• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 Opening Movie Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Eddy Gordo is joining Tekken 8 this Spring as its first DLC fighter, which seemingly confirms a recent leak.

Eddy Gordo has been confirmed as Tekken 8's first DLC fighter, which seemingly confirms a recent leak that revealed every fighter that's coming as part of the first Season Pass.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Meh, that looks like it should have been done in-engine or something, it's not exactly impressive for CG FMV. Seems like that Eddy hair style's a bit too popular for black characters nowadays, from Killmonger to game Miles to this, any particular reason? Just looks like, dreads/braids, but emo, to me.

Last edited:
Here's two quick gifs I've made from the opening movie:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Happy about Eddy (if he has a classic costume and classic dreads) but they are really stretching the DLC timeline. I really hate FGs releasing one character seasonally.

Also, intro was worse than Tekken 6 vanilla. Worst thing is Law fighting Paul while everyone else fights Jack units. It would be better if they put the Tekken 8 reveal trailer in there like the demo.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Turns out Heihachi was keeping all this shit together lol

Its essentially a repeat of Tekken 2. Heihachi was a saint compared to how Kazuya ran the company. But even volcanos just can't kill those guys. I guess Hei will come back at some point as well, perhaps also restructured. Maybe young Hei as per TTT2?

ReyBrujo

SF6, GTA6, Tekken 8, the models still look plastic personally. Companies still too afraid of falling into the uncanny valley?

Barakov

Gold Member
12 more days. It's still a bit of head scratcher that Eddy wasn't in launch roster but at least he's coming in the spring.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
12 more days. It's still a bit of head scratcher that Eddy wasn't in launch roster but at least he's coming in the spring.
Probably because they know people will spend money on the character.

FeralEcho

Intro is fine but I much prefer the T5/T6 intros.

One major thing bugs me,and even in this intro it felt out of place...Azucena,while cool mechanically is the most retarded part of this game I swear.Coffee power,I love coffee so here's my coffee suit with coffee logos and I also carry a coffee cup with me in case you didn't know i like coffee while spouting coffee nonsense every 5 seconds.Coffee.I'm surprised she's not dressed in a coffee bean suit with how extreme this shit is.Whoever the hell created this "character" has issues.She has no personality outside of coffee girl.

Griffon

I can appreciate the similar style to the T5 intro. Much better than the dogshit T6 and T7 intros.

Still doesn't hold a candle to the T1/2/3 ones.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

One major thing bugs me,and even in this intro it felt out of place...Azucena,while cool mechanically is the most retarded part of this game I swear.Coffee power,I love coffee so here's my coffee suit with coffee logos and I also carry a coffee cup with me in case you didn't know i like coffee while spouting coffee nonsense every 5 seconds.Coffee.I'm surprised she's not dressed in a coffee bean suit with how extreme this shit is.Whoever the hell created this "character" has issues.She has no personality outside of coffee girl.

Yeah true. It was the same with Josie, which was my vanilla T7 main because lack of kickboxers at first. Her personality was completely throwaway.

Azucena though seems to be a cross between Josie and Katarina. But is kind of the same flat and stupid personality.

Klosshufvud

Recent Tekken has been like that. Characters have ONE gimmick that are then repeated to an obnoxious effect. Look what they did to Asuka compared to her T5 origins.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Tekken Intros ranked (in my opinion)

Best
Tag 1
Tag 2
Worst

Overall I think T8 has a fun, cool intro! But its far from the series’ best.

Griffon

Tekken 1 intro was shit, don't give me that revisionist crap, that's why Tekken 2's was such a punch in the face because of how much better it was.
In 1995, T1 intro was the bomb. Going from the SNES to the PSX and launching Tekken for the first time absolutely blew my fucking mind. I've never been so hype seeing someone shut-off a candle.

And yeah, of course, Tekken 2 was awesome too and objectively better in every metrics, the music, the shots, the models, it was perfect, and the story continuity with Heihachi rising from the ravine was mind blowing too.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Sigh, my favorite character is the 1st DLC character.
I guess I'm refunding the standard edition and buying the deluxe edition...

I'm so hyped for this game man!!! I'm counting down to the release of this game just like I was counting down to Christmas when I was a kid.
Same here. I don’t normally care about games at release, but this is taking forrreverrrr to launch. I played the demo again today, I am so desperate. I think the last game that made me feel this was was Monster Hunter World.

>1v1 Fighting game.

>Opening depicts a freaking war scene.

What?
A war where people kick each other instead of using weapons.

Tekken 1 intro was shit, don't give me that revisionist crap, that's why Tekken 2's was such a punch in the face because of how much better it was.
I bought a PS1 near launch day and the intro back then was stunning. Tekken 2 is clearly the best, but the first one was good enough to always let it play when you start the game.

Sigh, my favorite character is the 1st DLC character.
I guess I'm refunding the standard edition and buying the deluxe edition...
I wonder why there is no physical deluxe edition. :messenger_neutral:

Top Bottom