• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End update from Yoshida (copies stolen while in transit)

strafer

I agree that's what this messaging is telegraphing, but you can end a story without doing that. The first 3 games could have each been the last entry in the series without feeling unfinished.

If the purpose of killing off a major character is to put the stamp of finality on it, for closure, then there's only one that can do that, given his history of failing to "give up the life".

So yeah, I already have it in my head that Drake dies, but even that's not enough. It seems too obvious. Does something so easily guessed warrant such aggressive spoiler warnings? Does he die early on and you play as someone else?

What is it? What could it be that they're trying to hide?

And so on

Me too.

I hope Drake takes a bullet for his brother and we got another TLOU scene.

Maybe Elena would have an emotional impact too.

Meneses

If this is true I feel bad for those involved, but it definitely smells fishy.

I mean, people were getting the game in South America, it's a bit of a coincidence to have several "thefts" in different continents.

If popular streamers start showing off the game soon, we will know what's really up.

nib95

Banned
Say Dave was telling half the truth, and a few thousand copies were stolen, I wonder which retailers will be affected?

Damn thieves!!!

tumblr_m8ll2aGIo11rvwttvo1_500.gif

Cross posting this from the other thread.

So I had bought a copy on ebay the other day, it's shipped, It won't be here for a few days and now I see that these copies were stolen!?!? I feel sick to my stomach. Can someone from Sony or Naughty Dog contact me? I paid a pretty penny for this copy but Id rather give my information of the eBay seller and a place I can send this copy once it gets here (unopened) and just wait till May 10th like the rest of us. If you pm me, please note I won't be back on GAF till tonight... but yeah... ughhh. So terrible.

I said this in the other thread, all early CEX stock is stolen. It's always been that way.
When Cex set up shop in my city there was a big push against them from the council because they couldn't prove their stock was clean. The council eventually passed a local law saying you had to to be 18 and have photo ID that must be recorded to trade any game, DVD or phone in all stores in the city. So GAME and their teenage customers got fucked over because of Cex.

Only way to fix this is release it for everybody. The game is clearly done. Now I have to avoid spoilers for 2 weeks? You know some moron is just going to post what happens.

Auctopus

Has the "street date broken early, just release the game" thing ever actually happened?

People keep saying to do it but it doesn't actually make much sense beyond "I want the game now."

Beerham

Banned
Has the "street date broken early, just release the game" thing ever actually happened?

People keep saying to do it but it doesn't actually make much sense beyond "I want the game now."

I can't think of a specific instance but I seem to remember this happening.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wow! So they refuse to budge on the pointless May 10th release date and the loyal fans who have been waiting so long already are almost GUARANTEED to be spoiled! >:[

madmackem

If they hadn't needlessly delayed the game another 2 weeks this wouldn't have been an issue. Yes, I consider the whole "Needed more time to make copies" claim they made to be BS.
What issue someone stealing games in transit?. Some pure bs in this thread, how is this in anyway Sonys fault naughty dogs fault or anyone else?.

Daft Punk

Banned
I love how the people saying the 2 week delay caused this can't prove that this wouldn't have happened if the delay didn't happen in the first place. Stop being asinine.

madmackem

Certainly wouldn't mind that. Streetdate being broken was kind of inevitable with sending copies out so early (however thieves stealing copies is a new one)
Is it early?. They were no doubt being shipped to warehouses or such when stolen I doubt less than two weeks is early for any mass media product to be in warehouses ready to go.

reKon

Banned
If they hadn't needlessly delayed the game another 2 weeks this wouldn't have been an issue. Yes, I consider the whole "Needed more time to make copies" claim they made to be BS.

If weren't being stupid you wouldn't have made this post. Think about what you're posting for more than 3 seconds and if it actually makes sense.

kaioshade

People lost their shit in the Dark Souls 3 thread when there was a pointless delay. Im not sure how ND gets a pass on this one.

HardRojo

How about the copies we have in Peru? My friend's store is part of the formal market and he got his copies from an official distributor.

Wow! So they refuse to budge on the pointless May 10th release date and the loyal fans who have been waiting so long already are almost GUARANTEED to be spoiled! >:[

Yoshida stated that no stock has shipped to retailers yet, and several members on here have confirmed with their friends who work at bestbuy that they do NOT have shipments. So even if they wanted to move up the release date they couldn't.

kyser73

What's hard to understand? The game went gold right on schedule for the April 26th release. Retailers still got the game on time with that release date, so the extra two weeks is just resulting in copies sitting in trucks and in stores waiting to be sold. If the 26th was still the release date we would not be getting reports of early copies and stolen copies around April 12th, for example. That'd still happen, sure. But not two whole weeks early. Ultimately all Sony did by delaying the game two weeks is making those of us who care about story scared of the internet for the next couple of weeks.

Good to see you're concerned about the real victims here, gamers like you, and not the lorry driver who suffered a violent assault.

Smh

Top Bottom