• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

any good RPG games for PC similar to witcher 3 or fallout 4?

BigDes

Planescape: Torment.

Has character progression in spades. Is also still some of the best writing in videogames

z1ggy

Wasteland 2 is a solid RPG if you like the Fallout atmosphere and setting. There's a lot to read and the combat is turn based ala Xcom. Quests have many paths.

most importantly, you can ignore the horrible infinity engine combat pretty easily with broken builds

But is very much a case where there's a right way to play. You should know that going in. You want a high WIS/INT build, or you miss most of what's amazing about the game.

If it has to be both recent and open world then try Risen 3.

If you omit the "recent" criterion, play Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. It's the best game in the sub-genre.
If you omit the "open world" criterion, play Alpha Protocol. In terms of interaction with NPCs it is unparalleled.

Haven't played Risen 3, but I loved Risen 1 even though the last 1/4 of the game wasn't as good. How does Risen 3 stack up??

Nere

Since when Fallout 4 was considered a good RPG game?

Anyway like previous guys suggested I would also suggest modded Morrowind, one of the best RPGs I have ever played.

Fledz

Two pages and no one has said Dishonored?

If he likes Deus Ex type of gameplay and the lore in games like Mass Effect, etc, surely this would be the perfect fit.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Wait, you want good character progression and NPCs, yet couldnt get into NV? Thats like, top tier writing for that stuff. Just stick with it, you should really go back and try to.
Yeah, for that criteria it's pretty much the best RPG you'll find.

Two pages and no one has said Dishonored?
...Not an RPG?

Anyway like previous guys suggested I would also suggest modded Morrowind, one of the best RPGs I have ever played.
The OP specified something recent, "not 10 years old stuff", Morrowind is from 2002.

Dark Souls 1
..........I love Dark Souls but holy shit READ THE OP PEOPLE

i meant in terms of character progression and interaction with NPCs and all that jazz, i feel i need something to hold me until DE: Mankind Divided drops, any recommendations GAF?

i have played and finished:
Mass Effect 1 to 3 with all DLC
DE:HR
Previous Fallout games except NV, tried the game but didn't really grab me
Previous Dragon Age games

im more interested on something that's not 10 years old, something that relatively new, so many games out im sure there's gotta be something i missed and someone greatly enjoyed it

If you played "previous Fallout games" aka 1, 2, 3 then you simply have to play NV. Why didn't it grab you? It's better than FO3.

Piano

Banned
I suggest you give New Vegas another shot. It didn't grab me the first time I tried it but upon starting over a second time and giving it a few hours it became my favorite open world RPG by FAR. Way better than Fallout 3.

Rhoc

What about the S.T.A.L.K.E.R franchise. Its really atmospheric and has a post apocalyptic setting like Fallout. There are also some really good mods for Call of Pripyat i recommend the mod Misery for realism and higher difficulty.

Top Bottom