• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

rtcn63

Mergo Wet Nurse was kind of easy for someone who might have been a final boss but I swear I took more damage in my second and third tries when fighting it, weird. The fight had a pretty nice atmosphere with music and the darkness and all.

When I first beat Mergo, I didn't know that her doppelganger form only lasted for a short time as opposed to being a permanent state. So I just went super aggressive.

I lost 350,000 last night. Was playing too late and getting too tired and shouldn't have kept going. This morning I farmed them back in a chalice dungeon in like 10 minutes though lol.

I had something weird happen, one of the people you can send to safety, the one who scoffs at both options, I made sure my last choice was chapel, he went to the other :/, is he meant to do the opposite you say?

I had something weird happen, one of the people you can send to safety, the one who scoffs at both options, I made sure my last choice was chapel, he went to the other :/, is he meant to do the opposite you say?

Yes, he does the opposite he says so you had to send him to the Clinic to send him to the cathedral. Also all his info is the opossite he says

Not exactly sure what you mean. But I was not able to use a glyph to go into any Depth 5 root chalice earlier. Then I made one Depth 5 C D F chalice. Then I was able to use glyphs to make ever other Depth 5 root chalice even from different chalices for free.

It kinda defeats the challenge of Depth 5 CDF root when people just found the ones with the good stuff right by the first door on lvl 1 and shared it with everyone. I'm not complaining but that's what it looks like.

Yes you have to make one with all the requirements to unlock the same root chalice floor for all variations, still you have to grind for Tier 5 materials or reach Ailing loran to unlock all materials farm spots

Jrmint

Question about Burial Blade:
What is a good amount of investment into Arcane to take advantage of the B-scaling Arcane stat on the weapon?

My current plan is to get arcane to 25 and I'm using an arcane+18% gem in it.

Is that good enough to get to go back to pumping points into skill?

Question about Burial Blade:
What is a good amount of investment into Arcane to take advantage of the B-scaling Arcane stat on the weapon?

My current plan is to get arcane to 25 and I'm using an arcane+18% gem in it.

Is that good enough to get to go back to pumping points into skill?

Mmm arcane buffs its elemental damage so you have to fully focus on arcane gems and stats around 45 arcane to make a noticeable difference.

I have a Uncanny Burial Blade with full arcane gems and Bolt damage just for the DLC

Jrmint

Mmm arcane buffs its elemental damage so you have to fully focus on arcane gems and stats around 45 arcane to make a noticeable difference
Oh damn that's quite a bit. I wonder if I should just forgo it then and focus on skill. My Arcane is only 18 at the moment and I'm level 103. Skill is 34.

just beat boss 4, first try, Amelia. It helped that I had fire on my weapon, but I feel I still would have won without it. I've noticed normal attacks sometimes stagger bosses as well.

Oh damn that's quite a bit. I wonder if I should just forgo it then and focus on skill. My Arcane is only 18 at the moment and I'm level 103. Skill is 34.

The best early cap is around 15, So going arcane or skll really depends on your playstyle the soft cap is at 50 and you are nearly done with Skill.

Jrmint

Wow Father G. is not hard at all in NG+

Although it may help that I'm level 104 with a Burial Blade+10, but his first 2 phases were an absolute joke.

Just played this last week after about a year ago finishing it and after playing ds3. This game is still amazing, also I feel like it looks a tad bit better. Maybe because most of the clothes are leather and fabric. I'm at the Forrest right now. Of course I'm too OP for ng+ but it's still enjoyable.

Deku Tree

Yep! Dark Souls games also have the same effect.

They're more or less at the same time. May be a couple of secs of delay depending on network I guess.

IDK I see them a lot recently in depth 5 root chalice dungeons that I open with glyph codes. It would surprise me if they are so populated so that I would see them down there so much if they only appear if they are in the same spot as me at more or less the same time.

Ferr986

IDK I see them a lot recently in depth 5 root chalice dungeons that I open with glyph codes. It would surprise me if they are so populated so that I would see them down there so much if they only appear if they are in the same spot as me at more or less the same time.

If it's a Depth 5 Root that it's popular because there's some good item there, they're always very populated (or atleast were).

Man, now I miss Chalice dungeons in Dark Souls 3. The grind to reach the end sucked but Depth 5 runs were so fun. I hope if there's even a Bloodborne 2 they revamp the system, instead of deleting it all.

If it's a Depth 5 Root that it's popular because there's some good item there, they're always very populated (or atleast were).

Man, now I miss Chalice dungeons in Dark Souls 3. The grind to reach the end sucked but Depth 5 runs were so fun. I hope if there's even a Bloodborne 2 they revamp the system, instead of deleting it all.

Man I've only done Depth 1&2 chalice dungeons so far and they were boring as hell. I don't have anywhere near enough materials for the other Depths.

If you are using the extralife gylphs well yes the chalices are crowed on that page

Ferr986

Man I've only done Depth 1&2 chalice dungeons so far and they were boring as hell. I don't have anywhere near enough materials for the other Depths.

This is the problem. Low tier Chalices are boring and useless. Also, the fixed ones have always the same layout so they get repetitive with multiple characters.

Chalices should be really endgame only and always be randomized (so, Root Chalices only).

Deku Tree

Yeah most people don't look to doing the chalice dungeons until after they're majorly over leveled for the initial ones. And then there are a lot of them to finish up before getting to the ones with good loot.

It's better if you do the chalice dungeons as soon as you get the chalice. It also breaks up the monotony that way.

Sulik2

I actually finished a Pthumeru Chalice earlier. Final boss was
Watch Dog of the Old Lords.
Looks a lot like Sulyvahn's Beasts in DS3.

Didn't really get anything useful though.

There is an entire progression chain for them. Look up the wiki on it, basically each chalice dungeon gives you the chalice for the next are plus one dropped by the Amygdila boss. The early ones are kind of boring, the later ones are the toughest content in the game outside of the DLC.

-Horizon-

Stupid question but I just only now learned there was a free ps4 theme for this game last year. Tried the code, didn't work. Guess the offer expired a while back yeah?

Top Bottom