• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 8 — Eddy Gordo Reveal & Gameplay Trailer

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Infinity War Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

ReBurn

Gold Member
One thing that really bothers me about this game is how all of the characters speak different languages and yet somehow all understand each other. But in a world where people become literal devils I guess it makes sense.

Cringe Reaction GIF

Love Eddie but the audio isn't matching the video. The voice actor is terrible and for those that know Tekken know what I'm talking about.
Yeah the voice acting is terrible. It may as well be a new character when you add the stupid haircut and dumb effects for heat mode and super. I think I will wait for this character or a DLC bundle with this character to be discounted. Huge disappointment. I don't know who the hell that is but this is the Eddy I was expecting:
eddy-t6-hd2.jpg

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
One thing that really bothers me about this game is how all of the characters speak different languages and yet somehow all understand each other. But in a world where people become literal devils I guess it makes sense.
I like to think they all just talk at each other and no one understands a thing, but everyone is so self-righteous that they think they're saying something so profound with so much gusto that people do understand them.

YCoCg

I like to think they all just talk at each other and no one understands a thing, but everyone is so self-righteous that they think they're saying something so profound with so much gusto that people do understand them.
I'd say knowing languages is the lower bar considering these people can also understand bears, kangaroos, growls and ancient Aztec roars from the gods.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The saga before was more mature and with realistic touches like in Tekken 4, but now it is a clownish saga.

A vampire who falls asleep or a bear who is in love with a panda.

Or the worst, a beautiful woman who likes to suffer or have family violence because of a jerk. That's tekken now.

Where is Lei?
In my mind and my canon... he is the best match for Jun.

Last edited:

SaintALia

Ah yes, the button mashing master is back.

That voice doesn't seem to match the character though, but at least it's Br. Port., so that's something I guess.

It feels like you're the only one who actually looked. Everyone else here chose to complain about his default look instead.
Oh I looked, but the leopard coat and chain are tacky as hell. Even if the hair can be used in customization, there are no Eddy themed costumes. Worst of all they are going to make that assinine default part of the background for the main menu of the game.

The Wire Bullshit GIF by Giphy QA

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was going to complain about the eyebrow piercing but looking at the pictures and videos in this thread he's always had it. Weird how I never noticed before. Anyway, good to see him back in the game and I want Christie added too!

Top Bottom