• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

All pics from set #3 of the Wonder Girls teaser images
CmC-MGhVAAEEMnQ.jpg

CmC-M9HUYAAUb6f.jpg

CmC-N4dUoAA4F1z.jpg

CmC-PHtUYAAnjEN.jpg

---

Kush & Zion.T - Machine Gun (Feat. MINO)
Zion.T (자이언티) - Knock (쿵)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dice, what do you think of this https://youtu.be/FRyLYtBLIOE ?
A most jubilant composition for courting a fair debutante at the country dance on a lovely summer afternoon.

edit: oh it's changing

edit 2: Alright it's done. You know that I'm not terribly into Bach, however this dude has finesse off the charts. Usually you get that kind of flow in the touch and things become less contained but he doesn't get wild with it.

edit 3: if I'm going to that end of things I'd rather roll with my boy haydn https://youtu.be/6humRZqxNio

broz0rs

I wish there was a classical music thread on GAF, but everywhere else I look classical music always incites the most annoying arguments, especially about Bach.

I absolutely love this one, but I know Bach purists will eat it alive.

Dice

Peru loves Bach but I swing more toward Russian composers.

"Put some stank on it!" -Me about all music everywhere

Pendulum

Going to be another flop from the Wonder Girls by the looks of it.

New avatar doesn't hide the taeyeon.jpg behind it.

If flopping gave us the best K-Pop album of last year with good single charting after years away, the Wonder Girls can flop all over my face

ramyeon

New avatar doesn't hide the taeyeon.jpg behind it.

If flopping gave us the best K-Pop album of last year with good single charting after years away, the Wonder Girls can flop all over my face.
AReed appears to troll whenever the Wonder Girls come up. Legitimately worse than the 4Minute bot.

Pendulum

I guess that fifth member was a troll or maybe YG will have separate units like EXO-K & EXO-M

Or they do a Yeri.

Edit:
The group was originally 9 members
Over the years, especially within the last 1-2 years, YG himself decided to cut the group down to 4 members, the 4 members that gave off the 'strongest vibes' together
The other 5 trainees will stay with YG Entertainment, for now.
brief translation of report

So can we expect another girl group in a year or so via a survival show ala Ikon?

feist_

Banned
Are "Strong Vibes" the 2016 version of "Vampire Charms?"

Oddly enough, I was thinking about this group moments before the latest series of promo media were released. I think I'm going to like them.
They already have better dancing than 2NE1 and seem to have some presence. Give them the good songs 2NE1 can no longer sing due to pitch issues or other factors. Mind, I don't mean it has to have a 2NE1 concept or sound, but some Crush-level (mini, not single) quality material and they should do well.

Have you heard Areia's Remix of HBH?

I personally prefer it over the original mostly because I find the original waaaaaaay too slow for my tastes and the backing track is really good.
Thanks I hadn't heard this. It's nice though I think Simon D's verse sounds better with the original track.

Euijin still carrying this group on her back? With help from D.ana too, but mostly Euijin it seems. At this point, how many people are able to identify which member is Sonamoo's leader?

Song is decent and could grow on me. The choreo seems to have some good portions like most of their releases. I wasn't a big fan of "Cushion" really, so this is probably their second best single after "K.I.S.S," Regardless, I'd be surprised if it improves their fortunes all that much.

Kazzy

Gawd, I've fallen so far off the K-Pop radar, that I don't even know anymore...

Ironically, living in South Korea, I can't really find too many stores that are actually good for buying cds from. They all seem to be pretty low-key and 'local', and I kind of miss the big huge flagship stores that I could hit in the past (Oh, Tower Records, how I miss thee!)

TL:DR: This year has been a complete wash for me, where to begin?

Seeing as how I showed up in a search in the first OT I guess I've been lurk posting in these for 5 years...getting old...feels bad man. At least I've stuck around to see the rise of Oh My Girl (in everything except rankings)

Pendulum

TL:DR: This year has been a complete wash for me, where to begin?

Since we're talking 6 months here, what kind of groups/concepts do you like? Do we even consider hip hop/indie/electronic, or it's straight up K-Pop recommendations?

Edit: At the very least check out Twice's "Cheer Up", Mamamoo's "넌 is 뭔들", and GFriend's "Rough" (though personally the latter is not my style), 3 of the best charting K-Pop songs this past 6 months. Also Oh My Girl's continued run of great, underappreciated songs ("Liar Liar", "One Step Two Step", "Windy Day") - make sure you watch their choreo on stages.

Episode 3 of Doctors/Doctor Crush...

It pains me to see Lee Sung-kyung act like a little bitch, but she's damn good at it so I feel really conflicted lol.

Also, PSH is pulling off some magic in this show. I'd basically roll my eyes everytime she's crying on screen in her previous dramas, but here... I'm very invested in her character that I actually feel really bad for all the shit she's going through. Hell, I want her to succeed already and have a happy ending... and we're only 3 episodes in!

Now for the spoilers part:

Man, fnck those writers. When Grandma found out she had cancer, I knew, I fncking knew it was gonna be the final catalyst that'll get Hye-jung to change. Everything Hye-jung did for good came crashing down due to her fnck up. But losing Grandma? That's the one she had no control over and it's gonna haunt her for eternity I think.

That said, I do think it's a decent catalyst, but I just saw it coming from a mile away. I really wanted to see Grandma survive and keep guiding Hye-jung, but of course dramas don't work that way(and real life too tbh) so I understand why the writers decided to do this.

Also, Seo-woo's dad is a fncking heartless son of a bitch. I thought his wife was the heartless SOB, but to be THAT detached after a patient dies? I'm glad he had to suck his dad's dick just to get anywhere in life, people like that deserve all the shit Hye-jung gets imo.

Anyway, I really want to watch ep 4 but I've got work tomorrow morning so I'm gonna have to wait another 20 hours before I can get to it. :(

Thanks I hadn't heard this. It's nice though I think Simon D's verse sounds better with the original track.

I agree actually. Ssam.D's verse wasn't meant to be sped up or whatever, it was written purely for the original.

Peru

Yeah PSH is a different actor in this show. The pitch of her voice is lower, the crying feels real/earned.

A most jubilant composition for courting a fair debutante at the country dance on a lovely summer afternoon.

edit: oh it's changing

edit 2: Alright it's done. You know that I'm not terribly into Bach, however this dude has finesse off the charts. Usually you get that kind of flow in the touch and things become less contained but he doesn't get wild with it.

edit 3: if I'm going to that end of things I'd rather roll with my boy haydn https://youtu.be/6humRZqxNio

He's cool, the whole documentary of that recording is up on youtube and shows him annoying the orchestra with all the details he wants to get right.

Yeah that Haydn goes nicely on the playlist for my upcoming solo car crossing of the country. Don't see the fundamental difference in approach to Bach's piano concert, though. Same structure too. Let Bach baroque your casbah the same way.

I wish there was a classical music thread on GAF, but everywhere else I look classical music always incites the most annoying arguments, especially about Bach.

I absolutely love this one, but I know Bach purists will eat it alive.

I sat through a concert of Bach's art of fugue on solo piano - which is probably the driest and least beginner friendly Bach performance you could attend. It was great, of course, but on the 'intellectual' end of the scale, where it's so often emotional for me. That guy in your vid has got a thing going on though for sure.

I erected a shrine built from Seulgi hug pillows. Prayed 50 times a day every day and in her graciousness, I was born anew.*

Can a mod make my tag "Back like cooked crack?"

*Google translated from jibberish: While the PC which had the newly changed and unsaved password stored in it was wiped (and recovery email no longer valid), it turns out I had VERY briefly logged into another one of my PCs for some reason.

The misc. PC was dormant for the past 2 years, and has multiple browser installed on it. I happened to recently reinstate the boot SSD from that PC into another build. Randomly opened this particular browser and I'm now out of the wilderness.

Feels good to be home

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
·feist·;208643760 said:
I erected a shrine built from Seulgi hug pillows. Prayed 50 times a day every day and in her graciousness, I was born anew.*

Can a mod make my tag "Back like cooked crack?"

*Google translated from jibberish: While the PC which had the newly changed and unsaved password stored in it was wiped (and recovery email no longer valid), it turns out I had VERY briefly logged into another one of my PCs for some reason.

The misc. PC was dormant for the past 2 years, and has multiple browser installed on it. I happened to recently reinstate the boot SSD from that PC into another build. Randomly opened this particular browser and I'm now out of the wilderness.

Feels good to be home
Your last post on that account was almost 2 years ago? Dang, been a long time.. At least the thread will end with a wall of photos from the real account.

Dice

Don't skip the Sonamoo album because of that MV. TS has a tradition of not picking the best tracks to promote with and in this case they actually picked the worst track on the album. A schizophrenic train wreck of a song where even none of the divergent parts could make a good time had they been developed into full ideas. Combine that with the MV where obligatory sexy Euijin is the only redeeming quality and it's like they're actively trying to kill the group.

Let lifegiving Seungah restore you:

I'm already familiar with Urban Zakapa, Clazziquai Project and Davichi. Not a fan of IU, but have really liked Subin's solo stuff so far, hopefully it's successful for her considering Dal Shabet aren't really getting anywhere these days.

I'd quite like to see Alex do more stuff, whether it be solo or just featuring, 이별, 만남... 그 중점에서, which he featured on is one of my favourite Epik High songs.

Thanks for the other suggestions though!

llehuty

I'm already familiar with Urban Zakapa, Clazziquai Project and Davichi. Not a fan of IU, but have really liked Subin's solo stuff so far, hopefully it's successful for her considering Dal Shabet aren't really getting anywhere these days.

I'd quite like to see Alex do more stuff, whether it be solo or just featuring, 이별, 만남... 그 중점에서, which he featured on is one of my favourite Epik High songs.

Thanks for the other suggestions though!
Ah, didn't know you were aware of all those artist already, I'm definitely not qualified to show you new stuff. But hold on a second...

Not a fan of IU
This must be an historical moment in this community. I think it's the first time I see someone saying he doesn't like IU in here.
Are you ynok?

I typed out a suggestion for Han Soa, not I'm not sure if she really matches what you're looking for wolfwolfwolf, but I'll post it anyway. I really love her sweet voice and she has a lot of nice songs.
Here's my fave song, '사과' (Apple/confession). Bad audio quality though, Youtube doesn't have a decent rip of this song. It has a more pop beat though.

Her album '사과' has a nice selection of songs like this, she has a nice portfolio of varied songs even though her voice isn't that spectacular. It's just the sweet sound that works well imo. Some various songs I like.

- 태엽 (Tears In My Eyes) - more emotional
- 사랑에 빠졌나봐 (Falling in love) - more pop
- 내 맘 훔친 너 (You Stole My Heart)
- 귓속말 (Whisper)
- 시간이 필요해 (I Need Time) - more chill

But someone more closely to what you're looking for is probably Lim Kim with her flawless track All Right for example (tbh it's the only track of her I listen to).

I typed out a suggestion for Han Soa, not I'm not sure if she really matches what you're looking for wolfwolfwolf, but I'll post it anyway. I really love her sweet voice and she has a lot of nice songs.
Here's my fave song, '사과' (Apple/confession). Bad audio quality though, Youtube doesn't have a decent rip of this song. It has a more pop beat though.

Her album '사과' has a nice selection of songs like this, she has a nice portfolio of varied songs even though her voice isn't that spectacular. It's just the sweet sound that works well imo. Some various songs I like.

- 태엽 (Tears In My Eyes) - more emotional
- 사랑에 빠졌나봐 (Falling in love) - more pop
- 내 맘 훔친 너 (You Stole My Heart)
- 귓속말 (Whisper)
- 시간이 필요해 (I Need Time) - more chill

But someone more closely to what you're looking for is probably Lim Kim with her flawless track All Right for example (tbh it's the only track of her I listen to).
Some of those Han Soa songs are pretty good...

This is the type of stuff I was looking for though. When it comes to Korean stuff outside of your standard K-Pop fare I mostly just listen to Hip-Hop, but looking to branch out a little bit. If it helps I also quite like Fanny Fink (파니핑크).

Whilst I'm here I also want to recommend Saltnpaper. They're fronted by MYK, who some might know from all the stuff he has done with Epik High. He released his second album as part of Saltnpaper last year called Awe Fin but a month or so ago he put out his third, called Spin. Also contributed to the Cheese in the Trap OST with Go.

SALTNPAPER (솔튼페이퍼) - 오 달아라 (feat. 김이지 of 꽃잠프로젝트)

SALTNPAPER (솔튼페이퍼) - What A Place (a.e.i.o.u)

It was actually through this album that I discovered Ggotjam Project.

Peru

During their interview, the members revealed their thoughts on the impending comeback. Sihyun talked about Lee Hyori's advice, saying, "We went to Jeju island with our new song, and [Hyori] unnie said, 'Make sure to have a clear concept with this comeback. And work hard, as hard as how long you've been resting.'"

Lee Hyori is like some k-pop Yoda at this point, living in seclusion in some remote hut giving out sage advice.

Deadly

llehuty

베리어스(Various) 빙글 사무실 습격 #KPOP #DANCE #너만을원해
Budget so limited hat they couldn't even rent the studio long enough to record a full version of the dance practice. Song is still legit.

VAV (브이에이브이)_No doubt(노답)_Teaser video 2
On the other hand, the CEO of these nugus must have won the lottry recently.

Dead at the combo of those skirts with the sneakers

Edit;
That only 500 posts left feel:
tumblr_o3kvp8u2X91roj9elo2_400.gif

Top Bottom