• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma |OT| Skip the first two games? Nein Nein Nein

Sadist

Ugh, six endings unlocked and I'm stuck now. Unlocked all fragments of D-Team, but both C and Q team have one fragment that's still locked.

For both it's the fourth fragment (or the left one on the second row) and I've tried several things to unlock.

Can anybody help me out? I'm close to completing the game I think.

Edit; never mind, got it!

Phatcorns

Thanks for the help guys. I had to look it up on the internet a bit more, but to anyone who is stuck there seems to be one thing that a lot of people miss:

These aren't really spoilers, just something you might miss.

Make sure you fill out all of the little death bubbles in the timeline after the execution vote.

Well I just finished the game.
A great run, not as intense as VLR (especially the end of VLR) but still a good game. I had my doubt at first when I saw some user review/opinion on the game but I can't really agree with them now :p
Actually it's often the same scenario: I like the game I finish it then I go on gaf to realize that I have bad taste in gaming :p

novacav

A great run, not as intense as VLR (especially the end of VLR) but still a good game. I had my doubt at first when I saw some user review/opinion on the game but I can't really agree with them now :p
Actually it's often the same scenario: I like the game I finish it then I go on gaf to realize that I have bad taste in gaming :p

Haha, don't let GAF get you down. You may recall people on here hating VLR when only it and 999 existed, in 2012-2013. Now it's hailed as the series pinnacle by most.

ZTD was excellent and will be appreciated in due time. As good as VLR? No quite in my opinion, but that is just one man's opinion. ZE has seen something almost resembling a miniature Zelda cycle.

That's not to say ZTD criticisms aren't valid, they definitely are.

khaaan

I grabbed Zero Time Dilemma on launch and played a bit but the puzzled with D-Team in the T
ransporter
room really frustrated me. I jumped back in over the weekend and decided to go play through some different fragments and finally feel like I'm back in the flow of things.

Based on what I've played so far I can maybe see why so many people think it's the weakest in the series or even dislike it. There are certainly plenty of mysteries that need to be answered but the game itself doesn't feel as mysterious like the other games did. The first two games started with me feeling like I was in the dark and answers led to more questions that just made that feeling stronger. In this game that's not the case, I still have the questions of "who" and "why" but I haven't hit that feeling of total confusion which is one of the things I enjoy about this series. That being said, I'm still quite early in the game with only 2-3 endings seen and a lot of the big moments happen later on so I'm still excited to see what it's building towards. Even if it doesn't live up to the expectations I'm still enjoying the game and happy with it.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Not quite sure if I like the nonlinear story progression / fragments system in this one yet, but I've only played through 1/2 of C team's so far.

milkham

just got passed the
Q reveal
took me by surprise, i feel like that kind of fuckery was not earned vs the
reveal in vlr
. also, fuck the
capsule puzzle in the biolab

kuYuri

Ok, so I got one of those
Force Quit Box passwords
, except I can't remember how to get to the scene to use it. Can anyone remind me? >_>

kuYuri

Choose not to press the yellow button with all teams.

Figured out the problem. The scene doesn't appear on the flowchart, it seems I can only choose it from the Team Select screen. Silly me.

EDIT: Never mind, it seems my eyes just kept glossing over it.

Just got around to starting this game. Is there a "best" order for which Teams to follow?

There is no best order, I tried both alternating teams and focusing on one team at the time and it doesn't change much.
In my opinion, for the first batch of team Q fragments, keep the one that shows
the kid with a crossbow
last!

You don't have bad taste at all. ZTD is an amazing game and definitely a worthy sequel to VLR.

999 -10/10
OKJgpO7m.jpg

VLR - 9.8/10
nMBVrDXm.jpg

ZTD - 9.8/10
O3RWyFWm.jpg

Best gaming trilogy of all time.

Ugh.

Just found out Amazon downgraded my limited watch editions (one of each) to standard editions without my consent then cancelled those without even shipping me the games.

Obviously I can't get the watch version anywhere else and I've had my preorders for over a year.

Just needed to vent about this. So frustrating.

Skii

I think I finished the game and I'm a little underwhelmed if I'm honest.

I just got the final ending and there was no scene after the forced credits. I just thought there would be a lot more to this. Motivations as to why Delta brought Eric and Mira aren't convincing at all, especially Eric. I don't think it was explained how Mira was up and awake when she killed Sigma and Diana.

Delta is part of the group that made the first Zero's escape game right? Why? That's never really explained.

I don't really understand how Delta was part of Q team. Was Q always called Sean and we played Delta whenever we were part of Q team? Even though we made Sean's choices? I'm a bit lost.

Weren't Clover and Alice supposed to be in this game in some quantity? I'm sure I read that in the VLR q&a.

I just don't really buy the ending. How does Delta even know about the terrorist? He can't travel into the future to find that information out. He can't shift. Wouldn't it have been better for him to have contacted Crash Keys and Seven's agency to work together to find this terrorist? Sure he wouldn't be born but if his true objective was to save the world from this "terrorist", this seems a poor way to go about it. And why in the world does he think Mira and Eric are evenly remotely capable of helping the rest of the team? They are both clearly mentally unhinged.

Maybe I've missed something massive? I checked my achievements and I have everyone except the one about collecting all the files. Would those answer my questions? Or did I miss a super secret true ending somehow? I am surprised there was no epilogue as I wanted to know what happened
between Junpei and Akane, Carlos and his sister, Sigma and his new family etc.
. Definitely underwhelmed.

bilas

Banned
I think I finished the game and I'm a little underwhelmed if I'm honest.

I just got the final ending and there was no scene after the forced credits. I just thought there would be a lot more to this. Motivations as to why Delta brought Eric and Mira aren't convincing at all, especially Eric. I don't think it was explained how Mira was up and awake when she killed Sigma and Diana.

Delta is part of the group that made the first Zero's escape game right? Why? That's never really explained.

I don't really understand how Delta was part of Q team. Was Q always called Sean and we played Delta whenever we were part of Q team? Even though we made Sean's choices? I'm a bit lost.

Weren't Clover and Alice supposed to be in this game in some quantity? I'm sure I read that in the VLR q&a.

I just don't really buy the ending. How does Delta even know about the terrorist? He can't travel into the future to find that information out. He can't shift. Wouldn't it have been better for him to have contacted Crash Keys and Seven's agency to work together to find this terrorist? Sure he wouldn't be born but if his true objective was to save the world from this "terrorist", this seems a poor way to go about it. And why in the world does he think Mira and Eric are evenly remotely capable of helping the rest of the team? They are both clearly mentally unhinged.

Maybe I've missed something massive? I checked my achievements and I have everyone except the one about collecting all the files. Would those answer my questions? Or did I miss a super secret true ending somehow? I am surprised there was no epilogue as I wanted to know what happened
between Junpei and Akane, Carlos and his sister, Sigma and his new family etc.
. Definitely underwhelmed.

There is aditional files for Q-Team and C-Team explaining post-game stuff! Go to the Quest menu and check your files

As for Mira, Zero said she didn't have any drug to forget the memories and she could walk around with no problem

As for the other things...I don't know

sojour

So, I just got into this game today.

Am I doing something wrong? Why are all the puzzles (that I've done so far) so blurry to me (on 3DS version)? I don't remember it being zoomed out so far in VLR or 999 (especially with the
card
puzzle in the
REC room
).

I also remember in VLR, you were able to put files on the top screen as you do a puzzle. Does it not exist in this game?

Fluxdyne

So, I just got into this game today.

Am I doing something wrong? Why are all the puzzles (that I've done so far) so blurry to me (on 3DS version)? I don't remember it being zoomed out so far in VLR or 999 (especially with the
card
puzzle in the
REC room
).

I also remember in VLR, you were able to put files on the top screen as you do a puzzle. Does it not exist in this game?
Yeah, the 3DS version has quite blurry textures and suffer bit from the low 3DS resolution. You are not doing anything wrong. To be fair though, that puzzle in that room is the worst part of the game in that aspect.

The files on top thing unfortunately doesn't exist in this game. It was actually buggy in VLR in at least one situation (if you open a note on a puzzle, you can't see what was originally on the top screen anymore, and that is sometimes necessary), but I don't know if that's the reason they removed it.

Are there any good sources for puzzle help yet? Nothing on GameFAQs and it's rough going through all the pages of this thread looking for a single room.

D-Team Healing room:

I give up trying to find out where the tumbler goes. Halp! Lol

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out instantly after posting.

theecakee

Anyone know who voices English Carlos or where to find a list of actors that do? I haven't been able to find any English lists, but just saw and episode of House with a guy who sounded a lot like Carlos lol.

Wanted to get some closure haha.

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone know who voices English Carlos or where to find a list of actors that do? I haven't been able to find any English lists, but just saw and episode of House with a guy who sounded a lot like Carlos lol.

Wanted to get some closure haha.

Carlos is uncredited so I doubt we'll ever know who voiced him for sure unless whoever it was comes forward in the future.

BowieZ

Banned
Carlos is uncredited so I doubt we'll ever know who voiced him for sure unless whoever it was comes forward in the future.
I wanna say he sounds like this B-list actor (relatively good-looking and kinda dudebro) from the late 90s-early 00s who starred in a couple of disaster movies and such, and in a sitcom kinda like Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place but (a) for the life of me I cannot think of his name; and (b) I'm sure it's not him, as there'd be no reason for him to be uncredited and he'd be late 40s at youngest now anyway.

Kinsei

Banned
Wait, how does a VA go uncredited in a modern game? That's strange as hell.

They didn;t want their name in the credits for whatever reason. For example Eric's voice actor is Keith Silverstein but in the credits he goes by the alias David Roach.

Junpei is also uncredited but his voice actor came forward on Facebook.

It's probably due to union issues. That's the reason why Anthony Del Rio (The voice of Pit in Smash and Percy & Silas in Fire Emblem Fates) is uncredited in Smash 4 and FE: Fates.

It's probably due to union issues. That's the reason why Anthony Del Rio (The voice of Pit in Smash and Percy & Silas in Fire Emblem Fates) is uncredited in Smash 4 and FE: Fates.

That's precisely it. As a member of the union, you're not supposed to take non-union jobs. The workaround for this is to just do it anyway under a pseudonym or anonymously. It happens rather transparently all the time, but I guess the timber of Carlos's voice is just under the radar of recognizably. Maybe he doesn't do a lot of videogame work.

nny

My physical copy finally arrived, and as a Carlos, the beginning of the game has been quite weird, with the characters seemingly talking directly to me.

gdt

Just completely finished VLR and got all the endings. Oh fuuuuuuuuck that was incredible. Can't wait to start this tomorrow...on PC.

Skii

Well after finishing the game and going back

Reading the files did lead to some closure but I wanted to see Junpei and Akane after the games. They are the two most important characters in the series, the two constants and they don't even bother doing a nice scene to wrap up their arc. Very annoyed.

And I guess it's nice that Mira realised she's a psychopath but it does seem a bit convenient. Especially her needing to redeem herself by sending a copy back in time to prevent her becoming a serial killer.

I do hope this unknown terrorist leads to another game being made. The likes of Clover and Snake could feature in a potential sequel. It's unlikely but I guess it leaves enough there if another company decides to produce another game.

I do think this game is weaker than the first two. They were something special but this is still a worthy end to trilogy.

gdt

So quick question.

Is this old man Sigma or young Sigma consciousness that I'm meeting at the beginning? He seems a little mean right now.

Soriku

So quick question.

Is this old man Sigma or young Sigma consciousness that I'm meeting at the beginning? He seems a little mean right now.

He's the Sigma you play as in VLR, but now old and having gone back in time to his younger body.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So quick question.

Keep playing, it'll be explained pretty early on a couple of times.

Bit more than an hour in, and I ain't feeling it- Partly due to knowing most of the cast, partly due to the atrocious presentation, partly due to the boring bomb shelter, partly due to repeatedly hearing that the ending (and ZTD overall) is shit, partly due to not much happening so far save for character introductions.

Smellycat

Hey guys, I wanted to avoid coming to this thread for spoiler purposes. I am still playing the game and I am definitely stuck. I can't figure out what I am supposed to do. The only thing that I can do is
input the password for central computer for team Q' force quite
segment and I have already completed the other 2 similar segments. I have no clue what the password is. I know it is s bunch of numbers. I am assuming it is a
date, so I tried to input the twins birthday and 4/12/2029 which is supposed to be some kind of ceremony
but neither one worked. I am assuming if I already encountered the number then
Q would have had a flashback or something
if I guessed the wrong number, right? Any hints without spoilers?

Thanks

Also on a separate note I got the
perceptive ending after I put two and two together and it ruined Q's real name lol I don't think I am supposed to know that yet

Narroo

Hey guys, I wanted to avoid coming to this thread for spoiler purposes. I am still playing the game and I am definitely stuck. I can't figure out what I am supposed to do. The only thing that I can do is
input the password for central computer for team Q' force quite
segment and I have already completed the other 2 similar segments. I have no clue what the password is. I know it is s bunch of numbers. I am assuming it is a
date, so I tried to input the twins birthday and 4/12/2029 which is supposed to be some kind of ceremony
but neither one worked. I am assuming if I already encountered the number then
Q would have had a flashback or something
if I guessed the wrong number, right? Any hints without spoilers?

Thanks

Also on a separate note I got the
perceptive ending after I put two and two together and it ruined Q's real name lol I don't think I am supposed to know that yet

Nope; you get the numbers in a different timeline rather explicitly.

Smellycat

Nope; you get the numbers in a different timeline rather explicitly.

hmmm...that is what I thought, but I can't remember ever getting something like that. I know that when I got
vive hodie
that was pretty explicit, so I figured that this one would be similar. I will have to revisit some cutscenes I guess. Thanks

Top Bottom