• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk about The Last Guardian

benedictm

Banned
I hope theres something at E3. So little has been seen of this game, nothing following last years 'Still alive!' announcement.

It's going to be an amazing game that will be featured in all upcoming "best games of the generation/ best games of all time" lists.

The initial interest in the game was due to how visually impressive it was at the time. It's definitely lost that edge and most of us need to be convinced that the game will be worth it's salt from a gameplay perspective.

The initial interest in the game was due to how visually impressive it was at the time. It's definitely lost that edge and most of us need to be convinced that the game will be worth it's salt from a gameplay perspective.

No, the initial interest in the game was due to it being from the creators of Ico and SotC. It looking nice was just bonus. Even then, it wasn't the most amazing looking game, and largely, it looked like a PS3 version of the same style used in Ico and SotC.

No, the initial interest in the game was due to it being from the creators of Ico and SotC. It looking nice was just bonus. Even then, it wasn't the most amazing looking game, and largely, it looked like a PS3 version of the same style used in Ico and SotC.

Yeah fans of those games felt that, but I mean the widespread fever over that game that has since peaked and come down. I remember when everyone cared about this because it looked so out of the ordinary.

What the hell is this 'most of us' talk?

Z3M0G

Yah... this is the one E3 2015 dream that is feeling like a lie at the moment... all the other projects seem to have some life in them, but yet again we went an entire year with nothing...

I wouldn't be surprised if we start getting "No TLG at E3" reports again this year...

Molemitts

I'll buy whatever Fumito Ueda makes. I have some worries about The Last Guardian, but I still believe he can make a great experience, building on his previous games. I hope it can be out this year, but I have no idea so I wont make any predictions.

MilkyJoe

I don't personally believe the audience of people still sold on this game is all that large. I think most of us still need convincing.

Personally i have no idea what people are expecting and why they are so sold on it. All I've seen is a little boy leads a thing to a wall. Is that the game? You lead a thing to safety? Like a puzzle game or something?

Jingo

No trailer at e3, some new footage at tokyo game show with an annoucement of a delay cause they need the time to bring you the best experience possible.

2017 release date announces with a 30 dollar season pass including a bonus chapter where you ffind out the dog didnt die.

The last guardian 2 releasing in ps4k at 2018

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

No the initial interest is it is being directed by a phenomenal game director and that continues to be the case

sublimit

Banned
I don't personally believe the audience of people still sold on this game is all that large. I think most of us still need convincing.

You know i was talking to a friend last night who (just like me) he was also a huge Team Ico fan (we actually both had bought the Ico launch edition back in the day) and he was asking me if i'm still excited for this game.He doesn't have a PS4 (he has been a PC gamer for the last 7 years) but he is curious about how TLG will end up after all those years.

The last console he bought was a PS3 and the main reason for that was TLG but after all this time his excitement has definitely decreased and we both agreed that the game just doesn't look as impressive or as exciting as it used to be when they first revealed it.

Actually (and i can't believe i'm saying this) i'm not even sure if i will buy it on day 1.And this comes from someone who has loved both Ico and SOTC way too much and has everything this team has released across both Japan and the West (collector editions,soundtracks,guides,figures etc)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yeah fans of those games felt that, but I mean the widespread fever over that game that has since peaked and come down. I remember when everyone cared about this because it looked so out of the ordinary.

It still looks out of the ordinary if you ask me.

sublimit

Banned
Also what's there to talk about this game anymore? Nothing.
Sony has handled the marketing (lol) of this game abyssmaly for years and didn't cared to give fans anything to talk about not even a single new screenshot.Sure they showed it last E3 (to convince people it's still alive) but that was the same area we had seen so many times before.

silva1991

Yeah it is strange that they showed nothing not even new screenshots of the game

I'm hoping that's because they were secretly upgrading visuals..........

butman

90? Without open world and next gen gameplay? And it looks like a ps3 game?

EAUTmAA.gif

Lol

2QvoJlp.png

zoukka

Whatever the end result may be and whenever it might release, the cold fact remains that the project has been through development hell. My expectations are tempered.

I've heard The Last Guardian might be out in October in Europe.

It's a friend of mine who said it on Twitter and it's coming from a "trusted source" (his words). I know how it sounds but I trust him, he's not the kind of guy who will share bullshit to get internet fame. So take it as you will.

iratA

My bet is that it's coming out this year and we'll know the date at E3, what I'm worried about is how are they gonna price it..

Agreed. Ratchet and Clank's pricing structure should be used for this game. Its an SP only affair with limited replay value. I think these games benefit greatly from a reduced price point. But we'll see, we really have no idea just how large in scope this game is right now.

prwxv3

Whatever the end result may be and whenever it might release, the cold fact remains that the project has been through development hell. My expectations are tempered.

The game has not been in active development (level design, scenario design, ect) for this long. The reason it has taken so long is because they had to wait for ps4 hardware then port the engine to ps4.

Schryver

I know they said no PS4K exclusives but what if they somehow made an exception for this game because it still needs the extra power to run well enough. Would be one of the greatest F-Yous in gaming history

Valonquar

After the continued success of the Souls series, development has been handed off to From Software:
JELOcEi.gif

(yeah, horrid quality, but I made it at work in about 10 mins)

conman

Just put everyone out of our misery and tell us it's canceled. Only announce it once it's finished or not at all.

Kieli

Agreed. Ratchet and Clank's pricing structure should be used for this game. Its an SP only affair with limited replay value. I think these games benefit greatly from a reduced price point. But we'll see, we really have no idea just how large in scope this game is right now.

No it doesn't. Unlike R&C, this does not have mass appeal. It's targeting a specific and niche audience (which is fine).

It's going to be priced as such (as well as to recuperate the costs of dev, I'm sure).

Top Bottom