• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End update from Yoshida (copies stolen while in transit)

zsynqx

Update 2

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/stolen-games-behind-early-uk-arrival-of-uncharted-4/0166040

UPDATE: All Uncharted 4 stock sold at CEX and on eBay was the result of a violent assault and theft, PlayStation has said.

"We can confirm that unfortunately some contents from a lorry transporting a variety of video game and DVD titles, including a quantity of the much anticipated Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, was stolen in the UK, during a violent assault," a spokesperson told MCV.

"We are doing everything in our power to assist the police in their ongoing criminal investigation.

"To be clear, we have yet to ship any stock of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End to retail and so any suggestion that UK retailers have broken the official street date is not correct.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=725237699133628416&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

We have some unfortunate news to report that a number of copies of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End were stolen while in transit. While we are continuing to work with the police to resolve the matter – which is the subject of an ongoing criminal investigation – it appears that a few copies of the game have surfaced in the UK.

We know that very many of you have been looking forward with great anticipation and excitement to the latest masterpiece from Naughty Dog. From what I have played of Nathan Drake’s latest adventure, I can tell you that it is very much worth the wait. As with most Naughty Dog games, the unfolding story is such an integral part of the experience and for this reason we wanted to warn you to beware of the potential for spoilers to be posted by people with access to stolen copies of the game. An extremely talented team has worked long and hard to bring Nathan Drake’s greatest adventure to life and we would urge you to help us prevent this from being spoilt by purchasing copies of the game ahead of the launch date. Please rest assured we will be very vigilant to protect you from this as far as we can so you can enjoy Uncharted 4’s experience to its fullest on May 10th.

Update From Eurogamer
One listing on eBay that was live yesterday but has since been pulled offered a copy of the game for £99.99 along with the claim the stock was ready for delivery.

Eurogamer contacted the seller, who claimed HM Revenue & Customs had seized 10,000 copies of the game over unpaid VAT. The seller, who called himself "Dave", claimed HMRC was now selling the copies on.

But it seems "Dave" may now be the subject of the criminal investigation Yoshida has spoken of.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-27-sony-uncharted-4-copies-stolen-while-in-transit

bz7IbFg.png

This is the best Twitter account ever

Edit: Wait I was to slow

zsynqx

From Eurogamer

One listing on eBay that was live yesterday but has since been pulled offered a copy of the game for £99.99 along with the claim the stock was ready for delivery.

Eurogamer contacted the seller, who claimed HM Revenue & Customs had seized 10,000 copies of the game over unpaid VAT. The seller, who called himself "Dave", claimed HMRC was now selling the copies on.

But it seems "Dave" may now be the subject of the criminal investigation Yoshida has spoken of.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-27-sony-uncharted-4-copies-stolen-while-in-transit

Didnt somebody say they bought it in a store? lol

Cex, a second hand store in the UK. Wonder if they'll get in any trouble for this.

KyleCross

If they hadn't needlessly delayed the game another 2 weeks this wouldn't have been an issue. Yes, I consider the whole "Needed more time to make copies" claim they made to be BS.

Boke1879

If they hadn't needlessly delayed the game another 2 weeks this wouldn't have been an issue. Yes, I consider the whole "Needed more time to make copies" claim they made to be BS.

So if the didn't delay the game it would have stopped people from stealing it?

Based on people in this forum places don't even have the game. I totally believe the reason was to manufacture more copies

thuway

Honestly, if a shop close to me was selling it for a premium, I'd be all over it- as would a lot of people here. What I don't understand is the posts of people who say things like: "Please send me a video of a playthrough, so I don't have to buy it."

SlickVic

Unfortunate news about stolen copies, though part of me wishes Sony would see this and just tell retailers to go ahead and sell the copies they have. There are many reasons why that won't happen (causes frustration for retailers that don't have copies yet), So I'm just having wishful thinking here and wanting to play this game right now.

RevenWolf

Yes because I'm sure they just delayed it for shits n giggles, because that's a thing that happens now???

Top Bottom