• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 8 - Zafina Reveal & Gameplay Trailer

Your fate is already decided.
Zafina the Mystic Stargazer unleashes her power in #TEKKEN8!

Bandai Namco have also uploaded the Opening Movie and DLC Announcement a short while ago:
Take a stand against your fate.
Watch the #TEKKEN8 Opening Movie đź‘Š
AND
"Keep a passionate heart and a cool head."
Let's do some legwork - Eddy Gordo is the first Season 1 playable character in #TEKKEN8!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

She remind me of a classic shonen Jump comedy/horror manga. Jigoku Sensei Nūbē.
It certainly keeps the demon relevant and is a good way to make her more interesting to play.

Majukun

tried the demo..is the cpu in tekken games supposed to be extremely easy? or maybe they toned it down for the demo?

killatopak

tried the demo..is the cpu in tekken games supposed to be extremely easy? or maybe they toned it down for the demo?
There’s this mode iirc where the cpu starts like shit and then emulates your tendencies essentially being on par with you. I dunno if it’s like that on arcade mode though and across all characters. I think it only works if the ai is using the same character as you.

The demo has super ghost mode. You can try some good AI ghosts there. You need to finish the arcade mode to unlock it.
The Shaheen, Panda AI ghost could be really hard for casual.
It could even win again hardcore player if you don't pay attention .

Or you can play against your own ghost which is super fun.

Last edited:
She remind me of a classic shonen Jump comedy/horror manga. Jigoku Sensei Nūbē.
It certainly keeps the demon relevant and is a good way to make her more interesting to play.
Not for me. Zafina was my most played female character in Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2, but after Bamco merged her with the worst boss in Tekken history I am not playing her at all. Dumbest shit ever merging an acrobatic playstyle with Juggernaut bullshit. Waste of a character slot. More forgivable than inbred China bear, but still overwhelmingly disappointing.

Reactions: Isa

Davesky

When I first tried the demo straight on the hardest difficulty it seemed too easy, however recently been playing it again and seems to have become much more difficult.

Last edited:

Pejo

I liked her Tekken 7 design, too.
Oh yea I just mean out of the Tekken 8 stuff, I still can't get over how they ruined Paul. Not a fan of Nina's look either. I think she'll be better if they do a jacket-less version.

//DEVIL//

Nothing I hate more than announcing dlc and the game is not out. It means to me that the character is done and they are being greedy .

The number of characters available day 1 is good enough for full game.. just ... Fucking wait a month to announce the friggin 1st season.

Also, I used to be in love with Zafina original design from ( Tekken 6 was it ?).. this one ? Eh not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Pejo

Unsure. I assume unlockable because Reina has a unlockable outfit that's just her default but with jacket and leggings removed.
If they have these types of costume alts for all of the characters, I am so excited. I thought that a lot of the designs had unnecessary jackets, gloves, sweaters etc.

It's all mostly irrelevant to me anyways since I've been playing Yoshimitsu since Tekken 1, but I love variety. I like his Tekken 8 version, but I don't think any Yoshi design will beat squid skull alien from 7 for me personally. It was perfect.

If they have these types of costume alts for all of the characters, I am so excited. I thought that a lot of the designs had unnecessary jackets, gloves, sweaters etc.

It's all mostly irrelevant to me anyways since I've been playing Yoshimitsu since Tekken 1, but I love variety. I like his Tekken 8 version, but I don't think any Yoshi design will beat squid skull alien from 7 for me personally. It was perfect.
i9SgGU5.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom