• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Sorian

Banned
I clicked multi quote things but my phone didn't seem to care so I'll just do it blind.

Natiko, I would hardly call it sticking your foot in your mouth. Aside from some fools, that one "screw up" cleared you as not being scum completely.

Bronx trying to follow along with Persona talk seems genuine.

Kawl, I feel like you are spending a lot of effort to justify this cabot vote at this point. I understand people keep poking at that (Sophia) and I would question that if I thought you were town but I feel like town Kawl would have told her to go fly a kite and just moved off it already.

Ty, I feel like your list was lazy, I read it and feel like it was done for busy work more than anything. Which matches up with your scum game, if I remember right, you used to come back in after a little hiatus and try to form up a nice generic reads list each time.

Ty4on

Ty, I feel like your list was lazy, I read it and feel like it was done for busy work more than anything. Which matches up with your scum game, if I remember right, you used to come back in after a little hiatus and try to form up a nice generic reads list each time.

The timing fits for being busy work, but I've had those thoughts since last night and wanted to post them.

I should be here for a while tho.
Could you elaborate why you went after Kawl? I didn't quite get it.

franconp

I'm looking at the bottom of the post list and we have this:

-MagnumBoy20xx (2 post): He didn't say anything. Both post are just fluff. Not even a small opinion on the game. Nada.

-Ynnek7 (2 post since the game started): The first post was only fluff. Just answering Melon questions. The second gave a few reads but nothing important. Even planted excuses for a future low activity.

-Pop-O-Matic (2 post since game start): Also full of nothing. Made a vote on Sophia based on nothing and the second is an answer to a joke. Between both post it has less than 15 words.

-AbsolutBro (3 post since game start): The first one was an excuse for low activity. The second one it's a long post, but if you read it closely it doesn't say anything. Mostly coasting. The 3rd one was about a mistake he made in the previous post.

-StanleyPalmtree (5 post since game start): Stan made several post but all of them are jokes, there is no reads or insight. Only coasting.

-Kyan (10 post since game start): All of the post are fluff and jokes, nothing to work with. A lot of coasting. Just a small reading on acohrs.

I need to do some more rereading to get some coherency to my thoughts but I think we can all agree that balgajo is the MVP of this game. Entirely sums up my state of mind,

"What is going on with this thread?"

Also, Cabot, I answered your dumb question would be nice if you followed up ever.

Or not. I really don't care.

Natiko

Banned
Thanks for that rundown franconp. Those posting fluff only do seem suspicious. I can't say a ton though since I haven't posted an exhaustive reads list but I've tried to analyze some stuff. I'll do a full list closer to day end when I can get a better feel for everyone. Right now it would be a bunch of neutral reads.

cabot

Always you, Doctor.

But, um, let's see.

I'm disappointed in Splinter's one post of nothing, Ynnek also had a blink and you miss it post that did answer my questions but nothing about the game and Nin has been engaging in questions and participating regularly which strikes me as a little off. He's a bit to coherent for the beginning of a game.

Would like to hear more from Sophia, like in general.

Don't like this Sorian kid. But that's more personal meta than game.

Oh, also acohrs seems fun.

Don't see a question here, buddy.

Sorian

Banned
The timing fits for being busy work, but I've had those thoughts since last night and wanted to post them.

I should be here for a while tho.
Could you elaborate why you went after Kawl? I didn't quite get it.

Came in to the thread to basically say hi, said his top votes at the moment were Sophia or I which seemed like a weird top tier to have since Sophia was bashing on me at the time, followed up with a joke vote to cabot instead, when called on choosing us two kind of ignored the question and kind of played it more as a "well I would vote them based on their playstyle, not anything in this game" and has generally been very defensive on both that point and his own cabot vote.

The biggest issue I have with this is, if you had no real meaning, I'm not sure why you felt obligated to have a vote out.
Because this is gafia where players get called out for posting too much, not posting enough, voting, not voting, unvoting and not having a vote at all times.

Hi
AbsolutBro made a big post with lot's of nothing, scummy
-AbsolutBro (3 post since game start): The first one was an excuse for low activity. The second one it's a long post, but if you read it closely it doesn't say anything. Mostly coasting. The 3rd one was about a mistake he made in the previous post.
I swear every game I'm in these are the same comments I get. D1 is my weak spot. I don't like going off D1 gut feelings, even though eventually I will get a vote down. It's also the weekend, and I have farm stuff to do that I cannot do when I'm working during the week.

sorians agression, while i cant say i really agree with a single point he has made, is geting a lot more talking going, so thats helpful. day 1 is usually very scarce, so its nice that everyone is kinda getting their voices out there, even if their points are pointless, the intent and attitude behind them are very useful to hear.

Acohrs? Acorhs? Achtol- dog person is playing the *im new at this and you all sound like crazy people so take pity on me card* (yes, some of that is me projecting) and to be honest i think im buying it, for now at least. most thanks to them continuing to be somewhat outspoken in the face of their mistakes, rather than hiding away.

VOTE: Cabot

this just made my morning (well, 2pm, but thats morning to me damnit!), also i have to think its the towniest thing i have seen all game.

I'm looking at the bottom of the post list and we have this:

-StanleyPalmtree (5 post since game start): Stan made several post but all of them are jokes, there is no reads or insight. Only coasting.
friend, if you disregard every point i make just because there is also a joke in there then you are gonna miss like half of what i say.

now that everybody has stopped crowding him, Bronx man is finally willing to talk about things that are not Bronxman, dreams really do come true!
that is also a yes please and thankyou on the chocolate milkshakes.

and finally Pop still hasnt chimed in, and pod-votes seem to be all the rage.

vote: Pop-O-Matic

mate, makada noises from your mouthhole, please.

Can you tell me why?

Your own reasons please.

its nothing big, "towniest thing" being a really low bar right now.

blundering into an intense discussion like that, for apparently no more reason than a joke, just strikes me as a really bad play for scum.

its nothing against you cabbey, if thats what you were thinking.

Ty4on

I ask to initiate discussion, man.

Came an, San,
The initial activity is making alarm bells go off for me. It's not just because I wanted activity, but there's not a whole lot being discussed. I've not helped the activity, sorry, I woke up tired today.

I'm not sure how to really fix it or if it tells us anything. The initial fluff maybe? That's something scum likes to latch onto in my experience.

Ty4on

anyway enough banter, time to get serious.

*clears throat*

Attention all scum, if you would just reveal who you are and who your colleagues are, I promise that you will not by lynched*! We will also give you hobnobs and tea*. All you have to do is just reveal yourselves!

* - disclaimer: hobnobs, tea, and not being lynched are not actually guaranteed parts of this offer
What is your experience with mafia?

If this is your first game as town, what is different from playing as scum?

Ty4on

First, I don't for the life of my know what NAI is supposed to be and Ty is ignoring me and he usually tells me stuff so I can function at playing mafia.
<3
We gotta talk together tomorrow

We need something to talk about:
-What do you think about Sorian/Sophia and Sorian/Kawl?
-What do you make of Acohrs asking magnum about pineapple on pizza too?
Wait... "too scared"? Where did that come from?

That really does not describe what I remember about Bronx's behavior in Pokemon Mafia, at any rate. :

Vote: Sorian

I don't like this narrative you've started on Bronx, Sorian. Just because you've seen or done a specific play itself, doesn't mean that Bronx is (intentionally or otherwise) pushing such a play. And the fact that you keep adding the modifier of both "scum and town" to it really seems like you're trying to downplay it with an element of "Well, this could be a scum action..."
I haven't tunneled on you. Not sure if that is good or bad.

-Have you made an attempt to read Nin? If so what was it?
-Your Sorian read is interesting, but feels a little shallow. Could you elaborate a bit more?
You seemed more confident with your analysis in Persona, perhaps because you weren't as worried about people's opinions of you. It could be nothing, might just be that the evidence was stronger before. Still worth noting though.
I don't like this post, feels overly confident.

Who are you worried about, Natiko?

Ty4on

If I hadn't been this tired I could've made this my blog.

Fwiw Melonrabbit's tone is quite townie. Her fluff and response to fluff didn't seem very scummy either. By scummy I think bandwagoning instead of initiating and adding some faux analysis for brownie points.

Natiko

Banned
I'm on mobile right now Ty but once I get to my pc soon I'll read everything again and name whoever jumps out the most either way. Like I said before lots of neutral reads right now but maybe a reread will change it some.

Sophia

I haven't tunneled on you. Not sure if that is good or bad.

-Have you made an attempt to read Nin? If so what was it?
-Your Sorian read is interesting, but feels a little shallow. Could you elaborate a bit more?

I dunno if it's good or bad from a gameplay standpoint, but it sure does feel bad not to tango with you.

Define shallow for the Sorian read? It's pretty much a day 1 observation on his logic, which I don't like.

As for Nin, I haven't made much attempt to read him until you asked just here. Early on, he did a lot of question proposing.

@Sorian

Its been ages since we last played a game. Please elaborate some more on all the issues that are pressing.

Thanks.
@CCS
Who are you ? What are you trying to achieve in this game ?
Ok Franconp.

Lets assume you are saying the truth, the absolute thruth.

How can i start improving our relationship ?
We had several games where i did not trust you and in the end i was wrong ( like almost , if not , every time ). But this time i want to see if my gut tells me the truth.
What are you willing to do in order not to lose this game ? Or even worse, lose all credibility.

Not really alignment indicative, but he's putting himself out there. Some of the questions feel a bit fluffy to me tho, but I've done the same so...

These observations of Bronx was interesting.

No, its because that he usually is more of a scared person. This time around he is bold and that is making some people curious as why that is.
The couple of times you got killed because you were too scare to respond to accusation that were made.

I never really got the impression that Bronx was ever a "scared person." When we Day 1 lynched in a past game him he was more passive-aggressive, and even called out my (admittedly correct) bullshit.

You're full of DooDoo. We have still over 2 days to talk. Usually I would be for the lynch if the most inactive players but we are still very early into day 1 so I would rather put more weight into generating discussion about whatever else comes into our small minds.

All in all I do not agree with least inactive lynch for now.

And then there's this, where he wants to lynch inactives for Day 1. Not sure what to make of that, but it's a pretty common stance.

There's a handful of other responses and opinions of his I want to look over. He's definitely trying to be active, but I'm not sure how much of it is substance yet. He's definitely put out some opinions, tho. So he's a null read in terms of alignment.

I haven't looked over all of his posts either, so it's possible I missed something.

Yeeedawg

Stanley is a slow silent killer
Flys under the radar till the stunna of a play

Good old GAFia 2.5. The day shot that won the game and awed the world of GAFia. :p

Sophia

Or I guess another way to sum up my stance on Nin is: "He feels more proactive then usual, but nothing else super stands out."

Ty4on

Oh right, Gafia 2.5 miracle making us look even more terrible.

@Sophia I wanted to know if you had more of a read on Sorian than pushes Bronx too much and kinda cautiously.

Sophia

Oh right, Gafia 2.5 miracle making us look even more terrible.

@Sophia I wanted to know if you had more of a read on Sorian than pushes Bronx too much and kinda cautiously.

Ah, I see. Not significantly. That's why I asked about Sorian's aggressiveness and seeing how he responds to Kawl.

Sorian

Banned
VOTE: Ty4on

Bronx quieting down once he lost my attention is noted and my Kawl vote was mostly bluster though I am serious that what he tried to do in his entrance bothered me. This is my next stop though, this attempt at playing feels too fake to me. For an extra read, I think I like Stanley so far? Not really sure yet but gut says he's normal.

Bronx-Man

Banned
VOTE: Ty4on

Bronx quieting down once he lost my attention is noted and my Kawl vote was mostly bluster though I am serious that what he tried to do in his entrance bothered me. This is my next stop though, this attempt at playing feels too fake to me. For an extra read, I think I like Stanley so far? Not really sure yet but gut says he's normal.
What's coming off as fake about Ty for you?

CzarTim

Sophia's contributions have been good this last page or so.

vote: MagnumBoy20xx

Please contribute something meaningful mag

Natiko

Banned
Slightly Lean Town
Ty4on – I think his posts are good and well thought out. He seems like he’s trying to help town. Probably my strongest town read currently.

Franconp – I think he has made some solid posts so far, but mainly has not shared enough opinions yet for me to get a stronger feel on him. Still, more positive than negative here.

Bronx-Man – I think he handled the pressure well early on. Hasn’t shared a ton of opinions so far though so I don’t have a super strong read on him either.

CzarTim – He has spent most of his posts trying to analyze others and sharing opinions that seem useful for town. This is another one that I feel I need more opinions from to truly know one way or the other but right now his effort seems genuine.

CCS – This one is a bit of a gut read, but it feels like he is town and just unsure of his thoughts still. His debut game didn’t go super well so that could contribute to his sheepishness. The possible vanilla claim was a bit out of nowhere, hoping it was more of a joke than anything.

Cabot – Again a bit of a gut read, but I do think he has been contributing some. Could easily slip down to neutral though. Would like to see more opinions on others to get a better feel.

Neutral
Sophia – Has shared some good opinions, been active, but has also made some very strange remarks. Post 462 sticks out to me as an odd one.

Sorian – He’s mainly here due to how aggressive he is. It’s hard to read play that aggressive without knowing some more alignments from those he is targeting.

Kawl_USC – For how much he has posted it feels like he has shared almost nothing of value. Just a whole lot of arguing about how all of his posts are meaningless thus far. If he is town he’s not helping us get anywhere right now.

StanleyPalmtree – His posts feel like fluff. His agreement that his posts are fluff is also a bit odd. No strong feelings right now.

*Splinter – I think he has shared some useful opinions for town, but the vote on cabot with no explanation feels off to me especially since he thought Cabot’s play was normal previously. Reserving judgement for now.

Ynnek7 – Not active, can’t get a read at this point.

MagnumBoy20xx – Not active, can’t get a read at this point.

Pop-O-Matic – Not active, can’t get a read at this point.

AbsolutBro – Not active, can’t get a read at this point.

Slightly Lean Scum
Acohrs – His play has varied wildly so far. Has cast a couple suspect votes, quickly wanting to abandon the Magnum one despite there being no strong reason to as Magnum has not shared any opinions and has only posted twice (Posts 277, 326, 363, 404). Says he is just “having fun” (post 469) which is what he did as he casually cruised to a win in his last game. Feels like maybe he’s just trying to pull that off a second time but struggling to do it as well in a game with more activity and having to do so on day one as a game starter and not a replacement a couple day phases in.

Kyanrute – He has not bothered to share many opinions, and about the only one he has was on acohrs and comes off as very wishy washy to me (post 448). His comment about being the lost partner would be a bad gambit if he was a lost partner but could be a smart one if he isn’t as a fellow scum flip would make his comment look even more jokey. I just don’t like how his posts feel at all. Post 438 saying he thinks Ty has a good role seemed like potential fishing as well.

Nin1000 – So in posts 304 and 315 he parrots off of Sorian’s initial comment about Bronx “playing scared” from post 289. Sorian I believe has not actually played with Bronx before and many others came along and corrected his claim that Bronx typically plays scared, which makes nin’s eagerness to chime in with the same comment seem that much more off. In post 401 he then says he understands why Sorian wanted to “push out” Bronx which reads off to me too. Then to culminate it he shares his only strong argument in post 433 against acohrs and it’s not even directly about acohrs. Just hasn’t shared much in the way of real opinions overall either.

Melonrabbit – This is my most unsure scum lean of them all. In post 328 and 345 says a couple different people wouldn’t be their first pick for a lynch but does not bother to share what they actually think as far as that goes. In post 423 she lists a bunch of fluff reads that don’t give us much, gives a pass on acohrs which at that point already seems a bit odd given their play so far. Post 451 parrot’s Kyan’s wishy washy post that takes no real stance on acohrs. Just doesn’t feel like very genuine play so far.

You wanted thoughts Ty, you got 'em lol Obviously things will change, it's early on but after going through all the posts so far and taking some notes this is the result as of now.

TLDR:

Slightly Lean Town
Ty4on
Franconp
Bronx-Man
CzarTim
CCS
Cabot

Neutral
Sophia
Sorian
Kawl_USC
StanleyPalmtree
*Splinter
Ynnek7
MagnumBoy20xx
Pop-O-Matic
AbsolutBro

Slightly Lean Scum
Acohrs
Kyanrute
Nin1000
Melonrabbit

Natiko

Banned
That all being said

VOTE: acohrs

I feel the case against you is best currently. I also think your flip will be the most beneficial for town given of all the players we may very well have the most opinions shared about you.

acohrs

What is your experience with mafia?

If this is your first game as town, what is different from playing as scum?

2nd ever game, first from the start. Difference from playing as scum so far, well tbh it's a lot harder haha. Scum you know the teams divided perfectly minus neutral, but neutral was already gone. Here, well you're trying to catch onto slips and suspicions, but since there's been no lynching or votes, it's very hard to link actions to peeps. Were just going on words and he say/she say, and as a famous poet once said words are cheap.

I stick by what I said earlier although as pointed out correctly, I probably said it too soon. Think today is about looking at who is not participating or even speaking. With no actions to go on yet, I still think it would be easiest for Scum to just coast and post less. Less posts = higher chance of not making a mistake and being caught.

On the flip side, after playing with Saw, I could also see a player like Sorian being Scum. Early on become a loud townie that helps shape opinions. Now is the perfect time to do it as all we have is theories and words. After a few days and some lynches and NKs then you can look at the trail of the dead and start to make some real connections. But now it's all just down to who can control the narrative of the thread so far.

Haven't decided yet which way I'd vote though, will wait until later on in the day phase and hope there's more evidence to play with.

Also,

200_s.gif

Morning all!

acohrs

That all being said

VOTE: acohrs

I feel the case against you is best currently. I also think your flip will be the most beneficial for town given of all the players we may very well have the most opinions shared about you.

TBF based on my posts and mistakes yesterday I completely get the case against me so can't fault you there. However, I would argue that I've made myself an easy target by making N00B mistakes rather than being caught out. Said more in my defence yesterday but you do what you got to do man.

nin1000

Banned
And then there's this, where he wants to lynch inactives for Day 1. Not sure what to make of that, but it's a pretty common stance.

Just wanted to correct you that that was not was I was saying in that post.
I thought I made myself clear that the idea of killing inactives on day 1 was a idea full of DooDoo.

Ty4on

You wanted thoughts Ty, you got 'em lol Obviously things will change, it's early on but after going through all the posts so far and taking some notes this is the result as of now.
You still feel very different from Persona. What is different to you in this game? Like what are you doing here that you weren't in Persona etc?

Ty4on

I will probably be inactive too. Depends on how work is and activity here.

Actually, I missed that post, but doesn't paying attention to who has a PR on day one strike you as more scummy than townie?

This is also a weird thing to say. Splint maybe wrote half a paragraph on sophia without a vote then completely dropped it.

Vote: Ty4on

Is there anything else behind your vote?

Top Bottom