• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Producer

On a unrelated note, I had to laugh how much Universal Park prices in Hollywood rose over the summer.

It was at $30ish for years and they couldn't give them away and now it's around $90 because Hogwarts is open. Well, I suppose they can justify the $60+ price increase just because of that.

Wow thats crazy. Dont even wanna know the year pass price lol. I haven't went since around the time they replaced the Back to the Future ride with the Simpsons one.

vulva

The movie was just pretty bland and uninteresting. Spoilered below but honestly I don't really give anything away, I just know people can be finnicky over spoilers and I want to respect their wishes.

The Strange character felt like a retread of Tony Stark but with magic instead of technology. The development of the conflict just never felt interesting or threatening since the main villain just felt like some tool. Strange deals with the typical "I don't want this" conflict in a coin drop moment that just feels like a hiccup rather than development. The final villain is so hugely ominous that there's no way to effectively create a sense of excitement or danger since his threat is so abstract. The final battle is a pretty dumb gimmick, but at least it's accurate to the mvc games, a boring infinite where the viewer loses interest quickly until it's over. Also the really lazy way of tying it in to the rest of the Avengers story stuff was pretty stupid.

You can basically see why this was never a premiere franchise within Marvel, it's just derivative but about magic instead of super powers.

It looked pretty cool at times, seeing a real life looking MC Escher painting is neat, if not a bit reptitive over the film.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
re: the "i don't want this" conflict, i saw Bleed For This at the CIFF and thought the inversion of that conflict was the best part of the movie
it's like if peter parker really wanted to be spiderman but no one else wanted it and it made everyone really uncomfortable

vulva

re: the "i don't want this" conflict, i saw Bleed For This at the CIFF and thought the inversion of that conflict was the best part of the movie
it's like if peter parker really wanted to be spiderman but no one else wanted it and it made everyone really uncomfortable

I'm gonna check that out when it comes out. It looks pretty cool.

CO_Andy

I'll just get the PC version of XV whenever its available. I do want to grab a PS4 at some point to play some of the system exclusives.

Just found out CVS2 is playable online thru Demul (originally looked up Dolphin online play). I wonder what other communities are out there for the Dreamcast's expansive fighting library?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The Pro will get interesting when games arrive and look or feel drastically different. Can't see any of that for fighting games yet. We'll see.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
hFoFODT.jpg

Why doesnt sf5 have a glossary

I'm getting a Pro. I was going to get my nephew a PS4, but since the Pro is coming out I used it as a opportunity to get a new and improved PS4 while handing down my old PS4 to my nephew. Yeah that's kind of shitty of me to do that instead of buying him a brand new one. But at least he's getting one.

I also bought a new 4K TV recently and been watching a ton of stuff in 4K including SFV(PC). It doesn't look as amazing as Battlefield 1 with Ultra settings, 4k, 60fps but it still looks pretty damn good. Capcom is going to keep updating the game for years to come. They better get around to doing a Pro update with some improved graphics and 4K support(native or checkers, I'll take either) because my 1050 ti isn't going to play SFV at 4k, 60fps, at high settings.

Neoxon

I'm getting a Pro. I was going to get my nephew a PS4, but since the Pro is coming out I used it as a opportunity to get a new and improved PS4 while handing down my old PS4 to my nephew. Yeah that's kind of shitty of me to do that instead of buying him a brand new one. But at least I'm doing it.

I also bought a new 4K TV recently and been watching a ton of stuff in 4K including SFV. It doesn't look as amazing as Battlefield 1 with Ultra settings, 4k, 60fps but it still looks pretty damn good. Capcom is going to keep updating the game for years to come. They better get around to doing a Pro update with some improved graphics and 4K support(native or checkers, I'll take either).
I feel like Pro Upgrades may be part of the big start-of-Season 2 update after the Capcom Cup.

How big of an effect the commercial failure of sfv had on fgc? I mean viewership is down, game not selling well aka not bringing in newer players. I know tournament participation is up from sfiv era. But I think not having enough appeal to casual the people who just play for fun and watch twitch may hurt the fgc from growing into something even remotely close to LoL or CS level. What you guys think?

I was planning on getting a second PS4 so I could move mine permanently into my arcade cabinet. Due to the Neo rumors I held off. So I'm getting a Pro and moving my PS4 into my arcade cabinet

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
i guess i was on the waiting list for the FFXV ultimate collectors edition? i have 48 hours to decide - should i dunk $270 on a game i don't really care about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom