• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm with you, but we can hold out hope for the Batman solo.

That or the Aquaman movie..

I wish the no jokes policy was real. CBM humor sucks, DC is no different. At least they weren't trying, but now they are...

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I like to think he was busy with other people, that way I sleep better at night.

Or maybe he just doesn't love you.

Goddamnit Icon, stop ruining things. Who else helps Santa with all the gifts?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Let's be real. Superman flying doesn't make the slightest sense.

Nah, the real question is how the fuck they put on their suit. No fucking way Batfleck or Baldman are able to do that on their own.

@Raptor

Nope, Batfleck confirmes to direct Batman movie though.

strafer

And by the way, INST. I have some bad news about Santa... >_>

Tb1Y52H.gif

Guys, we need to talk.

I really, really dislike Kevin Conroy in since the Arkham games have started. It really feels like he is phoning everything in. No passion.
Glad that Troy Baker is doing Batman in the Telltale game, although I would've liked Roger Craig Smith better.

strafer

We need to talk.

I really, really dislike Kevin Conroy in since the Arkham games have started. It really feels like he is phoning everything in. No passion.

Glad that Troy Baker is doing Batman in the Telltale game, although I would've liked Roger Craig Smith better.

Well yeah, that's what I've been saying.

Roger Craig in Origins now that's Batman.

Shall be interesting to hear Troys take on him. Hope he doesn't sound like Joel from The Last of Us.

WhiteWolf

Guys, we need to talk.

Preaching to the choir here man, Origins had great voice acting!

IconGrist

Yea, I've been saying Kevin Conroy has been phoning it in for years. Real shame too because I love the sound of his Batman when Kevin cared.

bryanee

Well yeah, that's what I've been saying.

Roger Craig in Origins now that's Batman.

Shall be interesting to hear Troys take on him. Hope he doesn't sound like Joel from The Last of Us.

Roger Craig in Origins isn't Batman. He's Chris Redfield.

As for Troy it just sounds like he's doing his Lego Batman voice.

Kevin Conroy sounds great for the lighthearted work in the Justice League Action trailer. The dramatic or serious scenes, it's sad to say he's been lacking in the recent past.

Bruce Greenwood is my favorite modern Batman voice actor.

MisterHero

Hey that Justice League shield logo is awesome

It's incredibly similar to the New DC logo and the Warner Bros. logo.

which Leaguer put the star in it

it was Batman, wasn't it?

I wish the no jokes policy was real. CBM humor sucks, DC is no different. At least they weren't trying, but now they are...

I don't. As much as I liked BvS, there was no fucking way DC was going to do another one of those (hell, Terrio said it himself). The insanely negative reaction to BvS' tone fucking cemented that.

I hate the idea that "having some humor" means "it's going to be a fucking comedy".

Odoul

So I'm not the only one.

It's not just comic book movies either, I kind of hate that movies now are criticized if they don't lighten the mood/tension.

It's a crutch almost. If you take the wind out of your own sails first other people can't do it.

I think it's the 80's action/horror my dad forced me to watch as a kid.

Low tolerance for shitty humor.

Kevin Conroy sounds great for the lighthearted work in the Justice League Action trailer. The dramatic or serious scenes, it's sad to say he's been lacking in the recent past.

Bruce Greenwood is my favorite modern Batman voice actor.

Peter Weller did a pretty good job in the The Dark Knight Returns.

He didn't necessarily have the range other VA's had when playing Batman but he certainly had the right inflections and emotions.

Comic book film humor is humor for the lowest common denominator. I don't find anything in those MCU films funny. It's mostly just cringey. Even in Deadpool, most of the jokes fall flat, and I'm just not a fan of Flash's "second favorite chair"-tier jokes. Bring back the subtle dark humor from The Dark Knight trilogy.

IconGrist

Comic book film humor is humor for the lowest common denominator. I don't find anything in those MCU films funny. It's mostly just cringey. Even in Deadpool, most of the jokes fall flat, and I'm just not a fan of Flash's "second favorite chair"-tier jokes. Bring back the subtle dark humor from The Dark Knight trilogy.

"So that's what that feels like."

True story. People in my theater laughed when he said that but I was the one asshole thinking, "Why the hell is he still using his Bat voice when no one's around?"

TDKT had some good underrated humor.

Humor is good when it suits the character or situation. Age of Ultron is, to me, an example of how just bad it gets when you write all characters with the same voice. X-Men DoFP or at points Civil War is largely balancing it well. Say, Black Panther is never cracking jokes in the film. During dramatic beats Wolverine isn't making dick jokes.

In truth I don't know what to expect from JL. For all the assumptions of a 180, Cyborg and Aquaman seem serious. Batman's humor is along the lines of what I'd expect from Batman. I saw Flash as the only overtly funny character. We'll see how it pans out. There's not much to judge it on now.

J_Viper

My fear is Ezra turning out to be another Eisenburg-esque performance, in terms of overdoing it.

Maybe I just didn't understand that chair joke. Really, what did he mean by that?

IconGrist

My fear is Ezra turning out to be another Eisenburg-esque performance, in terms of overdoing it.

Maybe I just didn't understand that chair joke. Really, what did he mean by that?

He didn't mean anything. Just being overly specific because he's a weirdo with no friends. Look at his place, lol. It's not exactly "inviting".

Ashhong

Serious question, is "second favorite chair" some kind of known joke where there are more like it? I dont know what you mean by its "tier".

Simo

If any of you have a PS4 and a UK account, the PSN store has a pretty cool Suicide Squad dynamic theme now available for free. It's basically all the character posters animated with the film's score playing in the background.

J_Viper

He didn't mean anything. Just being overly specific because he's a weirdo with no friends. Look at his place, lol. It's not exactly "inviting".

We can go deeper. It's Snyder, there must be a biblical allusion somewhere.

Did Jesus have a chair that he favored?

I'm actually gonna miss the religious imagery

Ahasverus

In other news, I saw on r/DC_Cinematic that a couple of people on Twitter have confirmed that Amber Heard will be in London on August 3rd through the 8th to film her Mera scenes.
Very great news, it mean Zack and the team are supporting her in these hard times.

Polarburr

wait. really? people didn't get this joke?

the toilet is his favorite chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom