• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk about The Last Guardian

silva1991

After the continued success of the Souls series, development has been handed off to From Software:
JELOcEi.gif

(yeah, horrid quality, but I made it at work in about 10 mins)

Haha.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Gee, sure is easy for you guys to get your hopes up again. Would be a shame if something were to happen to them...

Ueda is going to personally send you the collectors edition with his autograph and a personal message - " muhahahahahaahaha"

labx

Banned
This is what I think too. February/March is the perfect time to release a game like this.

I already bathed in disappointment so let the delay (AGAIN) come true my soul and crash it like P5 did.

I bought a PS4 for Deep Down :((

And many will buy a PS4K for this game. This game is like Sony's bait for jumping to their console.

I bought PS4 for Deep Down too.

Papacheeks

Banned
I already bathed in disappointment so let the delay (AGAIN) come true my soul and crash it like P5 did.

At least it's coming out in Japan in September now, and usually localization takes 4-6 months, so we'll see it stateside Feb-March.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
this game has been in development for the same amount of time as the entire Uncharted series

i'm surprised anyone even cares about it

Auto-quote from last page since it looks like it was a ninja post (or maybe you just don't care about this since it's from a "nobody")

I've heard The Last Guardian might be out in October in Europe.

It's a friend of mine who said it on Twitter and it's coming from a "trusted source" (his words). I know how it sounds but I trust him, he's not the kind of guy who will share bullshit to get internet fame. So take it as you will.

StoveOven

Banned
this game has been in development for the same amount of time as the entire Uncharted series

i'm surprised anyone even cares about it

How could you not care about a game that has been in development forever? I think it's one of the most fascinating things in the industry, regardless if it will be good or bad.

TBH all of my hype died last year at E3 with that terribly bland demo.

I really don't even remember exactly what they were doing, like stacking barrels or something?

edit: to be clear, I'm still hoping to be impressed and willing to rev up the hype train again if there's a good showing...I'm just not emotionally invested in it anymore.

sublimit

Banned
Auto-quote from last page since it looks like it was a ninja post (or maybe you just don't care about this since it's from a "nobody")

Or maybe at this point no one even cares whether the game will come out or not since we basically haven't seen or heard anything new about it for so long.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
How could you not care about a game that has been in development forever? I think it's one of the most fascinating things in the industry, regardless if it will be good or bad.

I mean I'd watch a youtube video out of curiosity but a game that's been in development hell that long is definitely going to suck.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Man this thread is just depressing..
Hey thanks man, I can see an October release, but I'm hoping for somewhere before the end of September.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game came with VR support in the end. It would be a great showcase, and the genre, the grandeur of the environments, and the deliberately slowness of the camera is ideal for it.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
After the continued success of the Souls series, development has been handed off to From Software:
JELOcEi.gif

(yeah, horrid quality, but I made it at work in about 10 mins)

Lol

labx

Banned
At least it's coming out in Japan in September now, and usually localization takes 4-6 months, so we'll see it stateside Feb-March.

Atlus promise to be a worldwide release.... And in this day and age a game that need 4 months for localization? Damn dude. It is hard.

So if TLG is out this fall in JAPAN and we have to wait 6 months here? Come on!!!

sublimit

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if this game came with VR support in the end. It would be a great showcase, and the genre, the grandeur of the environments, and the deliberately slowness of the camera is ideal for it.

I'd be so pissed if the reason i waited so long for this game was because Sony was trying to make it work with a stupid gimmick..

labx

Banned

ohh go ahead give Sony ideas to messed up a game. And delay it again.

xviper

am i the only one who believes that The last guardian has already been canceled years ago and what we saw at e3 2015 is nothing but a lie like Deep Down ??

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
am i the only one who believes that The last guardian has already been canceled years ago and what we saw at e3 2015 is nothing but a lie like Deep Down ??
Sony hadn't shown it for so long that they could have quietly canceled it and only a small number of people would have flipped out. Why would they show it again? What kind of deception strategy is that?

Top Bottom