• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

nin1000

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

YES

nin1000

Banned
i hope i did not offend anyone in this game.
You know its all in the game.
No hard feelings and all.
Just pure love from my part.

yours

nin 3.0

well that was something.

i wanna apologies for my extremely lacking play while i was still here, real life happened in bucket loads, and i kept thinking it would slow down and i would be able to make u for lost time, but it never did, bronx granting me the sweet release of death was honestly a bit of a relief.

a thousand apologies.

SkyOdin

Congrats to the mafia team and nin1000 on winning! Also, I have to applaud Sawneeks and LP for seeing this game through. I am sorry I burnt out during the planning stages, but I am happy that you kept some of my ideas. I hope that everyone enjoyed the game.

Congrats to the mafia team and nin1000 on winning! Also, I have to applaud Sawneeks and LP for seeing this game through. I am sorry I burnt out during the planning stages, but I am happy that you kept some of my ideas. I hope that everyone enjoyed the game.
Sky-O!

:D

Come play with us again when your burnout has dissipated ! We miss you!

Bronx-Man

Banned
Lol at ascetic SK

Lol at Bronx actually thinking I was scum? Or just spooped that I was going to lynch him.

When you spend an entire D1 claiming shitposts are a scumtell, that looks like a reach from a scummate in my eyes

but then again, my eyes are trash

Sawneeks

Banned

Don't worry about it, Sky. Thanks for starting the whole thing out with us, hope you come back soon and play another game again. c:

Ty4on

Yeah. I think the biggest issue was that there were too many vanilla townies, and we had little protection against the Serial Killer. A commuter or something would have solved the issue. Doctor alone wasn't enough to protect us.

Outside of that, it was pretty balanced I thought. And it had an exciting endgame. \o/

I was a bit too unassertive with my reads this game. I was dealing with restless leg syndrome during part of the game, which make it difficult to concentrate. And of course, I was out entirely for my birthday.

Picture of what was going on when you lynched me all ;_;

Eating out during day end, such a scummy strat...

I don't think you played poorly. I just tunneled, a bit.

We were unlucky the SK only hit town and pretty powerful town at that. The SK can tip the balance both ways. Ascetic vs roleblock tho I feel gave the SK an advantage. It is like a faux godfather because roleblocking is scum's main method of finding the SK. On the other hand I understand the logic behind giving them a slightly higher chance of survival.
I think thief too made things a bit too random. That and the bomb that could've tipped the scales too much.
When you spend an entire D1 claiming shitposts are a scumtell, that looks like a reach from a scummate in my eyes

but then again, my eyes are trash
Scum's goal number one is to look good. Town don't care.

Join us for Zelda Mafia 2. Here's some of the initial reaction to its reveal:

IGN said:
Too much water. Balance it with more fire.

Karkador said:
I think it needs more maps.

RetroMG said:
I doubt it's better than Wand of Gamelon.

Ourobolus said:
Veto. Everything.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Scum's goal number one is to look good. Town don't care.

giphy.gif

When you put it like that, no wonder I had so many people riding my ass the entire game.

The sad part is, I was totally dedicated to being a team player and sacrificing myself if need be going into this game. Then Sawneeks made me a SK and all that went out the window :p

RetroMG

I'm meandering through the thread, and...

Bronx J. Man
@RealBronxMan

Struggling Stanley (one of Retro's least favorite Mafia players) has baselessly insulted my play! Unfair! Gafia is a safe space for all!

Huh? Do people think I really dislike Stan...

Oh. I see what you did there, Mister Trump.

No man.

Retro gave me dibs.

I run Infamous Mafia.

Truth. Melon has dibs.

Zelda Fact of the Day #3: Did you know the only officially licensed Legend of Zelda games to be released on a non-Nintendo console were Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon, Zelda: Faces of Evil, and Zelda's Adventure for the Phillips CD-i? Or that they are also regarded as the worst Zelda games to ever be released and are not recognized as canon by Nintendo? Now you know!

*Bonus: Did you know Retro has beaten Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon? Yeah, we don't know why either.

I know nobody is actually asking, but the answers to this are:

1. Because the Game Grumps were playing it, and I was curious if it was actually that bad. (It is.*)
2. Because whenever someone talks about beating all the Zelda games, there will inevitably be that one asshole who brings up the CDI ones, and I thought it would be neat to be able to say, "Yes, I've beaten those, too."
3. Because it's there.

*Well, kind of. IF you could go back in time and fix a couple of things, like re-do the cutscenes in general, tighten the controls, and change the fact that Zelda doesn't get invincibility frames after getting hit, I think people actually would have loved it. If you can get past those flaws, (and that's a REALLY big if) it's actually a really solid successor to Zelda 2. But the controls and the lack of i-frames make it hugely frustrating to play, and the cutscenes are laughably bad. (But they ARE voice acted. Take that, Fact of the Day #4!)

LTTP: Zelda Mafia

First, thanks everyone for playing. No crazy gambits or voting controversies, so our job was quite easy. Hope you all had fun.

Next, thanks of course to Sawneeks for doing the heavy lifting when it came to moderating. Sure she shot down my totally balanced and reasonable suggestions, but she put up with my late flavour and made sure everything ran smoothly. Thanks time zone buddy!

Balance-wise we actually had a stronger town initially: the backup vendor was town and scum were 3 people. The neutral was a thief who couldn't kill and steal the same night. So I think the final adjustments made town weaker and put too many kills out there. We can attribute part of it to bad luck but generally I think town needed another defensive PR.

I'm pretty bummed about the bomb, but it was always going to be a swingy item and if it actually went off it probably could've ended the game. But it was an idea we had to put in the game, so sorry not sorry. :p

Town MVP: I thought town didn't perform too well, and nothing really stands out besides Splinter's red check. So I guess it's Splinter's.

Scum MVP: I kind of want to give it to Bronx who hit town PR's with unnerving accuracy but I thought AbsolutBro played a good town game that only ended because he was red checked.

Did I miss anything? Thanks to the other mods for helping with mechanics and stuff.

Stay tuned for Zelda Mafia 2 VI.

*Splinter

LTTP: Zelda Mafia

First, thanks everyone for playing. No crazy gambits or voting controversies, so our job was quite easy. Hope you all had fun.

Next, thanks of course to Sawneeks for doing the heavy lifting when it came to moderating. Sure she shot down my totally balanced and reasonable suggestions, but she put up with my late flavour and made sure everything ran smoothly. Thanks time zone buddy!

Balance-wise we actually had a stronger town initially: the backup vendor was town and scum were 3 people. The neutral was a thief who couldn't kill and steal the same night. So I think the final adjustments made town weaker and put too many kills out there. We can attribute part of it to bad luck but generally I think town needed another defensive PR.

I'm pretty bummed about the bomb, but it was always going to be a swingy item and if it actually went off it probably could've ended the game. But it was an idea we had to put in the game, so sorry not sorry. :p

Town MVP: I thought town didn't perform too well, and nothing really stands out besides Splinter's red check. So I guess it's Splinter's.

Scum MVP: I kind of want to give it to Bronx who hit town PR's with unnerving accuracy but I thought AbsolutBro played a good town game that only ended because he was red checked.

Did I miss anything? Thanks to the other mods for helping with mechanics and stuff.

Stay tuned for Zelda Mafia 2 VI.
Nailed it.

Top Bottom