• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lee Chaolan/Violet Confirmed for Tekken 7

Here's the Excellent Trailer

CqAuLoOUkAALRFP.jpg:large

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
LeeThumbs1.gif

Looks stunning as ever. I love how Lee can speak perfect English but still Engrishes out "excellent"

Hyun Sai

At last ONE of my mains is in ! No Julia / Michelle / Wang is still bullshit though. I know I've got no chance of getting Baek when Hwoarang is there though :(

Kain

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MI MAIN IS IN YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Now I can jump in the Tekken hype train.

Based Harada

cordy

Banned
Not only that but Wonkey's on the case for the new Tekken news

- Story Mode will have special costumes for some of the characters. Here's Heihachi's
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/765825439285714944

- Story Mode will retell the older history of Tekken as well

Young Kazuya vs Young Heihachi

GamesCom_Story03_1471338117.jpg

- Exorcist Claudio Serafino is integral to Tekken 7's story as he 'holds the key' to defeating the Devil Gene

- Story Mode has several hours of gameplay (including subplots that are unlocked as the game progresses). Not only Mishimas are playable in Story Mode but also stories of fighters outside the Mishima family, such as Claudio Serafino and his exorcist group.

Some Nobody

Not only that but Wonkey's on the case for the new Tekken news

- Story Mode will have special costumes for some of the characters. Here's Heihachi's
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/765825439285714944

- Story Mode will retell the older history of Tekken as well

Young Kazuya vs Young Heihachi

http://www.anime-thunder.de/images/...2016/gamescom/GamesCom_Story03_1471338117.jpg

- Exorcist Claudio Serafino is integral to Tekken 7's story as he 'holds the key' to defeating the Devil Gene

- Story Mode has several hours of gameplay (including subplots that are unlocked as the game progresses). Not only Mishimas are playable in Story Mode but also stories of fighters outside the Mishima family, such as Claudio Serafino and his exorcist group.

This is sounding substantial on the level of an MK story mode. Good. Learn from Capcom.

You question who Lee is and ask for Lei, when Lee has been in almost every game but Tekken 3. Not even counting the fact that Lee predates Lei as Lee is a Tekken 1 original.

Yea, really. What kind of question is that?

Random useless fact: the "Chicago" theme in Tekken 1 (associated with Paul) became Lee's theme in Tekken 2.

Speaking of Chicago, they need to bring back the "real life locations" background scheme that they had in Tekken 1.

poodaddy

It's shaping up to be one of the best looking fighters I've ever seen. That being said, I wonder why they're going in so hard on chromatic abberation man! I mean I can handle it a bit I won't complain about it being the worst effect in gaming like some hyperbolic cats, but it's so strong in this game that every screenshot looks like it's got a 1982 VHS filter on it. I hope there's a toggle for the CA at least :/

Playsage

What an update!
Lee's back and more Story Mode detaiis!
I was expecting flashback episodes but Kazuya as a kid? Cool!
Speculations:
It would be epic if the Story climaxes on a Heihachi vs Kazuya and Kazumi that goes back and forth between the present and past

I wonder why they're going in so hard on chromatic abberation man! I mean I can handle it a bit I won't complain about it being the worst effect in gaming like some hyperbolic cats, but it's so strong in this game that every screenshot looks like it's got a 1982 VHS filter on it.

it's the cancer of this console generation, i don't understand why all developers are so in love with it...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I want to see Xiaoyu story specific costumes, and an indepth story for everybody else too

it's the cancer of this console generation, i don't understand why all developers are so in love with it...

You think they can help it? Its an addiction similar to bloom in the later half of the 6th generation.

It proves your game is hardcore and so techological

poodaddy

I definitely don't like it though I don't know if my ire matches your's haha. That being said, yeah fuck CA pretty hard. I'ma need that toggle to be there for sure as I don't think I could really get into a fighting game with this VHS filter constantly running. It'd just be too jarring :/

You think they can help it? Its an addiction similar to bloom in the later half of the 6th generation.

It proves your game is hardcore and so techological

Haha, yeah, it's like there are companies that push their drug hard on young developers early on so they include their latest filters and effects on all their games.

I definitely don't like it though I don't know if my ire matches your's haha. That being said, yeah fuck CA pretty hard. I'ma need that toggle to be there for sure as I don't think I could really get into a fighting game with this VHS filter constantly running. It'd just be too jarring :/

In small doses it fits certain games and certain scenes. But why it has to ruin the visuals of Bloodborne for example is insane. And yeah, please developers let us toggle it off even if you must include it for your own weird pleasures.

AAK

What is the property of that blue glowing move at the end of the trailer? I feel like everyone in this game has one.

They're called rage drives, and there are a few classes. Lee's version is a second screw attack, just like Lili and Shaheen. There are others like Re-wallsplatting moves, ground spiking moves that give the "TTT1 my-back" animation, and strings that lead into a free mixup. Akuma is the only one without a Rage Drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmMZ-4ezZvY

Top Bottom