• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Hey Xia and Gully State, if y'all can blowout sweep with at least a 20 point margin of victory and at most 2 hours of elapsed broadcast time for each game that would be great....

Yeah...

Can I write a check?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hey Xia and Gully State, if y'all can blowout sweep with at least a 20 point margin of victory and at most 2 hours of elapsed broadcast time for each game that would be great....

Yeah...

Can I write a check?

Spurs shouldn't have an issue against the Grizz, so sure send a check!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
As per RealGM tradition...

RAPS IN 4!

But no actually I'm hoping Raps in 5 or 6 games. God I need this team to finally get past the first round.

I need this y'all, I really do. :(

phanphare

Banned
As per RealGM tradition...

RAPS IN 4!

But no actually I'm hoping Raps in 5 or 6 games. God I need this team to finally get past the first round.

I need this y'all, I really do. :(

I feel like yall will be fine

plus yall need to advance, kemba vs. lowry in the second round would be an amazing match up to watch

phanphare

Banned
Do they really though?

I mean we know Regular Season Joe is probably going to no-show like he always does, but they still have Wade, Deng, etc.

most hornets fans seem to be cautiously optimistic about this match up because on paper the hornets are the better team top to bottom, have more guys that can get going, and have been playing well as of late. the only two teams that have been better than the hornets since the all-star break have been the warriors and the spurs.

I'm of the opinion that if the hornets play the way they're supposed to play it'll be a short series but we'll see

Do they really though?

I mean we know Regular Season Joe is probably going to no-show like he always does, but they still have Wade, Deng, etc.

Honestly we just need Joe to hit open threes and not be a huge liability on defense. Plus, you can make the same argument about Batum not showing up in the playoffs. Lin hasn't really been that great against the Heat in his career, and I think Richardson will give him trouble. Walker is an awesome but if he doesn't get off to a hot start I can see him forcing up a lot of shots. He will still probably have a good series though.

I'll concede that we don't have an answer for Al though, even if we had Bosh. He is going to light up us this series.

most hornets fans seem to be cautiously optimistic about this match up because on paper the hornets are the better team top to bottom, have more guys that can get going, and have been playing well as of late. the only two teams that have been better than the hornets since the all-star break have been the warriors and the spurs.

I'm of the opinion that if the hornets play the way they're supposed to play it'll be a short series but we'll see

We were 19-10, which was only two games worse than the Hornets. And no offense, but it's not like the Hornets were winning against good playoff teams, I mean yeah they had a nice win at home against the Spurs and had two nice road wins in Boston and Miami, but a lot of their wins were against bottom feeder teams (same for Miami).

I think you are putting too much stock in both the regular season and the Heat's meltdown last night.

phanphare

Banned
We were 19-10, which was only two games worse than the Hornets. And no offense, but it's not like the Hornets were winning against good playoff teams, I mean yeah they had a nice win at home against the Spurs and had two nice road wins in Boston and Miami, but a lot of their wins were against bottom feeder teams (same for Miami).

I think you are putting too much stock in both the regular season and the Heat's meltdown last night.

fwiw I'm putting zero stock in the heat's game last night

honestly I'm just looking at both teams and (barring injury) I'm having a hard time seeing how yall are going to keep up

also no offense but it's easy to say that a team wasn't winning against playoff teams when you disregard the wins they had against playoff teams. just sayin' ;p

Things that will happen:

1. Celtics win a thrilling 7 game series against Hawks
2. Beverly injures Steph, makes it a competitive series
3. Dallas takes OKC to 6 games before losing.
4. Portland and Clippers go 7 games, Portland wins.
5. Deeetroiiiiit baskeeeeetbaaaal takes a 2-1 lead against Cavs, but lose 4-2.

I just forgot that Beverly took Westbrook out in the playoffs a couple years back... Yeah. If I were Curry I'd watch those ankles.

Bing predicts the NBA Playoffs

BBrLtOD.img

Celtics over the Hawks is the only upset it predicts.

Stephen A Smith: Curry is ruining careers.

Damn.

But he got a point. Will Durant and Westbrook ever win a title?

Curry and the Warriors are great but it still takes a lot of luck to win a title. One serious injury and that team goes from seemingly unbeatable to a second round exit so Durant and Westbrook have as good a chance as any other non-Warriors team. That being said, Durant will win one next year with the Celtics.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I feel like yall will be fine

plus yall need to advance, kemba vs. lowry in the second round would be an amazing match up to watch

I don't want Charlotte to become our fathers again tho.

Damn.

Same shit was being discussed back in Jordan's prime.

Will Barkley/Malone/Ewing/Stockton ever win a title?

Fjordson

Damn.

The Warriors will be different after this year, and will change again when we have to pay Curry.

Now with the right moves maybe they're nearly as dominant and can keep winning because their core 3 is great. But there's no guarantee of that. Anything can happen, especially in bball where one or two players can transform a team.

random25

Damn.

Maybe if they join the Warriors. Or the Spurs. Or where LeBron goes while still young.

Thunder missed their chances when they let Harden go.

Hawks tickets are always cheap, even playoff tickets
I think last years ECF were cheap as fuck too, or only expensive due to the Cavs

they just don't care

Really want to see the Pistons upset.

Same here. Keep in mind that SVG is a Ron Jeremy lookalike bad motherfucker and he already upset a Lebron team back in 2009, which led to Lebron quitting on his team on the following playoffs and then flat out quitting on the organization afterwards it.

Plus, the Pistons look much better with Harris on the team. It could happen.

RBH

Celts @ Hawks playoff tix are as low as $30 on the secondary market. Rockets @ Warriors are minimum $200 by comparison

Yeah, 1st round tickets are always cheap as hell for Hawks games

Fans are just jaded with the multiple 1st round appearances (and failures) at this point.

Not to make an excuse for it, but I've always thought that the playoffs were too long and had too many teams in it to begin with. And changing the first round to a best-of-7 was unnecessary.

Gigglepoo

It's crazy that the Pacers finished with the third best defense in the league. One of these years, they're going to have an offense to match.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You Americans are lucky.

Basketball conversation by people who only care about hockey is the absolute worst.

J2 Cool

I know the Cavs don't look like a real contender, but I'm excited to see an urgent Lebron. Could be one of his most interesting postseason runs, with the clock up against him at 31. I'm starting to convince myself Lebrons last roar will be the subplot of the playoffs.

Celtics and Heat should be fun to see what kind of run they put on also.

Rd.1 predictions:

Cavs over Pistons in 5
Celtics over Hawks in 6
Heat over Hornets in 6
Raptors over Pacers in 5

Warriors over Rockets in 4
Clippers over Blazers in 5
Thunder over Mavericks in 5
Spurs over Grizzlies in 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom