• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

Stanley: He was my opening vote although I will admit that my first vote was random out of the pool of people I hadn't played with before. He reacted normally to the vote itself and gave his thoughts on different events throughout the game, some that I agreed with and others I didn't. The only real negative here is that he never voted last Day Phase despite telling people to vote where they believed Scum were. I feel Town here, but on the chance that I'm wrong I would say look into low post count players for Scum seeing as he actively defended them.

Stanley mostly stood out to me because he never voted, not even once. CM has been on my radar though, as have a couple others.

what?
i thought i was doing the opposite?
i urged everyone to not just narrow their focus to the more active players (and easy targets) of Day1, and least look at the more inactive players as possible lynch targets.

as for the lack of a vote. well i dont have much of an excuse. i didnt think that either Blarg or WAMD was scum (still dont in WAMDs case), but didnt have an alternative target to go for. in hindsight i really should have tried harder to find someone else, if for no reason than to get someone talking more.

Now, I know that one post alone does not make a person scum. But I wanted to highlight these posts in particular for a few gut reads:

1) I would agree with El Topo (more on that later) that something about you is rubbing me the wrong way. Your noncommittal attitude to a lot of things, especially your suspicions of me, is not a very town thing to do. I have played scum twice, and I know for a fact that the name of the game is to appear helpful by giving vague responses with little to no evidence to back up your claims. Because let's face it, it's sometimes difficult to pick a target to mislynch when there are so many possibilities. And by being vague, you do not leave concrete evidence for others to trace back to you. The only thing they have is your voting history, which is why I went back and looked, and saw that you voted for me, an easy lynch target at the time. At least Splinter was on my dick from the very beginning, and stayed consistent. As I said before, he's wrong, but he doesn't read scum to me. You do. You've been all over the place with your responses to people, I feel, and it's triggered my radar a lil.

2) What exactly was off about my deflections, or lack thereof? I'm not actually asking because I think it's kind of a moot point, because even if I do get mislynched, at least town will be able to get a good idea of potential scum voting patterns from my flip. But it just feels like you're making shit up in an attempt to appear town, jumping on the bandwagon, and then hiding amongst the rest of us.

3) I may be totally off on this, but I'm fairly confident melonrabbit is scum. El Topo's vote screams "throw suspicion at a fellow teammate", knowing full well that they were safe from the lynch.

I said and, stand by my assignment that you were acting strangely yesterday for a self-proclaimed townie. You, yourself admitted that outside circumstances were the cause. I merely speculated that this could be a scum ploy. I've used it as one myself. I've never played with you or seen you play before so your style of play is all new to me. Having said that you came back on the defensive quick, in a way that struck me scummy.

I'm not sure how you can call me noncommittal in the slightest. I've offered up several people I think are scum. You are one of them, yes. But I've also been clear I suspect CM, Corn and Dragonz. I'm not sure why formulating a opinion against you is "not a very town thing to do" this statement makes little sense to me. My claims were that you were acting unusally defensive, which is true. You still are.

I'm not sure where you see me as being vague. I've been very clear. If you would like me to be clearer I can be but YOU need to be specific in what exactly you want me to elaborate on.

Further, where have I been all over the place on my reads on people, specifically?

2. So you basically don't want me to answer this question because you've made up your mind? Um, Okay. I made nothing up against you. As for bandwagoning you might wanted to have waited a page before jumping on what El Topo and Sawneeks already started and appearing aa though you came up with it independently. At least in Sawneeks there was a point to be eqoulent on why they developed their read. Your entire response is summed up by the fact I suspected you. And how that can't be. because your town.

3. You are completely off. That's the only correct thing you've said.

Actually I retract my question.

Or I don't think you should explicitly answer it Star.

If you're scum... I don't think you'd be frazzled enough to so overtly defend a teammate this early on in the day phase.

If you're town and I'm right, well I wish you'd been more subtle.

Uh...ok?

Karkador

Banned
Magnum,

I mean at the end of the day you are your own person, and you don't have to agree with me.

Again I'm not making any wild assumptions.

It doesn't matter whether or not Blarg won the Xbox.

It doesn't matter whether or not we know what exactly the Xbox does.

It doesn't matter whether or not we know who submitted bids last night.

What matters is the fact that Blarg was willing to come forward, unprompted, and claim that he was the Xbox winner.

Why does that matter?

It matters because if at any point in the future, any point at all, a prize winner reveals that their item gave them an ability, a flip will switch in the scum chat, and they will decide that all prize winners have to go.

That may not necessarily happen tonight. Maybe one or two days phases from now. But it just takes one prize winner to reveal that they got an ability, and ALL confirmed prize winners become scum targets. They will not take a chance with this. They would be stupid to.

Usually players that win prizes or roles keep that information secret until they have something useful to tell town. This is because as everybody knows, scum do not want town players with abilities alive in the game. Not only did he tell us he won a prize, but he didn't tell us what the prize did or give any useful information to help town win.

He took what could end up being a very big risk to his personal survival, to not tell town anything useful...

Coming forward that early and claiming he won the Xbox demonstrates that he is NOT scared that he will be targeted by scum, and again there are only two reasons why someone would not be afraid of being night killed.

All of Blarg's actions at this point should be a major red flag to you. I 100% get it. You're scared to mislynch, but this one is a gimme.

vote: Blargonaut

Is this the same Dusk Soldier who just claimed to be the Xbox winner today, complete with a specific-enough description of what the power does?

Also,

This is now the second time I see you sticking up for Dusk

Strike this, I've seen Sawneeks vouch for Dusk Soldier three times in this thread so far.

Sawneeks

Banned
This is now the second time I see you sticking up for Dusk

I'm sorry I don't think Scum!Dusk would pull this kind of gambit? Especially since he would have more to lose by bringing more attention to himself as opposed to keeping quiet?

I don't know what you want here, Kark

Right. It was basically a "One is raging harder than the other" view that made me go for Blarg over Dragonz. ...Granted one half of that was Blarg, so I guess I should have expected him to go harder on defending himself.

Being passive is your playstyle but there is a difference between Scum passive and Town Passive, I'm just trying to determine which one you are right now.

But with Blarg now out-for-the-count, what are your thoughts on Dragonz? Also, Top 3 Scum please.

Also, back off of Melon, because you're chasing a false lead. Being passive is kinda my playstyle at this point, unfortunately.

Hmmmm.

what?
i thought i was doing the opposite?
i urged everyone to not just narrow their focus to the more active players (and easy targets) of Day1, and least look at the more inactive players as possible lynch targets.

as for the lack of a vote. well i dont have much of an excuse. i didnt think that either Blarg or WAMD was scum (still dont in WAMDs case), but didnt have an alternative target to go for. in hindsight i really should have tried harder to find someone else, if for no reason than to get someone talking more.

...er, I didn't incorrectly write down my notes or anything, no sir. >.>;;;

My bad.

Dusk Soldier comes forward and claims he won the Xbox One.

1) He's scum. Trying to draw out the real winner and force a thunderdome situation. Not a valid long term strategy.

2) He's town. Either this is Blarg 2.0 or he truly has the item. He's seems pretty confident about this so I assume he's prepared for whatever happens. Leaning towards this.

I'm surprised that there were 2 other players who did not vote on Day 1. Had I known I would have put a vote on someone.

Actually just as I finished typing this, Karkador makes a very interesting point about Dusk Soldier.

Alright before I forget here are the posts that worried me from LP.

The bolded sentence especially. This looks to me like someone trying to set up a chain lynch. If WAMD did flip town then LP has already laid the groundwork to come after me the next day. Given the evidence against WAMD I don't understand wanting to lynch her accuser - even if you yourself disagree with the accusations.

And as for disagreeing, LP makes no justification for giving WAMD the benefit of the doubt, just a flat "WAMD I think made an honest mistake". Why? I acknowledge the possibility that it could be honest. But why is this the assumption? Why does it remain the assumption when it's followed by a second mistake? And again when that's followed by an explanation that attempts to marry the 2 mistakes, but fails to actually make any sense?

My guess (and again this all supposes WAMD flips town) is that LP knows for a fact that she's town and intends to be on the right side of history when she is lynched. You can see a similar thing in Blarg's lynch, LP seems confident of Blarg's towniness without much justification.

Going back to the above post, I did call LP out on this yesterday, and his response was also weird.

He suddenly moves the goalposts to this being an information lynch?? And again, just thinks Blarg is town.

This post turned out longer than I was expecting, so I just want to emphasise that I only believe this if WAMD flips town (and I don't believe that will happen). It's really that initial chain-lynch thought that set this whole theory off.
Don't understand why you're getting upset about linking lynches since you've been connecting people all game long. Wasn't Blarg supposed to be scum and that's why WAMD was supposed to be too or something?
This is going to sound bad, but I'm not really sure. I might simply have not voted even if I hadn't been on vacation. Day 1 votes are something I'm never really confident about. I think WAMD was the safer vote though, since Blarg was potentially an item holder.
Wait, did you think that Blarg could possibly be scum? Because if he had an item and we lynched with it wouldn't that be a good thing?

Random Thoughts:
Still don't care for a WAMD lynch because I think the mistake really not a big deal.

I'm not really too bothered by the people who voted Blarg atm. It's D1, a mislynch is virtually assured by town even without any mafia interference. I'd be more concerned about Blarg's defenders tbh since "believing" in him not being mafia is guaranteed if you're mafia.

Dusk is neither here or there with his Xbox claim unless his target can corroborate, although I really see no reason to lie at this regardless of whether he is town or mafia. But aside from that it does nothing to assign any alignment.

Gonna look into melonrabbit since that seems to be the hot topic today. But if I'm being honest, I really hadn't put much scrutiny on her before.

I said and, stand by my assignment that you were acting strangely yesterday for a self-proclaimed townie. You, yourself admitted that outside circumstances were the cause. I merely speculated that this could be a scum ploy. I've used it as one myself. I've never played with you or seen you play before so your style of play is all new to me. Having said that you came back on the defensive quick, in a way that struck me scummy.

I'm not sure how you can call me noncommittal in the slightest. I've offered up several people I think are scum. You are one of them, yes. But I've also been clear I suspect CM, Corn and Dragonz. I'm not sure why formulating a opinion against you is "not a very town thing to do" this statement makes little sense to me. My claims were that you were acting unusally defensive, which is true. You still are.

I'm not sure where you see me as being vague. I've been very clear. If you would like me to be clearer I can be but YOU need to be specific in what exactly you want me to elaborate on.

Further, where have I been all over the place on my reads on people, specifically?

2. So you basically don't want me to answer this question because you've made up your mind? Um, Okay. I made nothing up against you. As for bandwagoning you might wanted to have waited a page before jumping on what El Topo and Sawneeks already started and appearing aa though you came up with it independently. At least in Sawneeks there was a point to be eqoulent on why they developed their read. Your entire response is summed up by the fact I suspected you. And how that can't be. because your town.

3. You are completely off. That's the only correct thing you've said.

I'm not saying your arguments against me make you scum, I'm saying that every post you've made up until this one, in my opinion, has been weak and vague in regards to your reads on scum, and it kinda feels like you're just making shit up and going with the flow.

I know I'm town, and scum knows I'm town. When I flip town, scum's gonna want to hide amongst the other voters against me, which is what your vote kinda looks like.

I'm not saying your arguments against me make you scum, I'm saying that every post you've made up until this one, in my opinion, has been weak and vague in regards to your reads on scum, and it kinda feels like you're just making shit up and going with the flow.

I know I'm town, and scum knows I'm town. When I flip town, scum's gonna want to hide amongst the other voters against me, which is what your vote kinda looks like.

Ever post I've made has been weak and vague to you?

You are throwing around phrases like "it kinda feels" and you say I'm vague? You keep saying I'm making shit up but can't back that up. What have I fabricated about you exactly? You admitted your posts yesterday casted you in a certain light. Other people agreed, I was one of them.

If my posts on Star, CM and Corn have been lacking on specifics its because they had little presence until now.

You still haven't answered any of the the points I brought up to you. What reads have I been inconsistent with and where was I "all over the place" with my reads.

Is it possible for you to make a post without claiming your townley-ness?

Ever post I've made has been weak and vague to you?

You are throwing around phrases like "it kinda feels" and you say I'm vague? You keep saying I'm making shit up but can't back that up. What have I fabricated about you exactly? You admitted your posts yesterday casted you in a certain light. Other people agreed, I was one of them.

If my posts on Star, CM and Corn have been lacking on specifics its because they had little presence until now.

You still haven't answered any of the the points I brought up to you. What reads have I been inconsistent with and where was I "all over the place" with my reads.

Is it possible for you to make a post without claiming your townley-ness?

Hold this thought, I'm pooped and gonna go to bed.

As to your last point, no. :)

Really it is phrases like that are really seeming off to me. You bring up your mislynch, how you'll flip clean (and show everyone how town you are), and have defeat imminent aura about you. When Splinter had you on the defensive yesterday you all but gave up and could barely put together a counter beyond it being petty and we'd feel bad when we mislynched you.

I feel like a sincere townie would have more fight in them, would have a lot more to say of substance.

It is possible we misunderstanding each other. But this is specifically where I'm coming from in regards to your alignment as scum.

Karkador

Banned
I'm sorry I don't think Scum!Dusk would pull this kind of gambit? Especially since he would have more to lose by bringing more attention to himself as opposed to keeping quiet?

Keeping quiet in a mafia game doesn't make you safe. Players need to earn their credibility, that's just the nature of the game. With that said, what you're suggesting doesn't really hold up to reason, because Dusk (and every other player) is angling to gain something.

I'll explain it again.

Dusk comes out today with this claim:

The bidding process:

At night time you are given a generic description of the prize. You are NOT told what role it is linked to, or who you’re bidding against, or what any of the competing bids are.

If you win the prize, THEN it is explained to you what role power you obtained. I do not know what kind of message you get when you lose.

On Night 0. I won the Xbox with a bid of $402. I’m not going to reveal exactly what role I got out of it, but the fact that it came with 2 controllers, 2 headsets, and an Xbox Live membership were all hints to what it can do.

I will admit however that I used the Xbox last night. The player(s) affected can choose to come forward and confirm this if he or she wishes, but I won’t out him or her.

He then adjusted position

The target of the Xbox will have woken up D2 with an ability they didn't have before. They should have no way of even knowing that I targeted them.

Why does it make sense for scum to reveal this info? Because it's an attempt to buy a position that can't easily be verified. It's also an attempt to misinform us on what's going on with the mechanics.

We have a supposed confidant of Dusk, the person he apparently 'gave some power to' now, who needs to stay quiet to not get targeted. It's a convenient play where silence confirms the story he's telling. It's a lot like the trick I pulled in Danny Phantom (though I was Town, I could have easily been scum). It buys you a lot of time and credibility.

Furthermore, we have 'information' about the game that we are supposing is true - but it could be false. For example, I find this suspicious about what Dusk said:

At night time you are given a generic description of the prize.

This is what the public thread flavor said just as N0 started:

"This Xbox one video game console comes with a game, two controllers, and two headsets! As well as a year of Xbox Live online! Perfect for you and another family or friend member to enjoy!"

Do you see how Dusk is being misleading? Everything he's saying as part of his roleclaim dump was already actually known, but he's waving a hand in front of us, trying to make it seem like the info was 'generic'. It's the same 2+2=5 nonsense from yesterday, with the "50/50 chance of flipping scum" nonsense.

WHICH BEGS THE QUESTION

Why does his rhetoric from Day 1 not line up with what he's doing Day 2? Why does his claim today go completely against what he was arguing D1 against Blarg?

Town Dusk would primarily want to slam dunk a liar on D1 with conflicting information. This is especially the case if the item does something that is more or less 1-use anyway.

Now, we don't know what the Xbox does, but Dusk already made claims that it's a power from one player to another. Let's not be dullards here; in Mafia terms, that's a Lover, Mason, Gossip, or some such. The benefit is reaped on first-use, which is N1.

So IMO, Town Dusk would at least consider that the productive power of counterclaiming Blarg on the Xbox would give him a lot of credit - possibly a greater net effect than just the confidence gained from one player. As a Town player, you're kind of expendable anyway, especially if you're going down for the greater good.

But Scum Dusk? The motivations are different there, because he knows Blarg was Town. There's more impetus on the subtle play, because going all out for a lynch you know is Town just seems counterintuitive as Scum. Not only that, but you'd want to save the Xbox to try to build confidence with a player, and buy yourself time.

I don't know what you want here, Kark

I expect that Town will have a reasonable amount of suspicion about anybody. Despite that, you have vouched for Dusk (in subtle, deflective ways) three times now.

Here they are:

Everyone has a 50/50 chance to flip Scum. Neutrals muck up that percentage but let's play this on the assumption there are no Neutrals ( seeing as we have no evidence of one atm ). When it comes down to it you're either Scum or you're not, hence '50/50'.

I can't speak for Dusk but I assumed he was only talking about Blarg's alignment. A person's alignment is one of two things: Town or Scum. I'm not saying overall the Roster is split down the middle with 10 Scum and 10 Town, I'm saying an individual's alignment is split down the middle being 50/50.

Covering for his nonsense rationale by doubling down on it.

My initial Scum feelings for Dusk kind of break down into a Scum playing it safe and attempting to contribute but, when backed into a corner and questioned, had no real answer for his own statement. I'm still unsure on Dusk but I would much rather lynch Blarg first as it seems a lot of alignments hinge on him and depending on his flip it will influence what I feel about Dusk.

"Dusk might be doing these things, I dunno..................lynch Blarg first"

Scum Blarg:

Dusk: Town. Unless this was a calculated play by the Scum team I highly doubt they would bus their own teammate so early.The whole 50/50 discussion earlier can just be placed under the 'confused townie' umbrella.

Splinter: Also Town, mainly for his incessant tunneling on Blarg currently and his early-game feelings of Blarg being Scum. Same as above, I doubt scum would bus their teammate so early.

OceanicAir: Scum....? Mainly for this post here. Felt like a scum teammate getting nervous that their scum buddy Blarg was under fire so early.

Kark: Scum? Besides playing oddly all game many of the early questions of the Day involve him subtly deflecting questions or just one sentance comments. Example Here. Can I also mention that the Plinko game started right after Blarg said he lied about the Xbox? And Plinko seems very much like a Blarg idea.

CM: They mentioned early on how they had intense feelings of disliking Blarg ( HERE ) only to come back later and say they weren't quite sure what to do. More of a null but I lean scum here because of the backing down on their earlier thoughts once the heat grew on Blarg.

Town Blarg:

Splinter: Still Town. Weaker than the above read but this early of a tunnel on a player seems like an odd move, even for Splinter.

Dusk: Scum....? His early game is weird no matter how it is spun and it still feels like Scum being pushed into a corner and not knowing how to escape. The only saving grace right now is if Blarg ends up Scum.

Kark: The Biggest Null Read of them All. 50/50, Plinko, and now invisible playing Lizardmen. I think he needs to see a Doctor because something is wrong, I just can't tell what.

CM: Oddly enough I have a stronger Scum read if Blarg is Town. The example above can be used here as well but it felt like early-game Scum throwing shade only to back down once things got a little more uncertain. Not to mention a lack of anything else for this Day 1.

Overall though it's a lot of null reads. This were just the ones I can instantly think of that would be connected to a Blarg flip in any way. There are others who I think are Town/Scum but haven't really connected themselves to the Blarg Problem.

Of all the fingers you point in this post, Dusk gets off relatively well with reads that want to do anything but condemn him. To not seem too obvious, you give hounddog Splinter the top marks.

True, but I'm having trouble seeing a Scum gambit play out where Scum!Dusk gets more heat on himself by bringing up the Xbox topic again. He could have easily stayed low and gone by quietly but instead he drew attention to it again. An attempt at bringing out a counterclaim is possible but I don't know if anyone would actually fall for it.

I still don't trust Dusk but I'm having trouble seeing where this move benefits Scum at all.

To reiterate, because Dusk is trying to buy confidence with a silent confirmation.

Though you've been giving it to him since D1.

One more thing,

Star and Kalor could both of you explain your votes a little more? Neither of you really explained why you found Blarg ( and Dragonz for that matter ) Scummy and why you picked one over the other.

That's a pretty nail there Splinter. Easily worth 1000 points.

Will wait for Dragonz response.

Though I still want to see Blarg lynched

vpz5MGG.gif

Ynnek7

Heya, Everyone. Just wanted to check-in. Wednesdays are usually jam-packed for me and I've only now been able to catch up.

I agree with the plan for no one to come forward about last nights bidding. If anything, it will cause scum to have to focus on either CornBurrito or Christina Mackenzie today.

As it stands right now, I'm most likely going to keep my vote from yesterday on Dusk. I'm feeling like there's something up with his prize claim, but I can't quite put my finger on it. A lot of other people have discussed it already.

I believe that you have a "1v1 me bro" type power. You can probably challenge one player to a game of Halo or something, kind of like Bullet Time Battle in DanganRonpa mafia.

Unfamiliar with the DanganRonpa game (avoided reading that one since I never played the game it was based on), is this something that would only really take effect had Dusk targeted scum?

Also, thinking a bit on this bit from StarSketch

Also, back off of Melon, because you're chasing a false lead. Being passive is kinda my playstyle at this point, unfortunately.

Feels way to early for any of us to be sure of what's a false lead or not.

Sophia

As it stands right now, I'm most likely going to keep my vote from yesterday on Dusk. I'm feeling like there's something up with his prize claim, but I can't quite put my finger on it. A lot of other people have discussed it already.

Just so you know, new day means you've got to place a new vote. They're not carried over from one day to the next.

Current vote tally:

wherearemahdragonz (1)
*splinter 565

el topo (1)
melonrabbit 573

melonrabbitt (1)
wherearemahdragonz 597

Majority is 10.

Day 2 ends in

blu_1471726800.png

Ynnek7

Just so you know, new day means you've got to place a new vote. They're not carried over from one day to the next.

Yep! Won't make it official just yet. Thanks for double checking, though, I could see myself making a mistake like that.

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm getting back to you Kark, just give me a bit. Got a little sidetracked.

Unfamiliar with the DanganRonpa game (avoided reading that one since I never played the game it was based on), is this something that would only really take effect had Dusk targeted scum?

In Danganronpa Mafia someone had an ability ( affectionately called the 1v1 THUNDERDOME ) that only allowed 1 of two people to be voted out during that Day Phase. So instead of being able to vote on anybody, everyone playing only had 2 people to choose from as a lynch target.

If I remember correctly, both Thunderdome players were Town so there wasn't a 'Town/Mafia only' rule applied to it.

Sawneeks

Banned
Oooooh, I love these kind of posts~

Keeping quiet in a mafia game doesn't make you safe. Players need to earn their credibility, that's just the nature of the game. With that said, what you're suggesting doesn't really hold up to reason, because Dusk (and every other player) is angling to gain something.

I just want to point it out that you said keeping quiet doesn't make you safe but you imply later than Dusk's partner keeping quiet is both keeping that individual safe and Dusk himself safe. Talk about a contradiction. :p

I also respectfully disagree. Many people get by just being able to float under the radar. Dusk was able to go from top suspect of Day 1 to barely being a lynch candidate at the end by simply not posting as much and letting others take the spotlight. Does it make you safe in the long run? No, eventually the player list dwindles and focus turns onto those who don't speak up as much. But it does buy time.

But Scum Dusk? The motivations are different there, because he knows Blarg was Town. There's more impetus on the subtle play, because going all out for a lynch you know is Town just seems counterintuitive as Scum. Not only that, but you'd want to save the Xbox to try to build confidence with a player, and buy yourself time.

I disagree but ok

and he did give a reason for claiming today btw

mainly wanted to kill some of the speculation about the bidding process and items.

I don't agree with the reason behind why he did that but you can't act like he didn't try to explain himself.

a bunch of stuff kark uses that implies i'm scum buddies with dusk but won't out-right say it.

I was defending the things that made sense to me. I don't have to disagree with someone just on the basis of their perceived alignment. Just because I think you're Town doesn't mean I have to agree with everything you say and just because I think Kalor is Scum doesn't mean I disagree with every word he says. Did a lot of what Dusk said on Day 1 seem really Scummy? Hell yeah it did and that's why I called him 'scummy af'. But that was early Day 1.

Let me clarify my stance on Blarg > Dusk. On Day 1 I saw Dusk acting very scummy in the early game; calling out Blarg, making weird accusations and not answering questions, and just acting all-around odd. He was the first to really question Blarg winning the Xbox, something people just assumed was fact up until that point and deflected questions thrown at him.

And then Blarg faltered. He started making grand accusations about the Flavor meaning everything to who plays at Night, claims he never had the Xbox in the first place, and it comes out that he was lying about most of the things he had said up until that point. Why? It didn't make sense to me so I voted for him, I believed he was Scum trying to give out misinformation and try to get the real players and winner out into the open. I'll admit I did tunnel on Day 1, I ignored people and didn't believe those who said this would have to be Town Blarg because Scum Blarg didn't make sense trying to do this on Day 1.

During that Day I had 2 scenarios which you quoted, one where Blarg was Town and one where Blarg was Scum. In my mind Dusk's actions were one of two things; a Townie who knew of Blarg's lies about the Xbox and tried to get him lynched or a Scum player who poorly threw shade and accusations at Blarg. And since I found Blarg to be Scummier I figured Dusk might have actually been Town, he just ended up poorly wording most of his arguments and got suspicion cast on himself. That's why I wanted Blarg lynched first, not only would it help me collect my thoughts on Dusk but it also would let me read how others, including those connected to the situation directly, reacted to the Blarg situation as well. I've learned to always go for the source of the Scum problem first, not the outlying stragglers.

Which brings us to Dusk and Day 2. After Blarg flipped Town I went back and reread a lot of Day 1, this time hanging up my tunneling hat and looking at that Day through the perspective of what we know now.

I know, I know; hindsight is 20/20, but doing that allows me look at everything without it all being 'in the moment' and lets me collect my thoughts ( and notes ).

Do I think Dusk is Town now? Before Dusk made his post and roleclaimed I would have told you 'I don't know, maybe slight scum?' but, now with everything that's happened, I still don't see why a Scum player would bring the spotlight back onto themselves like that. I read your theory on why a Scum player would do that but it doesn't feel like that's what is going on here.

Call it a gut read but I think he's Town. I won't confidently say that but I would bet on that over him being Scum. All of his actions so far have been somewhat anti-town but I don't feel like it's been on purpose.

If I'm wrong?

gg dusk

One more thing,

vpz5MGG.gif

Don't you DisapprovingOprah.gif me. I did explain my reasons for wanting to lynch Blarg. :c

*Splinter

We're here to hunt scum, not score brownie points when townies die. I don't care about "I told you so". I'm voting for who I think is scum, and I'm defending who I think is town.

And why do I need to wait for WAMD's flip to come after you? I think you're probably scum and I'll probably vote for you today.

Aren't you doing the same thing, setting up a chain lynch when/if WAMD flips? If she's scum I'm scum, if she's town I'm scum. Way to cover all your bases.
The bolded, sure that's kind of true. But what should I do? Sit on my theory until WAMD flips? What if I'm not alive then, and the theory is correct but noone else brings it up?

I'm putting it out there so that (hopefully) someone looks at you if necessary.

If that looks hypocritical, I'll point out that the "chain lynch" aspect isn't the only scummy point, it's just the point that triggered me looking at you, and lead me to consider why you might be so confident in Dragon's innocence.

*Splinter

The bolded, sure that's kind of true. But what should I do? Sit on my theory until WAMD flips? What if I'm not alive then, and the theory is correct but noone else brings it up?

I'm putting it out there so that (hopefully) someone looks at you if necessary.

If that looks hypocritical, I'll point out that the "chain lynch" aspect isn't the only scummy point, it's just the point that triggered me looking at you, and lead me to consider why you might be so confident in Dragon's innocence.
Actually, what do you make of this Dragonz? You've admitted my suspicions are somewhat justified, so what do you think about LP (and others, he is just the most obvious) being so willing to ignore those "mistakes"?

*Splinter

Don't understand why you're getting upset about linking lynches since you've been connecting people all game long. Wasn't Blarg supposed to be scum and that's why WAMD was supposed to be too or something?
Dude...

Are you doing that on purpose, or do you really not read my posts?

Even if the bolded was true (which it isn't), you don't see a difference between chain-lynching based on a scum flip instead of a town one?

And are you suggesting we shouldn't be looking for connections between players in a game of Mafia?

Dude...

Dude...

Kyanrute

The traditional KyanTM echo everyone else day opening post (because the days start at midnight local time, that’s why, I like my zzz).

If town Dusk won the Xbox, the Blarg hounding makes sense. A classic moderately silly DuskplanTM was used in order to hunt down a gambitting Blarg. Scum do rather reveal their MO by going for contestant Kawl - hunt the winners. The next presumed targets thus would’ve been Christina and Corn. It should be possible for scum to win the prizes too, such a mechanic seems too complex to be just a diversion to spread town prs around. Thus, there could’ve been scum even on the initial contestants row. Had one of the remaining contestants died without the prize and the other kept on living, we would’ve found the scum. Obviously, this is but one of many scenarios, but one that has been somewhat muddled by Dusk’s reveal that he is the winner of n0. There is no reason for scum to hunt for the prize of n0, if Dusk is telling the truth and I don’t see any reason for Dusk to lie about this after what happened on d1. Why confuse everything again with lies?

In addition, the information we’ve gained ain’t that much. What does this all tell about Dusk? Nothing, really. 1v1 thunderdome and 1+1 chat have been suggested as possible effects of the Xbox. Seeing as there has been no thunderdome announcements, the chat seems the more likely of the two. Again, nothing, or I should say, nothing to the benefit of town. Not only do scum know who won the prize, they now have some idea what the prize was.

So if Dusk is scum, scum won the prize on n0 and jumped on gambitting Blarg. They use the Xbox on the following night to do whatever the Xbox does and open the day the way Dusk did to gain them #townpoints. Have to go back and see how Dusk’s posts on d1 support this theory. Blarg voters should be looked at as well. Dusk also possibly being a scum puts the reactions to the DuskplanTM in a new light. Much to consider.

Sidenote: I’ll be somewhat busy this whole day phase, so if you absolutely want to hear my opinion on a certain issue, ask, so I might catch it when I have time to read+think+post.

*Splinter

I disagree but ok
Can you elaborate on this, Sawneeks? What part of this did you disagree with, and why?

*Splinter

I just want to point it out that you said keeping quiet doesn't make you safe but you imply later than Dusk's partner keeping quiet is both keeping that individual safe and Dusk himself safe. Talk about a contradiction. :p
Also it feels like you're misrepresenting Kark here. There is a difference between staying quiet to lay low, and creating a claim that is backed up by silence. There's no contradiction here.

*Splinter

Ok, main person I wanted to get to today (apart from she-who-shall-not-be-named-because-I'm-sounding-like-a-broken-record-and-noone-is-listening-anyway) is Christina Mackenzie.

CM's last few posts of yesterday looked very lazy. Basically asking for direction and then leaving the thread without really doing anything. I read this post as a snide comment on the lack of anything happening in the thread, which is a bit rich considering CM made no attempt to change that situation.

Here is (the only?) question asked shortly before that:
Blarg ,what's your read list?

Specifically what do you think of *Splinter and Dusk Soldier?
This stood out to me as one of the most unnecessary questions that could be asked. Blarg had spent the morning attacking Dusk, and the afternoon arguing with me. Frankly I'd've thought Blarg's opinion on literally anyone else would be more interesting at this point, so this just looks like an attempt to "stir the pot" and reignite Blarg v Dusk/me.

Christina, did you have a reason to be asking for these reads specifically?

And while I have your attention, who are your current top scum? And what do you make of Dusk's claim?

*Splinter

Oh you already commented on Dusk:

Dusk Soldier comes forward and claims he won the Xbox One.

1) He's scum. Trying to draw out the real winner and force a thunderdome situation. Not a valid long term strategy.

2) He's town. Either this is Blarg 2.0 or he truly has the item. He's seems pretty confident about this so I assume he's prepared for whatever happens. Leaning towards this.

I'm surprised that there were 2 other players who did not vote on Day 1. Had I known I would have put a vote on someone.

Actually just as I finished typing this, Karkador makes a very interesting point about Dusk Soldier.
Can you explain the bolded? I don't get it

Wait, did you think that Blarg could possibly be scum? Because if he had an item and we lynched with it wouldn't that be a good thing?

I mean he basically had claimed potential PR. There's risk to keeping him alive if he was scum, but there's also more reward to keeping him alive if he was town and a genuine PR.

Unfamiliar with the DanganRonpa game (avoided reading that one since I never played the game it was based on), is this something that would only really take effect had Dusk targeted scum?.

In Dangan then Bullet Time Battle power let the user challenge 1 other person to a "duel". The rest of the players could only vote for one of the two in the battle for the rest of the day phase.

Kalor

Looking at the players Nin has been blending in this game. With the exception of one post he's been commenting on the state of the game without giving his opinion and hasn't had much substance in his posts. He voted for WAMD but didn't provide any justification beyond not liking the Blarg lynch.

I don't like the Blarg lynch.

Vote count please.

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean he is scum but I want to at least draw attention to him while we still have plenty of time left.

Vote: nin1000

Do you see how Dusk is being misleading? Everything he's saying as part of his roleclaim dump was already actually known, but he's waving a hand in front of us, trying to make it seem like the info was 'generic'. It's the same 2+2=5 nonsense from yesterday, with the "50/50 chance of flipping scum" nonsense.

Just want to make a quick clarification here Kark. It wasn't known that the bidders were told the exact same thing about the prize via PM, as we were told in the main thread.

You also didn't know if we actually knew each other or each other's bids.

We also don't even technically know who exactly bid on N0 as 5 players now have come forward claiming to bid, when mostly like only four players can bid per night.

I'm providing information about the bidding process to help catch someone in a contradiction down the line in case someone tries to lie about winning a power or something.

--
Also, I'm assuming at this point that most people haven't gotten to bid yet. If this works like the TV show, then there should be only 4 contestants per night, and new contestants are only chosen as replacements for people that have left contestant row.

I think Dragonz is a good info lynch target today because if she flips scum, it's likely Splinter was right about her slip up.

I thought he was reaching a bit when he called her out on the 3 v. 2 contestants "slip-up", but her attempts to explain away her actions have been suspiciously contradictory.

I also think that both Blarg and Kawl were lying about being on contestants row. I think it's very likely that Kawl was just going along with Blarg's theory that the 4 contestants were all in the OP flavour text for D1. As he later admitted he was just trying to catch Blarg in a lie.

So if me, Cornburrito, and Christina Mac were all contestants, then the fourth person would have been the scum partner Dragonz Freudianly alluded to.

Actually, what do you make of this Dragonz? You've admitted my suspicions are somewhat justified, so what do you think about LP (and others, he is just the most obvious) being so willing to ignore those "mistakes"?

At this point I'm looking at anyone who doesn't believe I'm scum. Because when I flip, you were right about them being "on the right side of history.". With the exception of Melonrabbit, because she's still fishy and voted for me, but I've been expanding my horizons and will be looking at LP, kark, and OA later. I can't remember who else vouched for me.

Assuming Blarg flips scum, Stan and Kawl are next on my list.

Also WAMD is still scum and how the hell is that slip being ignored?? From Blarg especially: you spent the entirety of Danny Phantom accusing Flush for a slip far less blatant than WAMD's

Oh right, teammate, of course, nevermind

Dude...

Are you doing that on purpose, or do you really not read my posts?

Even if the bolded was true (which it isn't), you don't see a difference between chain-lynching based on a scum flip instead of a town one?

And are you suggesting we shouldn't be looking for connections between players in a game of Mafia?

Dude...

Dude...

DUDe, duDE, DuDe! I'm saying you shouldn't make bold and grandiose connections between players before they flip or to strengthen an argument. And making connections on D1 actions on D1 is like really pointless, so I really don't care for any sort of chain lynch based upon those observations. Besides all such talk really does is inflate post counts on what could and probably will end up being complete and utter nonsense (much like all of your talk about Blarg)

And this I realize has literally nothing to do with anything since I don't think you're scum right now. I just really, really, really disagree on your scum hunting methods.

Why is this whole WAMD/Splinter thing escaping everyone's notice? Fellow scum conveniently ignoring them and pursuing other threads?

WAMD's slip is out there for everyone to see; does no one else think it's suspicious? What about the people who voted for WAMD yesterday?

Kyan (switched to Splinter later)
Melon
Splinter
nin1000

Only Splinter has voted for WAMD today.

Conversely, what about the people who voted for Splinter yesterday? Thoughts on him?

Kyan (switched to WAMD, switched back to Splinter)
Melon (switched to Splinter later)

You know who hasn't posted today? Magnum.

All I'm going to say is this: Do not disregard anything I have posted today. I have legitimately tried to help town. Even if I don't win, I still want you guys to.

This is his last post after Kark claims to use his override on him.

Now, if Magnum was scum, would it make sense to off Kark last night, in case he used it today? Well it would, except it would become pretty obvious that Kark was killed to save Magnum, and he would be summarily voted out.

If Magnum was town though, why not do the same thing? Kill Kark, Magnum gets suspected and dies, override is off the table. The fact that Kark hung onto it means he'll have a higher chance to hit scum as the game goes on.

And of course there's the fact that Kark actually lived last night. A one-shot override is still a PR and after using it there's a good chance he's now a confirmed townie. So it could mean he's bluffing, or scum.

Finally, the way Magnum phrases his post above implies that he is a neutral. We'll have to wait for him to elaborate on that.

But in the meantime, what's up Kark? Are you still planning to override Magnum today? Why didn't you do it yesterday? Why are you talking about Dusk and Sawneeks instead (though to be fair those are good points you brought up)? What do you think about Dusk's claim that we're all townies and goons, despite you claiming a PR?

You know who hasn't posted today? Magnum.

This is his last post after Kark claims to use his override on him.

Now, if Magnum was scum, would it make sense to off Kark last night, in case he used it today? Well it would, except it would become pretty obvious that Kark was killed to save Magnum, and he would be summarily voted out.

If Magnum was town though, why not do the same thing? Kill Kark, Magnum gets suspected and dies, override is off the table. The fact that Kark hung onto it means he'll have a higher chance to hit scum as the game goes on.

And of course there's the fact that Kark actually lived last night. A one-shot override is still a PR and after using it there's a good chance he's now a confirmed townie. So it could mean he's bluffing, or scum.

Finally, the way Magnum phrases his post above implies that he is a neutral. We'll have to wait for him to elaborate on that.

But in the meantime, what's up Kark? Are you still planning to override Magnum today? Why didn't you do it yesterday? Why are you talking about Dusk and Sawneeks instead (though to be fair those are good points you brought up)? What do you think about Dusk's claim that we're all townies and goons, despite you claiming a PR?

I didn't claim we're all townies and goons??

Karkador

Banned
Just want to make a quick clarification here Kark. It wasn't known that the bidders were told the exact same thing about the prize via PM, as we were told in the main thread.

Told in the main thread makes being told in PM pretty pointless.

You also didn't know if we actually knew each other or each other's bids.

A blind bid was a reasonable assumption to make. In any case, this is a tiny detail in the bigger picture of finding scum. Unless there are powers associated with the bids, all that stuff is basically a form of RNG.

We also don't even technically know who exactly bid on N0 as 5 players now have come forward claiming to bid, when mostly like only four players can bid per night.

I get the feeling that the bidding aspect is a gigantic red herring. Unless there is an inherent vouching power to the bidding, anybody can make up anything about it.

I'm providing information about the bidding process to help catch someone in a contradiction down the line in case someone tries to lie about winning a power or something.

A contradiction, according to you? What you're doing right now is trying to establish your info as the baseline for how we look at the rest of the game. Info that could be wrong. We have no objective reason to believe what you're saying is true, other than the things the moderator said that you're repeating.

Ok, main person I wanted to get to today (apart from she-who-shall-not-be-named-because-I'm-sounding-like-a-broken-record-and-noone-is-listening-anyway) is Christina Mackenzie.

CM's last few posts of yesterday looked very lazy. Basically asking for direction and then leaving the thread without really doing anything. I read this post as a snide comment on the lack of anything happening in the thread, which is a bit rich considering CM made no attempt to change that situation.

Here is (the only?) question asked shortly before that:

This stood out to me as one of the most unnecessary questions that could be asked. Blarg had spent the morning attacking Dusk, and the afternoon arguing with me. Frankly I'd've thought Blarg's opinion on literally anyone else would be more interesting at this point, so this just looks like an attempt to "stir the pot" and reignite Blarg v Dusk/me.

Christina, did you have a reason to be asking for these reads specifically?

And while I have your attention, who are your current top scum? And what do you make of Dusk's claim?

I wouldn't even dare assume for a moment I knew what Blarg's opinion is on anyone. I thought he was the only player active at the time and wanted to get his read on the 2 players he's butted heads the most on Day 1.

Was going to post my thoughts on the Day 1 votes, might as well put them in here.

We now know Blarg's ploy was to draw attention away from the real winner (Dusk Soldier, maybe). I think we can also assume scum would have wanted him lynched on Day 1.

Looking at the votes for Blargonaut...

blargonaut (6)
sawneeks 307
dusk soldier 333
wherearemahdragonz 336
*splinter 350 (501)
kawl_usc 454
starsketch 524
kalor 530

sawneeks (Hi again, it's been a while) was the first to vote Blarg which would be a rather bold move if she was scum. Coincidentally she's also the first to mention both Starsketch and Kalor having "bandwagon" votes for him. Maybe trying to draw attention away from her having started the votes? This is more of a gut read but I feel Kalor's reason for voting is more genuine, a case of casting his vote at the wrong time. Drawing a blank on Starsketch, will need to read her posts again.

Then we have Dusk Soldier and wherearemahdragonz. I'll say this about Dusk Soldier, having seen his posts today there is something about what he said that makes me doubt he's telling the truth. I won't point it out as it may inadvertently identify other contestants.
Going to post a bit more on wherearemahdragonz later.

You also had a vote on Blarg but before deciding to switch. That seems pretty suspicious.

I mean he basically had claimed potential PR. There's risk to keeping him alive if he was scum, but there's also more reward to keeping him alive if he was town and a genuine PR.

But he pretty much renounced his claim to being a winner Nothing about his play really shouted PR and besides if he was, would anybody believe him with how he played?
------
Okay, another thing I've been thinking about regarding WAMD's slip. At the time she made her claim only Blarg and Kawl, who we both know to be town, had claimed to be contestants. But after her slip CM, Corn and Dusk have all come forward as contestants. Why would they voluntarily align themselves as possible teammates (or town lie about being contestants and provide cover) and essentially double down on the mistake that she made? While one teammate can slip, it is a lot less likely multiple scum to also especially with a chat. It would be exponentially easier to keep silent in that case.

Quick question for Karkador: You said you had an override, right? Is it a role power, or are you the actual owner of the Xbone?

Or were you just lying this whole time?

(Back to work and mobile)

The longer this goes on the more consistent Blarg is too me as a town read. The strategy he employed might have a dishonest one but I think there is some merit to it. Town sometimes had to lie for the longer-term benefit of the town. Over this discussion has given me a few reads.

Kark is so far leaning town to me.

I also think CM and Cornbro's drive-by comments on bidding last night without any sufficient follow up or mention was a little strange.

LP was inactive but his latest posts have been pretty solid and reads town.

Star has been coasting a lot and has so far been hesitate to give a real opinion on anyone.

Dusk's overall behavior has been rather scummy.

Splinter, I'm a lot less sure of you than when the day started.

Vote: *Splinter

Looking through your posts, I'm wondering what you saw in Kark's posts up to that point that made you lean towards town? Because all I really see is that plinko game of note.

Karkador

Banned
Quick question for Karkador: You said you had an override, right? Is it a role power, or are you the actual owner of the Xbone?

Or were you just lying this whole time?

I don't own an Xbox, I have not been picked for Fabulous Prizes, and I was lying about the override.

A contradiction, according to you? What you're doing right now is trying to establish your info as the baseline for how we look at the rest of the game. Info that could be wrong. We have no objective reason to believe what you're saying is true, other than the things the moderator said that you're repeating.

If it's true that you're a security chief, then it's probably also true that you will never be a contestant.

So it makes sense that you're going to be extra skeptical about information concerning the bidding phase.

But I'm also estimating at this point that 50% of the players in this game have either bid on an item or have access to a player that has, so I can't really lie about the bidding process at this point because I could only be tricking at most a few players.

*Splinter

Looking at the votes for Blargonaut...

sawneeks (Hi again, it's been a while) was the first to vote Blarg which would be a rather bold move if she was scum. Coincidentally she's also the first to mention both Starsketch and Kalor having "bandwagon" votes for him. Maybe trying to draw attention away from her having started the votes? This is more of a gut read but I feel Kalor's reason for voting is more genuine, a case of casting his vote at the wrong time. Drawing a blank on Starsketch, will need to read her posts again.

Then we have Dusk Soldier and wherearemahdragonz. I'll say this about Dusk Soldier, having seen his posts today there is something about what he said that makes me doubt he's telling the truth. I won't point it out as it may inadvertently identify other contestants.
Going to post a bit more on wherearemahdragonz later.

You also had a vote on Blarg but before deciding to switch. That seems pretty suspicious.
Mm hm, and what's your conclusion from all this? You've gone through each vote on Blarg describing possible scum motivations behind each - and yes, each point alone is true - so which of these do you feel is most likely? Right now you seem to be trying to throw as much shade as possible as widely as possible without actually pushing for a lynch on anyone.

I'm still fully convinced that Blarg was most likely scum's target yesterday. So scum should have at least 1 vote within that cluster.

Sawneeks, Star, and WAMD.

Splinter is tunneling hard on WAMD though, and I'm not really convinced that Splinter is town especially when he's trying to propose chain lynches.

I will say that if WAMD is scum, that doesn't necessarily clear Splinter. Having played with Splinter in the past, it isn't beyond him to bus a scum buddy early on and push for their lynch.

Top Bottom