• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was so fucking ridiculous. I love LSV, and I love that I got to shake his hand and talk with him once.

Anyone who quits a game of magic should watch that specific game.

Crocodile

Dat Tamiyo topdeck in the Duke vs LSV match!

latest

Apparently casting Emrakul twice in a game isn't enough to beat Bant Company :p

Ended up in second at my FNM tonight with Jund.
Lost in game three to UW Merfolk. He had a disenchant for my Batterskull. :\

Out of my prize packs, I pulled a Liliana, the Last Hope which was pretty sweet. Also in the same pack pulled out a Bruna.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
When people use fortune's favour on me I put all the cards in one pile. I'm not giving my opponent delirium. Plus it stops Lupine Prototype from attacking.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
so I take it there isn't someone to tell Owen about his hair

Emrakul mindslaver effects definitely have a lot of variety in terms of what can happen. I don't think it will be boring for a while.

EDIT: Gideon helping zombies is pretty flavorful.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol Owen bluffing

IDK why you guys thought Emrakul was bad. It's a 13/13 that can be as cheap as 7 mana.

Angry Grimace

I don't understand why Reid Duke and Owen Turtenwald don't go to a stylist and get nicer haircuts.

Like neither one of them are weird looking people, they just have terrible, terrible haircuts like they just don't care.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why Reid Duke and Owen Turtenwald don't go to a stylist and get nicer haircuts.

Like neither one of them are weird looking people, they just have terrible, terrible haircuts like they just don't care.

4 copies of Tamiyo or 3 copies of Tamiyo and nice hair.

Angry Grimace

I mean, its a pretty stark contrast from Gaby Spartz who has absolutely glorious, thick shiny hair.

Not surprised Bant CoCo is doing bad practically everyone brought a bunch of hate for it. Owen is probably playing Temur mostly for Kozileks Return, Chandra being just the icing on top.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";212635041]Gaby Spartz is married to a millionaire and the Peach Garden Oath share an apartment and fight over WOTC's table scraps.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what any of this means.

y2dvd

They need to quit with these swooping or dynamic shots. Stabilize that shit plz.

In other news, I went 3-1 with Jeskai Sphinx's Tutelage deck that I threw together. I just cant quit that card. Went through BW Control, BR Aggro, and Abzan Delirium and lost to UW Spirits. Figured everyone was gonna be on GB Delirium and I was gonna help mill them all the way out.

It's looking something like:
4 Tutelage
4 Starfield of Nyx
4 Oath of Jace
4 Silkwraps
3 Lunar Force
3 Radiant Flames
3 Collective Defiance
3 Chandra, Flamecaller

And a bunch of random things. Looping Lunar Force with Starfield is pretty hilarious. Or it can help me get back Oath of Jace to dig for answers. With a Tutelage on the field, Chandra 0 or Collective Defiance drawing 7 mills a crazy amount. Imma play this deck again at Gameday and think it can do well with some tweaking.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";212635905]It looked like he unmade it with ruinous path on the stack, but I was distracted and didn't catch the whole turn.[/QUOTE]

that was the play I expected but the ruinous path remained in his hand, hence it was still revealed the following turn.

So much for that.

Crocodile

why didn't Owen ruinous path the kalitas instead of anguished unmaking? Emrakul got protection from the latter.

Path is a sorcery. After casting one, there wouldn't be a legal target on the board aside from Emrakul. So he cast one Path on the Kalitas and then in response cast the Umaking. That let him get rid of 3 cards whereas as casting a Path first would only allow getting rid of two cards. It's not Owen's fault his opponent had 2 Paths in hand (I think that's the part you may be missing, opponent had two Paths in hand when Owen cast Emrakul)

Path is a sorcery. After casting one, there wouldn't be a legal target on the board aside from Emrakul. So he cast one Path on the Kalitas and then in response cast the Umaking. That let him get rid of 3 cards whereas as casting a Path first would only allow getting rid of two cards. It's not Owen's fault his opponent had 2 Paths in hand (I think that's the part you may be missing, opponent had two Paths in hand when Own cast Emrakul)

Yeah I missed that there were two.

Technically 2 Bant Company decks in top 8 is overperforming compared to the amount that showed up. But it's still within expectation. If we get 3 in then that's really saying something.

Firemind

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";212636352]Owen must be super stressed, I've never seen him make a technical error like that.[/QUOTE]
He makes mistakes all the time. Owen is an average player.

ironmang

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";212638062]He's likely to get two byes in top 8.[/QUOTE]

Could he double draw for that or did he draw to lock top 8 and then plan to play for the 2 byes?

There was some point where Owen had the chance to - Lili get back haunted dead play Lili - get back haunted dead. Wonder if that had been a better line than the dark salvation.

Sinister concoction, finally!

Luis drew again.

Luis probably gets 2nd or 3rd seed, which is a pretty huge gap with the new top 8 rules.

edit: I wonder how many 12-4s make it top top 8. Would be nuts to see Reid or Owen knock the other to 9th here.

G.ZZZ

I swear magic nerds are the trashiest looking ones, zero care for appearance or hygiene. In comparison a random FGC event is like Cannes red carpet.

Cheon never being on camera don't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom