• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
7SE30bg.png

The Matchups:

PFjRsmJ.gif

#1 Seed
HuE5aSh.png
VrCyi8Z.png
#5 Seed
T2Hm7E2.png

#2 Seed
3cH9v9a.png
VrCyi8Z.png
#3 Seed
rBBmm1C.png

STGSAEe.gif

#1 Seed
boU2UQm.png

#3 Seed
dufLm1j.png
VrCyi8Z.png
#2 Seed
DxKVffc.png

Jarate

Banned
Also, sorry mavericks fan, your team was the only one that didnt have a stats page on NBA.com so I couldnt get good quality transparent pictures. I was only able to salvage a Dirk

Brinbe

RAPS FINALLY GONNA WIN A SERIES (OR TWO)! THIS IS OUR YEAR
KuGsj.gif

FIRST ROUND PREDICTIONS

WEST
GS
SA
OKC
LAC

EAST
CLE (though I think Detroit makes things tougher than expected)
TOR
CHA
ATL

I will tell them all to root for the Hawks.

Honestly, I think the Hawks are the best team in the East.

Barring Joe Johnson and Josh Smith returning, I see them winning the conference if they play their game.

Nah there backcourt play took a step back this year and Raps backcourt seem to outplay them most of the time. They do have a good frontcourt but we put them in check for the most part.

Now now I know your Bulls are gonna be watching what could have been but the Raps chances to get to the ECF are looking good

Nah there backcourt play took a step back this year and Raps backcourt seem to outplay them most of the time. They do have a good frontcourt but we put them in check for the most part.

Now now I know your Bulls are gonna be watching what could have been but the Raps chances to get to the ECF are looking good

Anything's possible but Gary Coleman better be thinking "make shot" before doing his best Russell Westbrook/James Harden impressions because that isn't going to work in the playoffs.

I'm excited for Playoff Teague. No one wants to deal with Playoff Teague. It's the best Teague.

Dennis on the other hand...

Anyway, I'm not sold on the Raptors yet. A couple of Ws in the Playoffs and I'll put my faith in them.

Honestly, anyone but the Cavs.

I'd rather have the Celtics face the Hawks, they both got swept by the cavs last season but the hawks were the damn #1 seed and had home court

I really wish Heat would face the Cavs in the second , they will end the raptors

I'd rather have the Celtics face the Hawks, they both got swept by the cavs last season but the hawks were the damn #1 seed and had home court

I really wish Heat would face the Cavs in the second , they will end the raptors

We also had a New York cop take out our best Defensive player legs out, An Aussie do the same to our best shooter, our best player got ejected while he was having a great game because the same Aussie tried to take his legs out, our 2nd best defender on one leg, and our 2nd best player with a bad shoulder strain on his shooting arm. People seem to forget that we weren't healthy and we didn't become a better team because of it. The Cavs were a better team without Kyrie and Love. Defensively, anyway.

Edit: It's a new year. Puttin' that in the past. We're healthier this year, worse offensively, but miles better defensively.

Wow, can't believe we're back at this time of year already. My gut says to believe in the logical outcome, but my heart disagrees. Go Rockets!

Muzy72

Banned
Go Spurs Go! Annoyed that our best season ever was overshadowed by the Warriors, but hopefully it'll be made up for in the playoffs. :)

I'm with Stan van Gundy; the first round of the Western Conference sucks. I mean, I love the Blazers, but there's zero percent chance they beat the Clippers in a 7 game series. And that's the CLOSEST SERIES IN THE FIRST ROUND. The 80s had it right; 5 game series for the first rounds, minimize the risk of injuries to the real teams. The Western Conference right now is a clear 1 and 2, a 3 and 4 that just don't compare to the top 2, and a 5-9 that can't compare to the top 4. The East is far more interesting, but irrelevant, because the top 2 out West are so completely beyond the top 2 in the East that the Western Conference Finals really should be the Finals. It's a little disheartening, frankly, because we had an awesome end to the regular season, and the next month is just "meh, predicted that 6 months ago."

WEST:

GS over Rockets 4-1. As long as Harden and Howard is on the floor, GS will torch the Rockets. Small ball will destroy them.

Spurs over Grizz 4-0. Memphis is done. No Conley or Gasol? Yea.

Thunder over Mavs 4-2. I wouldn't count the Mavs out but they old. Pack it up. Isn't the entire team over 45? On a more serious note, they're just outmatched in almost every way. Will probably get a few vintage Dirk games tho.

Clippers over Blazers 4-1. Man, I hope Lilliard just goes off and destroys the Clips but they don't have to talent to keep up with Griffin and 'Dre. It's always a great thing to see Playoff Lilliard, that man can ball.

EAST:

Cavs over Pistons 4-2. I think Detroit can take a couple of games but the experience will be their downfall. LeBron will take over and do LeBron things. What I'll look for in this series is if Kyrie and Love can be consistent on offense and not terrible on defense.

Raptors over Pacers 4-2. I'm kinda rooting for the upset here but PG13 can't do it all. I think he's overrated but he's still a good player. He has a pretty terrible team tho. No way Monte Ellis and Sisqo can keep up with the Rap's backcourt.

Heat over Hornets 4-3. I think this series will either be a sweep for the Heat or a 7 game series in favor of the Heat. The Heat know how to play Playoff basketball and I'm not even sure who on the Hornets have even been to the Playoffs. Lin? Lol. I think these teams are pretty even but experience give the Heat the edge here. Would be pretty cool to see Wade and Lin go at each other. That'll be crazy.

Hawks over Celtics 4-2. I won't deny that the Celtics have a great coach in Brad Stevens but they also lack playoff experience. The Hawks are just a better team but the key for the Celtics is the bench. Get a good game out of Evan Turner and they'll steal a couple of games. The Hawks should win the series, but it's the Hawks...

Steph Curry's Chinese nick name is Sky Fucker...

Let me explain how amazing Chinese character is. Curry in Chinese is 库里 pronounced by kuli. Correspondingly his new Chinese nickname is 库日天, the second character 日 of which means 'fuck' here and the third one 天 of which means the sky. By putting these two characters 日 and 天 in stack we get a new character 昊. So we call him 库昊 too. Furthermore, the second character of his original name in Chinese 里 also has similar meaning. The character 里 can be separated into two characters, the character 日 with the meaning of the sun here and the other one 土 with the meaning of the ground. The character 土 sticks into the character 日 and it generates the character 里. Actually Curry fucks the sun from the ground too.

Why the fuck are you y'all hoping for the Raptors of all teams to be the matchup to get upset.

Isn't bad enough we spent the past few years in mediocre irrelevance in the basketball world.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom