• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma |OT| Skip the first two games? Nein Nein Nein

novacav

I've seen things with small groups of vocal haters.

Zero Time Dilemma is not that.

That doesn't mean that everyone hates it, but it's not just a few vocal people.

Obviously everyone should form their own opinion, but I don't think it's helpful to just label the criticisms as a vocal minority. In a lot of people's opinion, the game really shits the bed at the end.

It is a vocal minority though. If the whole pie is GAF, then yes, it's not a vocal minority. It's a very decent chunk of people dissatisfied.

But if the pie is everyone who played the game, including younger gamers who don't dwell here (probably to their benefit, and to the preservation of their sense of childlike wonderment), then I would say it is in fact a vocal minority.

The Amazon reviews I think reflect that, definitely dissatisfied folks but mostly everyone had a grand ol' time. I suspect only more positive reviews will pile up there, and not many more negative ones in the coming years. Only the expectation built from loving 999/VLR and then hyping from 4infinity.co to release, I think, can render this game being interpreted as utterly disapointing. But that's just my take.

And, admittedly, I am someone who thinks VLR is one of the greatest games of all time, and ZTD probably is not. But, in the context of ZE only, I don't see it as terribly far behind either, just different.

Sometimes the profundity of games or art isn't just skin-deep. So yeah, ZTD doesn't just bomb you with awesomeness and general near-perfect execution like VLR does, but there's a lot of subtext IMO that makes it excellent. People should be given the opportunity to uncover that for themselves if they so choose, and not be pre-disposed to "meh not as good as the first two."

That all said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express it, etc.

OK I must be stupid because I'm stuck.
so I just finished the part where C team jumps everywhere. So Carlos sent gab away with a not saying search some photo. I went back to q teams stuff and nothing.... I'm also missing an ending to the 3 way standoff. The far right and who killed Mira. Also should I have the code for door of trust yet?

Not asking for answers just want to be lead in the right direction because I haven't played the game in a month.
Got
who killed Mira.... I thought I did that already..... Lol.
More spoilers
that opened up the 10 month thing..... Holy shit!

I just spoiled myself because I Googled a name because I thought it was from vlr...... Fuck
got door of truth.....

IMACOMPUTA

I need help! I'm very close to the end and have no idea what I'm supposed to do.
I just finished the
who is zero and then the three way stand-off. There's absolutely nothing else for me to click and nothing open on the timeline, except spots after c team force quit box. Where are d team and q team force quit box scenes? I'm unable to find them in my timeline...
I have one fragment left for each team.

Edit: never mind. I found it. damn, I HATE how the timeline in this game works. Why isn't EVERYTHING on the main timeline?

Symtendo

I'm a bit stuck in the end game and might need some help with the flow charts (pictures on my Twitter @symtendo)

i only have a few blank spots on my flow chart namely:

Following on from D Team's "Don't Press"

A second option on Q teams Decision "you are Zero"

A fourth option on Q teams "3 Way Stand Off"

All my execution scenes are lit up and most recently I unlocked Q's helmet

Can anyone help me? Please don't tell me the answers I need but just a hint might help.

GSR

I'm a bit stuck in the end game and might need some help with the flow charts (pictures on my Twitter @symtendo)

i only have a few blank spots on my flow chart namely:

Following on from D Team's "Don't Press"

A second option on Q teams Decision "you are Zero"

A fourth option on Q teams "3 Way Stand Off"

All my execution scenes are lit up and most recently I unlocked Q's helmet

Can anyone help me? Please don't tell me the answers I need but just a hint might help.

Did everyone do the moral thing in a certain path?

Are you sure you don't know
who Zero is
? You should have seen enough endings by now to have all the info you need. If you're really stuck, rewatch
C-END 1
and/or
D-END 2

Symtendo

who Zero is
? You should have seen enough endings by now to have all the info you need. If you're really stuck, rewatch
C-END 1
and/or
D-END 2

Ah yes, rewatching C End 1 I realised that I knew who Zero was but that slipped my mind, however, Brother is not working on that strand?!

This. I love this trilogy. I am still sad it's over. ;_;

9AQkXSG.jpg

Symtendo

who Zero is
C-END 1
and/or
D-END 2

Looks like I pushed through! Thanks for your help!

Jawmuncher

So I know the answer to unlock
Force Quite
for D Team. However i'm wondering exactly when do you find out about
Luna's mom momento?
. Was it in the
Locker Room
and that's why she was singing? Because that's one hell of a stretch if that's the case.

Narroo

Force Quite
Luna's mom momento?
. Was it in the
Locker Room
and that's why she was singing? Because that's one hell of a stretch if that's the case.

The momento is
The bird cage she wears around her neck.

Hey, I want to play this game and can pick out of vita, 3ds or pc

Which one do I choose?

I'd say go for PC. The game isn't power hungry at all and you'll get the best visuals out of it, too.
My first (and so far only) playthrough was on 3DS because I thought I needed the touch controls, but it turned out that I fared pretty well with just the Circle Pad and face buttons, so yeah. If you need touch-esque controls, you can just use your mouse on PC. In fact you can play the whole game with just the mouse. It also has controller support if you prefer that.

If you need a version to play on the go though, go for the Vita version. It's more beautiful than the 3DS version and has a smoother framerate too. It's basically the PC version but at a lower resolution.

Only choose the 3DS version if you are a collector who needs all three versions of the game (like me).

Force Quite
Luna's mom momento?
. Was it in the
Locker Room

Don't forget that the
bird cage was also sent along in the transporters.

I feel like there's a story there about
how it got back to Diana
that will go untold.

megalowho

God damn Eric sucks so fucking much. Maybe the most (purposefully) annoying character ever. Team Q in general was just.. all over the place. Loved the arcs of the other two teams.

Just finished after finally playing through the entire series this summer. Man these games get in your head, glad I got to experience it.

Really liked ZTD overall, the disjointed flow grew on me over time and I appreciate the differences from game to game, worthy sequel for sure. Most of the twists and reveals were fun and felt appropriately foreshadowed by previous entries, except for a couple at the very end that fell flat or felt under explained. Works as a conclusion but there's more material to cover if they wanted to.

One of my favorite sequences in the entire series:
Right when all my options started to close off I get the scene where Carlos and Junpei are forced to play the AB game, leading into Carlos awakening his SHIFT abilities, Junpei being kind of badass and the story taking off.
The
timeline reveal and the global flowchart changing as a result
was huge too.

I was pretty disappointed, and it once again ended with me feeling dissatisfied. 999 is the best, and I hope it receives a vita port, because I would totally replay it and complete my zero escape platinum collection.

Gurthang

Banned
I was pretty disappointed, and it once again ended with me feeling dissatisfied. 999 is the best, and I hope it receives a vita port, because I would totally replay it and complete my zero escape platinum collection.

Yeah
ZTD pretty much ruined the series for me. 999 should have been left alone or recieved a more direct sequel.

LAA

Yeah
ZTD pretty much ruined the series for me. 999 should have been left alone or recieved a more direct sequel.

I did actually enjoy VLR the most probably, but yeah ZE3 was a little disappointing to say the least. It introduced some cool things and twists and etc., but in no way can it be called a conclusion to the series, that along with the questions it failed to answer from previous installments.
Hoping for an interview with uchikoshi at some point and/or Q&A about the whole thing.

Should I just skip the game? I loved ZE 1 and 2 but I'd be happier not to play a crappy third game and remember the outrageously good first two games fondly.

Yasumi

Banned
I did actually enjoy VLR the most probably, but yeah ZE3 was a little disappointing to say the least. It introduced some cool things and twists and etc., but in no way can it be called a conclusion to the series, that along with the questions it failed to answer from previous installments.
Hoping for an interview with uchikoshi at some point and/or Q&A about the whole thing.

Uchikoshi gave us some (incredibly disappointing) answers on Twitter.
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/13/zero-escape-series-creator-shares-answers/

Yeah
It didn't ruin the series for me because I was already disappointed with VLR, but I think 999 should have just stayed a solo entry. That's not to say I didn't enjoy playing the sequels, but there was no really satisfying conclusion after everything, especially after VLR.

Narroo

It didn't ruin the series for me because I was already disappointed with VLR, but I think 999 should have just stayed a solo entry. That's not to say I didn't enjoy playing the sequels, but there was no really satisfying conclusion after everything, especially after VLR.

I'm still mad that I can't even unload the game on cragislist after paying $40 for it.

grim-tales

I'm enjoying it so far (less than 10 hours in though). The puzzle rooms are great though the animation does look a bit odd, at first i couldnt look past that and ugly sprites :(
Eric really is a bit of a dick
Mira - hrrrnnngggh

grim-tales

I just had a thought (finished the scene after D Teams puzzle) - what if:
Phi is related to Diana or even that Phi is the dog?
Early on someone said Gab was "incredibly old" and its hair resembles Phi (a bit).
When Phi hugged Diana she said "such a familliar smell" It was so sad

OH SHIT, OH SHIT :(

I just had a thought (finished the scene after D Teams puzzle) - what if:
Phi is related to Diana or even that Phi is the dog?
Early on someone said Gab was "incredibly old" and its hair resembles Phi (a bit).
When Phi hugged Diana she said "such a familliar smell" It was so sad

OH SHIT, OH SHIT :(

(don't open this Grim!)
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. THE PHI IS GAB THEORY LIVES. HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF.

grim-tales

Its OK figured it out now. Well
That was predictable in a shocking kind of way (or vice versa). So Mira is a psychopath who doesnt understand emotion etc etc.... but Eric sucks balls so far anyway. The ending is such a let down, she just leaves WTF? But what I found interesting was how she said she is protecting Q. Maybe I need more story fragments?
Now I have 2 endings, the very first (before the starfs proper) and a Crossbow (?)

grim-tales

Hey,
Can anyone help with
The Infirmary (Carlos, Akane, Junpei?) This is the first puzzle where i literally dont know what to do and i cant find any clues for the lockers or luminol.
Some scenes are fucking horrifying (compared to VLR)

Fluxdyne

Hey,
Can anyone help with
The Infirmary (Carlos, Akane, Junpei?) This is the first puzzle where i literally dont know what to do and i cant find any clues for the lockers or luminol.
Some scenes are fucking horrifying (compared to VLR)

Use the
luminol on the locker doors

grim-tales

Hey,
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a good order to tackle story? I've been hopping back and forth but can find the disjointed fragments confusing at times as I worry in case I see something I'm not supposed to see :s

Narroo

Hey,
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a good order to tackle story? I've been hopping back and forth but can find the disjointed fragments confusing at times as I worry in case I see something I'm not supposed to see :s

Nope. Just pick whatever episodes you want. It doesn't matter.

takoyaki

Aksys Games seems to be teasing something on Twitter.

So it's an image of 8 Zeros?

Probably the Steam version of 999, which would make it the 8th release in the series (999 DS -> VLR 3DS/Vita -> 999 iOS -> ZTD 3DS/Vita/Steam -> 999 Steam).

Also, lol at another Zero Escape Aksys teaser thingy. I'm not doing this again, knowing Aksys they could be talking about October 2017 ;)

Top Bottom