• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

rtcn63

Personally, I pump vit and endurance like a madman.

When facing hunters, just be aggressive. If there's two in an area, just try to aggro one and do as much damage as possible (or even take them out completely). They're also generally easy to parry.

The gunner can be cheesed. He's not hard to knock off the roof platform, you'll likely end up doing it unintentionally.

Is there a special method to taking down ai hunters? Especially the gunner.

Also my stats arm at lvl 28 are

Vit 20
End 15
Str. 14
Skill. 12
Blood. 9
Arcane. 8

What should I go for? I use the saw btw
The Saw Cleaver scales with strength. So more points in strength will be helpful. Regardless Vitality and endurance are never wasted. Whatever you feel you need more of.

Its subjunctive since some players are good enough to get away with less HP while others, such as myself, prefer having more HP.

In Old Yharnam? If you can climb the ladder fast enough, lock on him and start spamming your pistol. It will knock him off and he will die. His items will be at the top by the machine gun once you reload into the area. I never tried knocking him off with a blunderbuss. So I cant say if it will work using the blunderbuss due to the range differences between the firearms.

Deku Tree

The Saw Cleaver scales with strength. So more points in strength will be helpful. Regardless Vitality and endurance are never wasted. Whatever you feel you need more of.

Its subjunctive since some players are good enough to get away with less HP while others, such as myself, prefer having more HP.

In Old Yharnam? If you can climb the ladder fast enough, lock on him and start spamming your pistol. It will knock him off and he will die. His items will be at the top by the machine gun once you reload into the area. I never tried knocking him off with a blunderbuss. So I cant say if it will work using the blunderbuss due to the range differences between the firearms.

It's
better if you don't kill that one.

The second fight against him, seems his name is djura went like this I climbed the ladder he fired his fun and rolled towards me, I rolled to the side he back stepped once when I tried to get close, then he backed stepped again randomly and he feel away from the ladder to his death, I didn't even hit him

Deku Tree

So if I create my first level 5 root chalice that is cursed defiled and fetid. Then I create a different level 5 root chalice.

Then Can I search for and open a c/d/f version of the second root chalice without doing another ritual?

O
rphan
of K
os
down. Got him on my third try. Going to sunbro some bosses to get enough insight for the last chunk I need and maybe try some chalice dungeons too before I beat the final boss and head into NG+.

So if I create my first level 5 root chalice that is cursed defiled and fetid. Then I create a different level 5 root chalice.

Then Can I search for and open a c/d/f version of the second root chalice without doing another ritual?

If you make a C D F root chalice then you are able to make C D F free only if you use the gylphs to search for another root chalice of the same area with the same status requirements or less.

Vit 20
End 15
Str. 14
Skill. 12
Blood. 9
Arcane. 8

In order of importance for your first blind run

End>Vit>Str

Can anyone help me in pt1 for BSB someitme tonight? I've already beaten him tons of times, just going through an alt and don't feel like grinding antidotes before I have my two main weapons (HMGS and Tonitrus)

psn id is Psychoward23, it'd be greatly appreciated

Deku Tree

If you make a C D F root chalice then you are able to make C D F free only if you use the gylphs to search for another root chalice of the same area with the same status requirements or less.

Not exactly sure what you mean. But I was not able to use a glyph to go into any Depth 5 root chalice earlier. Then I made one Depth 5 C D F chalice. Then I was able to use glyphs to make ever other Depth 5 root chalice even from different chalices for free.

It kinda defeats the challenge of Depth 5 CDF root when people just found the ones with the good stuff right by the first door on lvl 1 and shared it with everyone. I'm not complaining but that's what it looks like.

myco666

Vit 20
End 15
Str. 14
Skill. 12
Blood. 9
Arcane. 8

I would just bump Vit to 30 and End to 25-30. After that Str or Skill depending on weapon you want to use. Investing a lot of points to Str or Skill now can be bad for later if you find a weapon you want but the scaling is for the other attribute. You could also get Arcane to 15 since there are couple Tools that are good for all builds.

Yes. After creating one FCR Dungeon you can search for any of them without having to use materials.

I recieved the DLC item. Where do I go to access the DLC, and when is it recommended to go there(what level/point in the main game)?

Is it possible to get some of the DLC weapons before beating its first boss?

myco666

I recieved the DLC item. Where do I go to access the DLC, and when is it recommended to go there(what level/point in the main game)?

Go outside of the Oedon Chapel from the left door and there is a thing that will grab you to the DLC. From Software recommends lvl65 for the DLC so basically 2/3 in to the game.

Yes you can get few weapons without fighting bosses there but even the enemies are going to be a challenge if you go there immediately after gaining access to it.

Here is how to access the DLC. According to the guide, its recommended to be level 80 with a +9 weapon. However I think as long as you are within level 70 range, you will be fine. I think you can get 5 or 6 DLC trick weapons and ~2 firearms before fighting the first DLC boss.

just got to boss 3, took 2 attempts, almost 20 healing potions and a fair few antidotes but beat him as I saw he was easier to parry than the previous boss. Now I gotta grind echoes to get more potions in my storage.

just started bloodborne myself. After I killed the Cleric Beast and after watching a few guides I decided to kill the crow lady and was able to buy her Daggers for 40k. took a long time lol. I'm still in central Yharnam. im lvl21. gonna focus on Skill and Arcane and some on bloodtinge.

my next goal is to get to lvl30 and get the crow gear before Father Gascoigne.

this is my first souls type game. really enjoying it so far.

Ogawa-san

just got to boss 3, took 2 attempts, almost 20 healing potions and a fair few antidotes but beat him as I saw he was easier to parry than the previous boss. Now I gotta grind echoes to get more potions in my storage.
You got your first chalice from that boss. It's not a bad place to go grind echoes to buy vials before the next boss, plus it's required if you ever want to do the harder chalices.

Ferr986

just started bloodborne myself. After I killed the Cleric Beast and after watching a few guides I decided to kill the crow lady and was able to buy her Daggers for 40k. took a long time lol. I'm still in central Yharnam. im lvl21. gonna focus on Skill and Arcane and some on bloodtinge.

my next goal is to get to lvl30 and get the crow gear before Father Gascoigne.

this is my first souls like game. really enjoying it so far.

I would say don't waste points into Bloodtinge unless you're planning to use a BT scaling weapon (basically Chikage or the DLC Bloodletter).

The Blades of Mercy basically scales mostly with Skill, the ARC scaling doesn't really add much. Prioritize SKL leveling if you want to keep using that weapon.

Happy you're enjoying btw, amazing game :)

I would say don't waste points into Bloodtinge unless you're planning to use a BT scaling weapon (basically Chikage or the DLC Bloodletter).

The Blades of Mercy basically scales mostly with Skill, the ARC scaling doesn't really add much. Prioritize SKL leveling if you want to keep using that weapon.

Happy you're enjoying btw, amazing game :)

ok cool. ill keep that in mind.

I would like blades of mercy as well as the sword that becomes a bow that's in the DLC. I cant recall what it scales with. id like to alternate between those two weapons.

Ferr986

ok cool. ill keep that in mind.

I would like blades of mercy as well as the sword that becomes a bow that's in the DLC. I cant recall what it scales with. id like to alternate between those two weapons.

Oh true, the bow, when it's in sword mode it scalles with Skill only, and in Bow form it scales only with Bloodtinge. So yeah, you need BT for that (considering the bow is what it makes it different than any other sword).

Chikage (the katana) works the same, although the Bloodtinge mode is what it makes it useful (more damage).

Matt Frost

Was watching a video about the DLC and there are so many new cool weapons there... so many I could see myself using them, like Katana or the bow... is the Saw Cleaver better than those?

Ferr986

Was watching a video about the DLC and there are so many new cool weapons there... so many I could see myself using them, like Katana or the bow... is the Saw Cleaver better than those?

They're all pretty much equal. Good thing about Bloodborne is that weapon balance is really good. DLC are really fun too, they're the most "crazy" IMO.

The bow for example, I don't think it's very useful in sword mode but it can be really good in Bow mode. I use is as a secondary weapon for longa range with my Bloodtinge build.

Katana is from vanilla btw.

Matt Frost

They're all pretty much equal. Good thing about Bloodborne is that weapon balance is really good. DLC are really fun too, they're the most "crazy" IMO.

The bow for example, I don't think it's very useful in sword mode but it can be really good in Bow mode. I use is as a secondary weapon for long range with my Bloodtinge build.

Katana is from vanilla btw.

Really? Then or I was confused and/or saw something else and thought it was a katana... my bad.

I can see myself using the bow quite a bit, even more if its does good damage. Good thing to hear about the weapon balance. Nice.

Man, why I decided to start Bloodborne the day Overwatch was out? I flirted a bit with Dark Souls 3 but is way too complex for a beginner so I tried Bloodborne... Now I am hooked, absolutely loving every second and want to play BB, but OW is there and a lot of friends are playing it. I am torn!

ha! I'm playing Bloodborne in between Overwatch sessions when I cant get a group together or I'm burnt out.

so I'm gonna do Blades of Mercy/Bow Blade on my first play through. should be fun.

So skill & BT and dabble in arcane.

Really? Then or I was confused and/or saw something else and thought it was a katana... my bad.

You're probably thinking of the Rakuyo, which is a katana-sabre that splits into a katana-sabre and a dagger, which is from the DLC (and also seriously good, perhaps too good). The main game has a katana-sabre called the Chikage (which doesn't split into two weapons—although it does go 2-handed in its trick mode).

My main character used both, because I am hopeless.

Matt Frost

You're probably thinking of the Rakuyo, which is a katana-sabre that splits into a katana-sabre and a dagger, which is from the DLC (and also seriously good, perhaps too good). The main game has a katana-sabre called the Chikage (which doesn't split into two weapons—although it does go 2-handed in its trick mode).

My main character used both, because I am hopeless.

Well, I think I am going to learn a bit more watching stuff from my the vanilla version instead of the DLC which I don't own yet. 30 minutes to get out of work and play BB! Yay!

Deku Tree

A lot of people must be playing Bloodborne. I was playing chalice dungeons last night and I got my messages rated at least five times. Wow.

Masamuna

The giant street sharks can die in a fire, I didn't even attempt the
well
but the second one you come across with an anchor/giant harpoon threw me for a hell of a loop.

I haven't even explored the latter half of the town but managed to stumble upon the major shortcuts to the boss. No idea how I'm going to manage that.

Speaking of which something that bothers me is that my game is forced offline. No matter what I do it kicks me back to the main screen if I attempt online mode. So far I've solo'd everything because of that but I wouldn't mind some coop action. Has anyone experienced this? I wonder if deleting and reinstalling will fix it.

Ogawa-san

A lot of people must be playing Bloodborne. I was playing chalice dungeons last night and I got my messages rated at least five times. Wow.
With the two chars I made last month I left a message before the pig in the sewers, I was surprised to see both hitting 30 ratings.

A message after defiled pthumerian descendant about it not being worth the grief is always popular too.

How much would I need to pump into arcane in order to make the Holy Moonlight Sword viable in NG+ and onwards? I have 40 strength, 25 skill and arcane is at whatever the base is for the military veteran.

The giant street sharks can die in a fire, I didn't even attempt the
well
but the second one you come across with an anchor/giant harpoon threw me for a hell of a loop.

I haven't even explored the latter half of the town but managed to stumble upon the major shortcuts to the boss. No idea how I'm going to manage that.

Speaking of which something that bothers me is that my game is forced offline. No matter what I do it kicks me back to the main screen if I attempt online mode. So far I've solo'd everything because of that but I wouldn't mind some coop action. Has anyone experienced this? I wonder if deleting and reinstalling will fix it.

Do the w
ell!
You get
Lady Maria's sword if you kill both of the giant sharks. Try kiting them around the pillar. The second one that jumps down is weaker so I just took him out immediately after he jumped down so I can focus on the one with the anchor.

The boss isn't that bad. You just have to
roll a lot and know when to keep your distance because he has good range. He staggers easily.
I like to punish him for using that
jump attack too.

Deku Tree

How much would I need to pump into arcane in order to make the Holy Moonlight Sword viable in NG+ and onwards? I have 40 strength, 25 skill and arcane is at whatever the base is for the military veteran.

HMS does a lot of physical damage with strength in my build. It just does a lot more if you add an Arcane scaling. It does fine in NG+, it just doesn't do as good as something like LHB. If you have high Arcane then HMS does substantially more damage. IDK about anything higher than NG+ though...

Ok I am literally lost in Bloodborne, I was meant to go up oedon chapel or whatever it's called but ended up going down, I died after leaving it via the bottom and now am in a area I've never been too

It's got this enemy that carries a bag and hits for tons of damage, did I activate an area too early?

Ya har Gul? Should I even be here yet as those bag enemies hit hard and fast, they hit harder than the 3rd boss did

rulerk1

Mergo Wet Nurse was kind of easy for someone who might have been a final boss but I swear I took more damage in my second and third tries when fighting it, weird. The fight had a pretty nice atmosphere with music and the darkness and all.

Ferr986

The MLGS is a little weird to build up.

Basically, regular attacks scale with STR and SKL first and then ARC. Then the special attacks, the beam scales purely with ARC, and hitting with the sword scales with STR/SKL. Ideally you want to hit the enemy with both the beam and the sword doing an L2 and R2.

Basically my MLGS build is 50STR 25SKL 50ARC, if I remember cocrrectly.
For gems, the best ones are the nourishing type.

The R2 is a 2 hit combo, it can do absurdly high damage with that build.

The MLGS is a little weird to build up.

Basically, regular attacks scale with STR and SKL first and then ARC. Then the special attacks, the beam scales purely with ARC, and hitting with the sword scales with STR/SKL. Ideally you want to hit the enemy with both the beam and the sword doing an L2 and R2.

Basically my MLGS build is 50STR 25SKL 50ARC, if I remember cocrrectly.
For gems, the best ones are the nourishing type.

The R2 is a 2 hit combo, it can do absurdly high damage with that build.

HMS does a lot of physical damage with strength in my build. It just does a lot more if you add an Arcane scaling. It does fine in NG+, it just doesn't do as good as something like LHB. If you have high Arcane then HMS does substantially more damage. IDK about anything higher than NG+ though...

Thanks! I think I'm just going to roll with the Whirligig Saw for now until I get my arcane higher.

Ogawa-san

At 20 str/99arc and the best arcane scaling gems I expected the HMS to murder stuff. I thought it'd work like blt weapons and do pure arcane damage while transformed. I was horribly wrong.

The charged R2 combo (that is pure arcane) can do over 2k damage though. It's nice and all, but with those gems any weapon I have can do a lot of damage that fast and without spending bullets, especially a fire whirligig.

Ok I am literally lost in Bloodborne, I was meant to go up oedon chapel or whatever it's called but ended up going down, I died after leaving it via the bottom and now am in a area I've never been too

It's got this enemy that carries a bag and hits for tons of damage, did I activate an area too early?
It can be rough at lower levels. You can go back there later, but not much later. Just keep that in mind.

Deku Tree

Grinding chalice dungeons to gain access to the best gems on an alternate character sounds like such a chore. FROM should let all the deepest chalice dungeons unlock automatically on your alternate characters.

At 20 str/99arc and the best arcane scaling gems I expected the HMS to murder stuff. I thought it'd work like blt weapons and do pure arcane damage while transformed. I was horribly wrong.

The charged R2 combo (that is pure arcane) can do over 2k damage though. It's nice and all, but with those gems any weapon I have can do a lot of damage that fast and without spending bullets, especially a fire whirligig.

It can be rough at lower levels. You can go back there later, but not much later. Just keep that in mind.

I managed to explore most of the area but those bag enemies would also be life and death battles, I think I found a boss too down there but if the bag enemies are that hard the boss will be worse

So there was one door in CW that I was never able to open, not talking about the door to UCW, but the one by the two
rock trolls and the cathedral giant with the ball and chain.
Is there a way to open it?

Also, if your insight is at 1, are the enemies that drain insight able to get that last bit? FROM wouldn't allow them to lock you out of the Hunter's Dream, right? lol

Mine is actually at 1 now since I used 20 after beating OoK to get one of the last two chunks I needed to upgrade a third weapon. Plus, I used 60 on a second blood rock earlier. Spent a bunch on bolt/fire paper too.

So there was one door in CW that I was never able to open, not talking about the door to UCW, but the one by the two
rock trolls and the cathedral giant with the ball and chain.
Is there a way to open it?

There is no way to open that door, its thought to be a left over shortcut that just became irrelevant with the final build of the game. It leads right behind where you fought the Cleric Beast. If you drop a couple of shiny coins and run around to where the Cleric Beast lantern is you can see them shining through the door there.

There is no way to open that door, its thought to be a left over shortcut that just became irrelevant with the final build of the game. It leads right behind where you fought the Cleric Beast. If you drop a couple of shiny coins and run around to where the Cleric Beast lantern is you can see them shining through the door there.

Ah okay, thanks. I figured I was just missing something because of those
"you're in the know, right?"
messages.

Sulik2

O
rphan
of K
os
down. Got him on my third try. Going to sunbro some bosses to get enough insight for the last chunk I need and maybe try some chalice dungeons too before I beat the final boss and head into NG+.

The chalice dungeons are longer then the base game. Some super cool bosses in them too.

Top Bottom