• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

El Topo

I said I wouldn't vote for Blarg and so I won't. If I had to choose between WAMD and Blarg, I would (right now) choose WAMD, but I don't want to give anyone a chance to cause a tie.

VOTE: melonrabbit

"Dusk Solder" and "Dusk Soldier" should be two votes on him.

Ehm, wtf. "Wriggle out"? Why would I need to wriggle out of lynching someone who has contradicted themselves numerous times and possibly revealed info they weren't supposed to have?

No, if Dragonz is town she has noone to blame but herself, you won't hear an apology out of me, that's ridiculous.

I'll put it another way. What do we learn from a WAMD flip? If she's town she just made an honest mistake. If she's scum she probably just indicted half her team along with the other contestants. Any discussion related to her has revolved mostly around her slip-up.

We would learn more from a Blarg flip, though I think he's town too.

Kawl_USC

I'll put it another way. What do we learn from a WAMD flip? If she's town she just made an honest mistake. If she's scum she probably just indicted half her team along with the other contestants. Any discussion related to her has revolved mostly around her slip-up.

I don't follow your logic here. If she is scum that's a huge boon for town.

*Splinter

I'm not lynching for info, I'm lynching because I think I've found scum?

I'm still amazed she has avoided so many votes. Even if noone cares for her initial mistake, her explanations have been inconsistent and then outright contradictory?

I'm still ok with a Blarg lynch too... Only worry there is how he's picked up votes so much easier than WAMD

Sophia

LEFT!

RIGHT!

LEFT!

NO, RIGHT!

RIGHT!

GODDAMNIT LEFT!

NO, RIGHT!!! WITH ALL OF MY HEART~!!!!

Shouted the contestants, as while they may have been playing Cliffhangers on stage, the contestants decided to have their own game. The wild game of Plinko went on and on, because the hastily and poorly made board kept tossing out the equally-as-poor chip. Before long, however, the chip finally made its way down the board, and landed on a name.

Blargonaut.

A moment of silence occurred, before cabot in the back started wildly waving his hands in the air. Within no time, the brawny CBS security guard came over. With two equally as large subordinates behind him.

"So you've figured out who done it, huh?" he said, looking down.

Instantly, several hands in the room lifted up in the air and pointed at the Blarg.

"I didn't do nothing. I didn't win that Xbox!!! " cried Blargonaut, as the three security guards lifted him up and begin to carry him out of the studio.

"IT WASN'T ME I TELL YOU!!!! IT WASN'T ME!!!!" his cries continues down the aisle, even drawing the attention of Drew Carey on stage, who motioned to the camera folks to stop rolling the footage.

"YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE GONE RIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!"

Before long, Blargonaut's cries could no longer be heard, and he was out of view.

Turning back, people noticed that there was an empty bag in his seat...

Blargonaut, the ordinary Townie, has been removed from the building.

Here it comes!!!!

From the Bob Barker Studio at CBS in Hollywood, it's The Price is Right Mafia~!

Blargonaut come on down!!!

You are an ordinary contestant on The Price Is Right.

This means you are aligned with the Town.

You may vote during the day phase on who should be removed by the Security Guards from the building.

Be on the lookout for items won that could grant you a special power!

You win when anyone else who might disrupt the show has been removed from the building.

And now, here's your host: DREW CAAAAAREEY~!!!!

Blargonaut had no items in his possession.

Drew Carey looks up nervously, but his expressions change as soon as the footage starts rolling again.

"Alright George, tell us what prize you have for us next?"

"You got it! Next up, it's a brand new computer!

This Dell laptop includes a 15.6 inch high definition screen, with the latest Intel quad-core processor and an ultra fast 256GB solid state hard drive!

A year of wifi service included!"

Please check your PMs to see if you've been selected.

Night 1's Bidding Phase ends in

red_1471381200.png

Night 1 ends in:

gre_1471467600.png

Sophia

Final vote count for Day 1:

oceanicair (0)
dusk soldier 53 (333)

cornbro (0)
*splinter 56 (153)

stanleypalmtree (0)
sawneeks 64 (307)

wherearemahdragonz (4)
*splinter 153 (350)
blargonaut 365
kyanrute 423 (534)
melonrabbit 523
*splinter 544
nin1000 555

karkador (0)
blargonaut 206 (208)

magnumboy20xx (1)
blargonaut 215 (231)
karkador 222

blargonaut (6)
sawneeks 307
dusk soldier 333
wherearemahdragonz 336
*splinter 350 (501)
kawl_usc 454
starsketch 524
kalor 530

dusk solder (1)
magnumboy20xx 327 (331)
magnumboy20xx 331

*splinter (2)
kyanrute 370 (423)
melonrabbit 383 (413)
kyanrute 534
lone_prodigy 543

wherearemahdargaonz (0)
*splinter 501 (544)

starsketch (1)
oceanicair 529

dusk soldier (1)
ynnek7 531

melonrabbit (1)
el topo 551

Sophia

"Actual retail price is... $1199!"

Thus the flurries of cheering and shouting commenced, as it's owner walked away with a shiny new laptop. Amidst the cheering, however, yet another handful of boos went out. Worse, out of nowhere a tomato landed upon the stage, just barely missing Drew Carey by only an inch. Almost as if expecting this kind of reception, he didn't even jump and kept his usual smile, while motioning with his hand to the crew to stop rolling the tape again.

Quickly, the CBS Security team rushed down to quiet everyone. But when they got down there, to their surprise, they found that one of the contestant seats was now empty.

"Where did he go?" perked up the male security guard, as he pointed to the empty seat with only a nametag left in it.

Contestants looked at the seat the guard was pointing to, only to quickly turn and give each other looks. Cabot hoped up from the back seat with a confused look, flask still at his hip and everything.

"Well that's odd. The fella was here just a minute ago..." he chirped, before leaning down to the seat. Reading the name tag, he shouted to the audience behind him. "Hey, anyone seen that Kawl person?"

But they didn't have the slightest clue.

Nobody knew what happened to Kawl_USC.

He just... vanished.

Leaning down from the stage, Drew glanced down, before making an executive decision.

"Guess we don't have a choice. Show's gotta go on, with or without him..."

Kawl_USC, the ordinary Townie, has been mysteriously removed from the building.

Here it comes!!!!

From the Bob Barker Studio at CBS in Hollywood, it's The Price is Right Mafia~!

Kawl_USC come on down!!!

You are an ordinary contestant on The Price Is Right.

This means you are aligned with the Town.

You may vote during the day phase on who should be removed by the Security Guards from the building.

Be on the lookout for items won that could grant you a special power!

You win when anyone else who might disrupt the show has been removed from the building.

And now, here's your host: DREW CAAAAAREEY~!!!!

Kawl_USC had no items in his possession.

Day 2 begins

Majority is 10

blu_1471726800.png

Kawl wasn't too active last day. Fairly decent target for scum.

I'm undecided on whether to do the whole item/contestant song and dance again today.

Oh right I forgot that Kawl was an alleged contestant. It could be scum trying to figure out what the item does.

In this case I think no one should reveal whether they were a bidder or whether they have an item.

Kalor

Oh right I forgot that Kawl was an alleged contestant. It could be scum trying to figure out what the item does.

In this case I think no one should reveal whether they were a bidder or whether they have an item.

The fact that we had no clear winner yesterday probably got them to try going through the group. The uncertainty over Kawl being a contestant must of brought attention to him.

First thing important to say is that if you were one of the bidders during the night phase, DO NOT COME FORWARD.

I can now confirm that items we’re bidding on give role powers. If scum knows who has been bidding during the night phase it will give them an easier time figuring out who to target at night.

So again DO NOT COME FORWARD and reveal that you bid.

The bidding process:

At night time you are given a generic description of the prize. You are NOT told what role it is linked to, or who you’re bidding against, or what any of the competing bids are.

If you win the prize, THEN it is explained to you what role power you obtained. I do not know what kind of message you get when you lose.

On Night 0. I won the Xbox with a bid of $402. I’m not going to reveal exactly what role I got out of it, but the fact that it came with 2 controllers, 2 headsets, and an Xbox Live membership were all hints to what it can do.

I will admit however that I used the Xbox last night. The player(s) affected can choose to come forward and confirm this if he or she wishes, but I won’t out him or her.

More Speculation:

It’s possible that no one in the game were given power roles to start. (Except for maybe one or two neutrals)

If that’s true, then it’s probably also true that prizes get more and more powerful as the game drags on.

*Splinter

Well, no point beating about the bush

VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

Multiple mistakes (honest or otherwise), followed by outright contradictions and somehow not picking up votes or even much suspicion.

---

Kawl's death isn't too surprising. Quiet most of yesterday and he was coy about whether he bid or not. Little surprised there was no protection on him tbh

As LP said, I think we're better off hiding the bidders, or at least hiding the bid amounts.

Splinter, is there anybody else that you possibly think could be scum besides Dragonz? Because this tunneling will be awfully tiresome for another 3 days. Also, what are your thoughts on Blarg's flip and his voters?

El Topo

Dusk Soldier is telling us things each and everyone one of us could have come up with, based on the information we have. It's nothing. Not only that, but his statement that we could maybe guess it from the flavor text sort of contradicts what Sophia wrote earlier (at least regarding her Day 1 post).

I'm not going to speculate on the items and bidding process. I don't see it really benefiting town: either you're chosen and get to bid, or you're not.

Looking at votes from yesterday:

wherearemahdragonz (4)
blargonaut 365
melonrabbit 523
*splinter 544
nin1000 555

blargonaut (6)
sawneeks 307
dusk soldier 333
wherearemahdragonz 336
kawl_usc 454
starsketch 524
kalor 530

Blarg has 6 votes before 2 more late votes narrow the gap to 6-4.

We can exclude Kawl and Blarg's votes. Dusk, if his Xbox claim is true, voted for someone who lied about the item: reasonable.

That leaves Sawneeks, WAMD, Star, and Kalor as players who voted for Blarg. Splinter is also on this list but he switched to WAMD. I think we can reasonably expect to find one scum on this list.

*Splinter

Splinter, is there anybody else that you possibly think could be scum besides Dragonz? Because this tunneling will be awfully tiresome for another 3 days. Also, what are your thoughts on Blarg's flip and his voters?
Of course

Nin's late vote stands out like a sore thumb (particularly under the assumption that WAMD is scum), he was hardly around yesterday and I'll be taking a closer look at him today.

CM also had some late-ish posts that felt a bit... pointless? I don't remember, but I know there was something I want to go back to today.

Oh, and if WAMD somehow flips town, LP is 74917493728% scum. Otherwise he's only like... 60%. Not planning on wasting time on him today but I'll make sure to get my theory down when I find the relevant posts again. Just in case.

*Splinter

I'm not going to speculate on the items and bidding process. I don't see it really benefiting town: either you're chosen and get to bid, or you're not.

We can exclude Kawl and Blarg's votes. Dusk, if his Xbox claim is true, voted for someone who lied about the item: reasonable.

That leaves Sawneeks, WAMD, Star, and Kalor as players who voted for Blarg. Splinter is also on this list but he switched to WAMD. I think we can reasonably expect to find one scum on this list.
*1 late vote. My (broken) vote was on WAMD since 501, at which point I think the vote was 4-3 Blarg

From there we had simultaneous opposing votes from melon (4-4) and Sketch (5-4) followed by Kalor voting Blarg (6-4) and Kyan moving his vote off melon (6-3).

And finally at xx:59 we have nin voting for his teammate (presumably).

Both CM and Corn did not vote yesterday after dropping additional shade on Blarg.

Also El Topo randomly called me out when Dragonz started getting heat, never justified it even after probing for details. He later voted for me stating he'd switch to prevent a tie - which there was little dangerous of at that time.

Three of them are looking very scummy to me.

vote: El Topo

First thing important to say is that if you were one of the bidders during the night phase, DO NOT COME FORWARD.

I can now confirm that items we’re bidding on give role powers. If scum knows who has been bidding during the night phase it will give them an easier time figuring out who to target at night.

The bidding process:

At night time you are given a generic description of the prize. You are NOT told what role it is linked to, or who you’re bidding against, or what any of the competing bids are.

If you win the prize, THEN it is explained to you what role power you obtained. I do not know what kind of message you get when you lose.

On Night 0. I won the Xbox with a bid of $402. I’m not going to reveal exactly what role I got out of it, but the fact that it came with 2 controllers, 2 headsets, and an Xbox Live membership were all hints to what it can do.

I will admit however that I used the Xbox last night. The player(s) affected can choose to come forward and confirm this if he or she wishes, but I won’t out him or her.

More Speculation:

It’s possible that no one in the game were given power roles to start. (Except for maybe one or two neutrals)

If that’s true, then it’s probably also true that prizes get more and more powerful as the game drags on.

I agree with you. I don't think there are any actual power roles and we are all ordinary town or scum, and receive prizes that contain powers.

I said it before but I am ordinary town. I did not bid last night or the night before and do not have any prizes.

Sawneeks

Banned
It's as they say Kawl; garbage in, garbage out.

RIP.

I agree and I wanted to start off with the last two players on that list, Star and Kalor.

Star's vote is here:

Alright, I back read and we're split between Dragons and Blarg right now?

I pick....

Vote: Blargonaut

Still totally open to Dragons getting voted on, of course.

While Kalor's is here:

I'm split on who to vote for. Blarg will continue to be a topic of discussion as the game goes on and potentially distract from other players. While Dragonz has made their "slip" I don't know if it necessarily proves they are scum.

Vote: Blargonaut

Though Karkador might override and make the outcome of the vote worthless if he's telling the truth.

Personally I think their both incredibly bandwagon-y votes that come in towards the end of the Day phase. I highly doubt they are both Scum and made the same exact move but I wouldn't be surprised to find out one of them is Scum to get a vote in.

Star and Kalor could both of you explain your votes a little more? Neither of you really explained why you found Blarg ( and Dragonz for that matter ) Scummy and why you picked one over the other.

Both CM and Corn did not vote yesterday after dropping additional shade on Blarg.

Also El Topo randomly called me out when Dragonz started getting heat, never justified it even after probing for details. He later voted for me stating he'd switch to prevent a tie - which there was little dangerous of at that time.

Three of them are looking very scummy to me.

vote: El Topo

I was actually going to ask Topo the same thing because I honestly agree with him. Something about you is setting my Scum radar off and I don't know why yet, although Topo never clarifying anything isn't great either.

Also if you're going to call out people without a vote don't forget your buddy Stanley. Or was that slip intentional? :p

Also just in case anyone cares, I will be looking at El Topo and Melonrabbit today. Will post reads / thoughts at some point; can't do it now cause I'm on my phone and that would be a bitch to type out.

I'm not sure how I feel about Dusk revealing that he won the Xbox. It would've been relatively easy to follow the scum kills if they were looking for the item, and if CM and Corn continued to live then they would've gotten more and more suspicious. It seems to me like Dusk is drawing attention and heat away from Corn and CM, or baiting a counterclaim.

Of course

Nin's late vote stands out like a sore thumb (particularly under the assumption that WAMD is scum), he was hardly around yesterday and I'll be taking a closer look at him today.

CM also had some late-ish posts that felt a bit... pointless? I don't remember, but I know there was something I want to go back to today.

Oh, and if WAMD somehow flips town, LP is 74917493728% scum. Otherwise he's only like... 60%. Not planning on wasting time on him today but I'll make sure to get my theory down when I find the relevant posts again. Just in case.

Uh, I'm scum if WAMD flips town?

I was actually going to ask Topo the same thing because I honestly agree with him. Something about you is setting my Scum radar off and I don't know why yet, although Topo never clarifying anything isn't great either.

Also if you're going to call out people without a vote don't forget your buddy Stanley. Or was that slip intentional? :p

Any reason why are you going to be as vague as El Topo?

We can add Stanley to the list, yes.

Sawneeks

Banned
Also just in case anyone cares, I will be looking at El Topo and Melonrabbit today. Will post reads / thoughts at some point; can't do it now cause I'm on my phone and that would be a bitch to type out.

When you have time can I also get your thoughts on Splinter and Kyan as well?

I'm not sure how I feel about Dusk revealing that he won the Xbox. It would've been relatively easy to follow the scum kills if they were looking for the item, and if CM and Corn continued to live then they would've gotten more and more suspicious. It seems to me like Dusk is drawing attention and heat away from Corn and CM, or baiting a counterclaim.

True, but I'm having trouble seeing a Scum gambit play out where Scum!Dusk gets more heat on himself by bringing up the Xbox topic again. He could have easily stayed low and gone by quietly but instead he drew attention to it again. An attempt at bringing out a counterclaim is possible but I don't know if anyone would actually fall for it.

I still don't trust Dusk but I'm having trouble seeing where this move benefits Scum at all.

Uh, I'm scum if WAMD flips town?

I think I know which quote Splinter is talking about but i also want to know where his thought process is going with it.

Kalor

... Star and Kalor could both of you explain your votes a little more? Neither of you really explained why you found Blarg ( and Dragonz for that matter ) Scummy and why you picked one over the other.

I picked Blarg because I couldn't figure out what his motive would be for lying about having the Xbox. It created discussion but it distracted town and resulted in the prize stuff being talked about more than it needed to. Then there was the part where he talked about confirming that flavor was flavor which just felt off to me. With how much he brought it up it feels like he was making it seem more important than it actually was. These points made Blarg stand out as more suspicious so I voted for him over Dragonz. The only thing that Dragonz did that was scummy was their slip and subsequent defense but I didn't think it was enough damning enough to lynch them.

Sawneeks

Banned
Any reason why are you going to be as vague as El Topo?

We can add Stanley to the list, yes.

I'll leave being vague to Topopo.

It was mostly this post here:

(Back to work and mobile)

The longer this goes on the more consistent Blarg is too me as a town read. The strategy he employed might have a dishonest one but I think there is some merit to it. Town sometimes had to lie for the longer-term benefit of the town. Over this discussion has given me a few reads.

Kark is so far leaning town to me.

I also think CM and Cornbro's drive-by comments on bidding last night without any sufficient follow up or mention was a little strange.

LP was inactive but his latest posts have been pretty solid and reads town.

Star has been coasting a lot and has so far been hesitate to give a real opinion on anyone.

Dusk's overall behavior has been rather scummy.

Splinter, I'm a lot less sure of you than when the day started.

Vote: *Splinter

Namely because you give your 'thoughts' on people who I think are Scummy but those opinions aren't anything concrete at all.

Your read on Star is like a negative read. You just give a flat 'this is what she is doing' and move on without giving a real opinion on her, where as Dusk, LP, and Kark you stated your opinion on quite clearly.

I've seen a lot of Scum read lists before and this one screams it to me. You had to give your read on a Scum buddy but didn't want it to trace back to her in case you ( or her ) flip so you give a null read that can be interpreted multiple different ways.

By the way, speaking of null actions, you said you voted on Splinter to see people's reactions to your vote. I'm curious to know what you found from that because I don't think you ever really brought it up again.

True, but I'm having trouble seeing a Scum gambit play out where Scum!Dusk gets more heat on himself by bringing up the Xbox topic again. He could have easily stayed low and gone by quietly but instead he drew attention to it again. An attempt at bringing out a counterclaim is possible but I don't know if anyone would actually fall for it.

I still don't trust Dusk but I'm having trouble seeing where this move benefits Scum at all.

Yeah scum Dusk doesn't make this play, but it's not the optimal town play IMO. Corn and CM, regardless of alignment, will be ignored at night (assuming bidders aren't chosen twice).

I'll leave being vague to Topopo.

It was mostly this post here:

Namely because you give your 'thoughts' on people who I think are Scummy but those opinions aren't anything concrete at all.

Your read on Star is like a negative read. You just give a flat 'this is what she is doing' and move on without giving a real opinion on her, where as Dusk, LP, and Kark you stated your opinion on quite clearly.

I've seen a lot of Scum read lists before and this one screams it to me. You had to give your read on a Scum buddy but didn't want it to trace back to her in case you ( or her ) flip so you give a null read that can be interpreted multiple different ways.

By the way, speaking of null actions, you said you voted on Splinter to see people's reactions to your vote. I'm curious to know what you found from that because I don't think you ever really brought it up again.

That was all Star was doing at the time. Her "bandwagoning vote" came later that day. Right now, I do not think Star is scum though. So, if you wanted a stronger opinion on her that's it.

If you want to discuss what I've learn from the Splinter vote, we can. But Splinter's reaction to my vote left me with a town read. He wasn't hyper defensive and asked the right questions, came across as his town self. Dragonz also started to go after Splinter around this time as well. Definitely shaped my opinion on Dragonz and leaning scum there.

Can I ask what your thoughts are on CM and Corn though? I take it you think Stanley is a possible candidate too. Thoughts are these three?

Karkador

Banned
Kawl dying without an item suggests the prizes don't kill you. So I'll put that aside for now.

So, that means that mafia should be able to get prizes.

Why would scum Dusk claim the Xbox on Day 2? Well, he's brought it back up with a new piece of info. The Xbox is an item he supposedly used on somebody, and this person can confirm that, and his claim.

"But don't out yourself", he says. Well, that's the ploy- the silence will vouch for Dusk, even if this person doesn't exist.

*Splinter

Alright before I forget here are the posts that worried me from LP.

WAMD I think made an honest mistake.

Blarg defended himself pretty well, and even though I don't agree with his methods he is sticking by his guns.

I don't have a good feeling about Dusk. A little too much metagaming, I think.

Splinter has been his usual aggressive self but has picked the WAMD hill to die on. But since it's D1 I expect him to wriggle out of it if WAMD flips town.

VOTE: *Splinter
The bolded sentence especially. This looks to me like someone trying to set up a chain lynch. If WAMD did flip town then LP has already laid the groundwork to come after me the next day. Given the evidence against WAMD I don't understand wanting to lynch her accuser - even if you yourself disagree with the accusations.

And as for disagreeing, LP makes no justification for giving WAMD the benefit of the doubt, just a flat "WAMD I think made an honest mistake". Why? I acknowledge the possibility that it could be honest. But why is this the assumption? Why does it remain the assumption when it's followed by a second mistake? And again when that's followed by an explanation that attempts to marry the 2 mistakes, but fails to actually make any sense?

My guess (and again this all supposes WAMD flips town) is that LP knows for a fact that she's town and intends to be on the right side of history when she is lynched. You can see a similar thing in Blarg's lynch, LP seems confident of Blarg's towniness without much justification.

Going back to the above post, I did call LP out on this yesterday, and his response was also weird.

He suddenly moves the goalposts to this being an information lynch?? And again, just thinks Blarg is town.

This post turned out longer than I was expecting, so I just want to emphasise that I only believe this if WAMD flips town (and I don't believe that will happen). It's really that initial chain-lynch thought that set this whole theory off.

Well I had a fun real life vacation. Now I am back and ready to play.

Kawl dying means that scum targeted an alleged contestant. They are hunting for people that may have gotten the item, which means they themselves did not get it. So either they did not win the bid, or were not in the pool of contestants.

The people who claimed as contestants yesterday were: Blarg, CornB, Christina, Kawl. And that's it as far as I am aware.

Blarg was lynched, Kawl night killed.

Christina intelligently did not mention her bid. I strongly suggest you don't Christina, and I strongly suggest that other contestants (if there were any more) do NOT come forward. Scums efforts to hunt the item bearers must be kept as fruitless as possible.

In my opinion we should look very critically at people who pushed for Blarg's lynch. Scum obviously has given away their strategy of hunting item bearers. It makes sense that they would have gone after Blarg during the day phase.

*Splinter

Yeah scum Dusk doesn't make this play, but it's not the optimal town play IMO. Corn and CM, regardless of alignment, will be ignored at night (assuming bidders aren't chosen twice).
I have a couple of theories about that.

1) Scum Dusk believes Kawl made a bid on N0. Kills Kawl (who left his bid in doubt) so that he can claim the last bid and Xbox. This theory has a couple of holes, the biggest being the likelihood of a counter claim. It's possible that scum Dusk thinks his days are numbered anyway and wants to draw out the Xbox before he goes, but that's not a fantastic trade unless he was unreasonably sure of being lynched soon. I rule out this theory for now.

2) Dusk is telling the truth... But is scum? Is there any reason to think scum can't bid on items? And as "unoptimal" as this would be for town, as scum it makes more sense as it gives us something to believe, especially if (as he claims) there is someone that can corroborate his story to some degree.

Dusk, do you think the person affected would know for certain that you are town, based on whatever you did to them last night? Or would they only be confirming that some action took place?

The bidding process:

More Speculation:

Well fuck me for posting before reading the entirety of the day's posts.

I somewhat disagree with you coming forward, but... it makes sense if your power is what I think it is.

I believe that you have a "1v1 me bro" type power. You can probably challenge one player to a game of Halo or something, kind of like Bullet Time Battle in DanganRonpa mafia.

That's my conclusion as well. I fully believe scum wanted Blarg gone.

Part of me wonders though... Splinter why did you switch to WAMD at the end of it all?

Corn, who would you have voted for yesterday?

This is going to sound bad, but I'm not really sure. I might simply have not voted even if I hadn't been on vacation. Day 1 votes are something I'm never really confident about. I think WAMD was the safer vote though, since Blarg was potentially an item holder.

*Splinter

That's my conclusion as well. I fully believe scum wanted Blarg gone.

Part of me wonders though... Splinter why did you switch to WAMD at the end of it all?
I believed both were scum, but IMO the evidence against WAMD was far more damning. Blarg involved a lot of gut feeling and trying to analyse the intent of things as specific as word choices, whereas WAMD... well I've made that case enough times now.

If I could have voted both I would. Blarg claiming credit for a mod intervention is utter nonsense, even for him.

Sawneeks

Banned
Fake edit: and right before I post this Corn shows up. Welcome back Corn!

That was all Star was doing at the time. Her "bandwagoning vote" came later that day. Right now, I do not think Star is scum though. So, if you wanted a stronger opinion on her that's it.

If you want to discuss what I've learn from the Splinter vote, we can. But Splinter's reaction to my vote left me with a town read. He wasn't hyper defensive and asked the right questions, came across as his town self. Dragonz also started to go after Splinter around this time as well. Definitely shaped my opinion on Dragonz and leaning scum there.

Can I ask what your thoughts are on CM and Corn though? I take it you think Stanley is a possible candidate too. Thoughts are these three?

What makes you feel like Star isn't Scum? She has one of lower post counts in this game but I'm curious to know why she strikes you as 'not scum'.

Seeing as Dragonz wasn't lynched yesterday and she is your top scum read what do you think of those who voted for Blarg instead? Think we have scum there other than Dragonz?

CM: Happy to play with them again, it's been some time since we were last in a game together. However, they haven't contributed much so far other than an early negative read on Blarg followed by a 'I'm not sure what to do' post. A very light Scum read.

CornBro: He said last Day Phase he would be busy and wasn't going to have time to really put time into this game until Wednesday. What posts he has made are very few and don't have anything really substantial in them. I don't currently have a read but I do hope to hear from him soon. [ These were my initial thoughts before he posted but I figured I would keep them here. My initial impression so far is a Town read, mostly because his thoughts feel genuine and he is actually trying to push discussion forward instead of passively commenting. ]

Stanley: He was my opening vote although I will admit that my first vote was random out of the pool of people I hadn't played with before. He reacted normally to the vote itself and gave his thoughts on different events throughout the game, some that I agreed with and others I didn't. The only real negative here is that he never voted last Day Phase despite telling people to vote where they believed Scum were. I feel Town here, but on the chance that I'm wrong I would say look into low post count players for Scum seeing as he actively defended them.

Stanley mostly stood out to me because he never voted, not even once. CM has been on my radar though, as have a couple others.

I picked Blarg because I couldn't figure out what his motive would be for lying about having the Xbox. It created discussion but it distracted town and resulted in the prize stuff being talked about more than it needed to. Then there was the part where he talked about confirming that flavor was flavor which just felt off to me. With how much he brought it up it feels like he was making it seem more important than it actually was. These points made Blarg stand out as more suspicious so I voted for him over Dragonz. The only thing that Dragonz did that was scummy was their slip and subsequent defense but I didn't think it was enough damning enough to lynch them.

Hmmmmmm.

Thank you for the reply Kalor.

It feels really safe to me

and I don't like it

but thank you

Karkador

Banned

This is now the second time I see you sticking up for Dusk

Alright before I forget here are the posts that worried me from LP.

The bolded sentence especially. This looks to me like someone trying to set up a chain lynch. If WAMD did flip town then LP has already laid the groundwork to come after me the next day. Given the evidence against WAMD I don't understand wanting to lynch her accuser - even if you yourself disagree with the accusations.

And as for disagreeing, LP makes no justification for giving WAMD the benefit of the doubt, just a flat "WAMD I think made an honest mistake". Why? I acknowledge the possibility that it could be honest. But why is this the assumption? Why does it remain the assumption when it's followed by a second mistake? And again when that's followed by an explanation that attempts to marry the 2 mistakes, but fails to actually make any sense?

My guess (and again this all supposes WAMD flips town) is that LP knows for a fact that she's town and intends to be on the right side of history when she is lynched. You can see a similar thing in Blarg's lynch, LP seems confident of Blarg's towniness without much justification.

Going back to the above post, I did call LP out on this yesterday, and his response was also weird.

He suddenly moves the goalposts to this being an information lynch?? And again, just thinks Blarg is town.

This post turned out longer than I was expecting, so I just want to emphasise that I only believe this if WAMD flips town (and I don't believe that will happen). It's really that initial chain-lynch thought that set this whole theory off.

We're here to hunt scum, not score brownie points when townies die. I don't care about "I told you so". I'm voting for who I think is scum, and I'm defending who I think is town.

And why do I need to wait for WAMD's flip to come after you? I think you're probably scum and I'll probably vote for you today.

Aren't you doing the same thing, setting up a chain lynch when/if WAMD flips? If she's scum I'm scum, if she's town I'm scum. Way to cover all your bases.

Sorry, Wednesday is my busy day.

Personally I think their both incredibly bandwagon-y votes that come in towards the end of the Day phase. I highly doubt they are both Scum and made the same exact move but I wouldn't be surprised to find out one of them is Scum to get a vote in.

Star and Kalor could both of you explain your votes a little more? Neither of you really explained why you found Blarg ( and Dragonz for that matter ) Scummy and why you picked one over the other.

Right. It was basically a "One is raging harder than the other" view that made me go for Blarg over Dragonz. ...Granted one half of that was Blarg, so I guess I should have expected him to go harder on defending himself.

Also, back off of Melon, because you're chasing a false lead. Being passive is kinda my playstyle at this point, unfortunately.

Onto another topic, what the hell is Dusk doing? Roleclaims (Prizeclaims?) and then says "Don't claim." OK dude.

Alright. So....yeah. I don't know how to start these things, but whatever.

I'm gonna beat that dead horse and repeat that I AM VANILLA TOWN. I HAVE NO PRIZES / ABILITIES. And as wrong as Splinter is about my alignment and is overanaylzing the shit out of the mistake I made, I am inclined to believe that he is town too. Woefully misinformed, but town nonetheless. I think this because he suspects me so highly, and I cannot see a scenario in which scum!Splinter tunnels this hard and draws this much attention to himself. I am sorry for my angry posts I made last day phase, but I can think with a clear head now and unless he does something that makes him obvious scum, I will probably not be voting for him in the immediate future.

I know for a fact I am town. You know who else knows that? People who aren't town. Scum. Bad guys. Bad guys like:

(I'm sure we've all been there and I hope everything improves for you personally.)

As for as the game goes, Splinter does have a play style that gets people talking by putting them on the defensive - I've been up against it a few times. That said, your response could be one to generate sympathy and to effectively move away from the reasons why Splinter is singling you out.

There is still something off about the way you've been deflecting criticism towards you.

and

I said I wouldn't vote for Blarg and so I won't. If I had to choose between WAMD and Blarg, I would (right now) choose WAMD, but I don't want to give anyone a chance to cause a tie.

VOTE: melonrabbit

Now, I know that one post alone does not make a person scum. But I wanted to highlight these posts in particular for a few gut reads:

1) I would agree with El Topo (more on that later) that something about you is rubbing me the wrong way. Your noncommittal attitude to a lot of things, especially your suspicions of me, is not a very town thing to do. I have played scum twice, and I know for a fact that the name of the game is to appear helpful by giving vague responses with little to no evidence to back up your claims. Because let's face it, it's sometimes difficult to pick a target to mislynch when there are so many possibilities. And by being vague, you do not leave concrete evidence for others to trace back to you. The only thing they have is your voting history, which is why I went back and looked, and saw that you voted for me, an easy lynch target at the time. At least Splinter was on my dick from the very beginning, and stayed consistent. As I said before, he's wrong, but he doesn't read scum to me. You do. You've been all over the place with your responses to people, I feel, and it's triggered my radar a lil.

2) What exactly was off about my deflections, or lack thereof? I'm not actually asking because I think it's kind of a moot point, because even if I do get mislynched, at least town will be able to get a good idea of potential scum voting patterns from my flip. But it just feels like you're making shit up in an attempt to appear town, jumping on the bandwagon, and then hiding amongst the rest of us.

3) I may be totally off on this, but I'm fairly confident melonrabbit is scum. El Topo's vote screams "throw suspicion at a fellow teammate", knowing full well that they were safe from the lynch.

Vote: melonrabbitt

When you have time can I also get your thoughts on Splinter and Kyan as well?

I've already mentioned my thoughts on Splinter a little bit above, so I don't know if you want more than that. Let me know if you do.

As for Kyan...I've played scum with him twice, and his current play is almost identical to how he would play scum. Popping in once and a while with a long, insightful post of reads, probing others for responses and questions (he did this to me a few pages back), and then disappearing, only to reappear when a new topic arises. I can't tell if this is just his playstyle and I'm biased based on my time with him, or that he's playing scum once again.

Also, back off of Melon, because you're chasing a false lead. Being passive is kinda my playstyle at this point, unfortunately.

I'm... confused.

Back off of melon, because it is a false lead? You know this... how? And how is that related to you being a passive player?

Actually I retract my question.

Or I don't think you should explicitly answer it Star.

If you're scum... I don't think you'd be frazzled enough to so overtly defend a teammate this early on in the day phase.

If you're town and I'm right, well I wish you'd been more subtle.

Dusk, do you think the person affected would know for certain that you are town, based on whatever you did to them last night? Or would they only be confirming that some action took place?

The target of the Xbox will have woken up D2 with an ability they didn't have before. They should have no way of even knowing that I targeted them.

Well fuck me for posting before reading the entirety of the day's posts.

I somewhat disagree with you coming forward, but... it makes sense if your power is what I think it is.

I believe that you have a "1v1 me bro" type power. You can probably challenge one player to a game of Halo or something, kind of like Bullet Time Battle in DanganRonpa mafia.

no comment.

Top Bottom