch by scum...I wouldn't bet against those odds.

There's no option but to lynch Darryl today. If he turns out scum, we need to examine his actions. The biggest question on my mind is: why did he "save" Seath? Is Seath actually Tinkerbell? We're going to have to look really hard at Seath if Darryl turns out to be scum.

Top Bottom