• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Fastest-Selling Nintendo Game in Americas

oh,i thought it "sold",someone in twitter said that and put a graph and something.

I guess that someone misunderstood Nintendo statement since no way he(she?) gets the data worldwide waaay earlier than others, unless of course being briefed by Nintendo themself

Interfectum

Nintendo back in the mainstream mindshare. Mario Run is going to do gangbusters on iOS and lead into Switch selling a shitload off the Nintendo brand alone.

If half the people saying that they will wait for the Switch actually buy it, Nintendo will need to make a fuckton of Switches.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If half the people saying that they will wait for the Switch actually buy it, Nintendo will need to make a fuckton of Switches.

I'm betting Nintendo was wishing this was a launch title.

Maxinas

makes me wonder two things about pokemon's performance next year:

-will there be any major spikes in Go's performance (gameplay changes, new pokemon), since that has shown benefits for the regular games' sales

- how will stars do? it's been so long since we got a regular old third version.

Third versions always sell less regardless. Though if the switch is a home run, and the game itself improves on sun/moon, then it will sell well. Yellow Version still leads with 14.4 million sales, with Black2/White2 in second with about 8.5 million, though including Yellow is a bit unfair considering it was released at the peak of pokemon popularity.

Interfectum

That primarily matters if they feel they can't generate enough interest to sell their launch shipment with existing titles.

Yeah. If I had to guess Switch may not be an easy system to get outside of a pre-order at launch. (Assuming they show the goods at the January reveal.)

Really no need for Pokémon at launch. It'll be needed once launch hype goes away.

AdanVC

Pokémon Go effect or not, this is insaneeee. 85% more than X and Y holy crupp! This plus the money of Pokémon Go... TPC is literally swimming in money right now D: 2016 has been the best year of Pokémon since the original phenomenom back on late 90s.

Nintendo back in the mainstream mindshare. Mario Run is going to do gangbusters on iOS and lead into Switch selling a shitload off the Nintendo brand alone.

I think a lot of Switch's success will come down to how much software Nintendo has ready during its launch window (first 3-6 months). If they have a lot of projects ready to go, it's going to be incredibly successful.

Not surprised. Sun/Moon are great in story and characters. The region is underwhelming in that it is super small but I still loved it. It is one of the best pokemon games in a really long time but I'm hoping Stars fleshes out the story more and such because I loved every bit of it. Pokemon was always on top, imo but now it is even more on top.

Kathian

Banned
So basically Pokémon Go is bringing the profit in the traditional games sector? Expect this to be Nintendo's strategy for now until forever.

Bruno MB

Japan - 2.3 million (10 days)
US - 3.7 million (10 - 12 days)
Europe - 1.5 million (5 days)

Total - 7.5 million.

Bog

Junior Ace
i got it and my last pokemon was yellow. It helps that my current gf is into pokemon too so we can play together

You should let her read that post and report back.

Anyway, insane numbers. Demo was fun enough.

Things are looking pretty good for Nintendo in the run up to a critical hardware launch. There's a lot riding on that January conference now.

Menitta

Not surprised. Pokemon games always do well, but more people than ever are interested in Pokemon. They did a damn good job celebrating the 20th anniversary.

Sheeeeeeeiiitt. So it totally surpassed CoD sales, right? First #1 NPD for Nintendo in years!

NPD does revenue so probably not, but I've never been more interested in COD numbers than for IW.

Top Bottom