• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xis

About to start flashin' the cash and rebuild my paper collection. I need binder/accessory recommendations though as I have pretty much nothing. I enjoy organizing and keeping a neat collection so any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

TMI:

I use standard heavy-duty binders with the Ultra-Pro 9-pocket sheets. The cards go in set number order (i.e., by color, then alphabetical). Each pocket is reserved; so if I don't have say, card #3, that pocket stays empty. I'll stick up to 4 copies of a card in a pocket. If I have a full 4-of, the last one goes in backwards, so I can tell at a glance which ones I have complete by looking at the back. A large set fits in a 2" binder, a small set fits in a 1.5" binder. If you are only collecting 1x sets, you can fit in a lot more cards.

bigkrev

About to start flashin' the cash and rebuild my paper collection. I need binder/accessory recommendations though as I have pretty much nothing. I enjoy organizing and keeping a neat collection so any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

A Monster binder (Ultra Pro makes a similar product) is best for a trade binder, and a Four binder (Starcitygames also makes a similar product) are what you want for organizing the cards you plan on playing

If Reid Duke loses the next game he'll have the exact same result as the last time he made top 8.

edit: lol Owen is so tilted by this guy's sequencing, flipping the recruiter with his lands still tapped and Owen just twitches

edit 2: Owen using reflector mage to bounce his emrakul was awesome

And the announcers forgot Summary Dismissal counters abilities.

EDIT: This game has great back-and-forth. Emrakul really does make for interesting games.

Akim

Banned
Watching this stream is really difficult if you don't know all the ins and outs of standard. At least for me.

Didn't realize that with the transforming planeswalkers, you can use a loyalty ability as soon as it enters, even if that's at "instant speed".

Four Emrakuls in one game.

As a spectator, the great thing about Emrakul is that it is possible to fight back against it, and we often see just that.

vegowen2kuuy.png

What? No you can't. You can only play them at sorcery speed.

I must have been mistaken about what happened in that game, then.

EDIT: Surprised that LSV didn't bring in Tamiyo.

EDIT: Actually didn't realize that was the flavor of Traverse the Ulvenwald. You're taking a stroll, and you normally just find lands, but with delirium, you encounter a horrifying creature.

Santiako

I must have been mistaken about what happened in that game, then.

Yeah, it looked confusing on camera because he was laying things down before he actually did them, so he separated the coco from the rest of the graveyard before actually flipping Jace and using his flashback ability.

You know, I wonder if Ulamog would be a good thing to bring in in delirium mirrors. It can't be killed by running into Emrakul, and mills opponents like crazy.

x4 Emrakuls and two super lucky topdecks. Ehhhhh.

I think they're overstating the topdecks. The Elder Deep-Fiend could have been any of his big creatures, and the second top deck was Grapple with the Past, not Emrakul itself.

EDIT: The white-black control prediction that it will lose two games then win three after sideboarding feels really anime.

God, that OCD non-stop hand shuffling is so annoying. Just hold your shit like a normal person holds cards.

The idea is that if you watch your opponents' eyes you can gain information about their hand but it's a pretty small edge and it's mostly habit.

I know that Jon Finkel just draws his card and puts it face down.

Ashodin

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";212700399]The idea is that if you watch your opponents' eyes you can gain information about their hand but it's a pretty small edge and it's mostly habit.

I know that Jon Finkel just draws his card and puts it face down.[/QUOTE]

I do this. I draw my cards and put them on the table so my opponent doesn't glean information from me. I also put on a poker face.

Ashodin

I only woke up, so I'm sorry if I'm late, but man, that is a diverse field.

I don't think it's sustainable. The meta will shift and the other powerful decks will solidify against what you see. GW Tokens and Bant Company will rule until Kaladesh.

El Topo

I don't think it's sustainable. The meta will shift and the other powerful decks will solidify against what you see. GW Tokens and Bant Company will rule until Kaladesh.

I totally agree, but it's still really nice to see all these different approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom