• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

base usually doesn't get bonues like this unless it's for all copies like the Persona 5 day one steelbook. It'll probably be retailer exclusive and appear over the coming weeks

Melchiah

Damn. Was going digital for this but that steel book... don't know if I can justify a double dip for this...

As nice as that looks, I can't justify the incovenience of having to use a disc with a game, that I'm going to play every now and then for a long time. Having a game like Driveclub in a digital form has been much more convenient.

kyser73

As nice as that looks, I can't justify the incovenience of having to use a disc with a game, that I'm going to play every now and then for a long time. Having a game like Driveclub in a digital form has been much more convenient.

This is my dilemma. Generally my physical purchases have been open world games which tend to be the 'game of the moment' until I finish them they stay in the drive and in suspend mode.

Something like this would be better digital fir quick play, but that box is soooooo pretty...

If you find out, let me know. I bet it'll be EB or JB though :/

At least the price on EB's website seems reasonable, assuming they charge the same for both.

Fake edit: Shit, Looks like it is! Sucks they don't actually say whether you'll get one or not, just that it's available "while stocks last".

Also, is this the first look we get of the steelbook?
a6WJaPN.jpg

Now we're talking - that's starting to look like Wipeout art.

TP-DK

This is my dilemma. Generally my physical purchases have been open world games which tend to be the 'game of the moment' until I finish them they stay in the drive and in suspend mode.

Something like this would be better digital fir quick play, but that box is soooooo pretty...

Im actually considering buying both a physical and a digital copy. Which is foolish, but I cant help myself :(

Shaneus

I double dipped on Driveclub and don't regret it for a second. Have a feeling I will on this too, even though I'm not all that into collectables.

Melchiah

It's the same for me with horror games, and one-time experiences in general. Eventhough I ended up playing Bloodborne for nearly a year, I couldn't have gone digital there. Especially as back then they didn't offer digital art like they do now. Now, if I could get soundtracks with digital versions as well, there would be little reason to buy retail anymore.

I double dipped on Driveclub and don't regret it for a second. Have a feeling I will on this too, even though I'm not all that into collectables.

I was very tempted to do that, when Fury was released and WipEout HD was made available on retail in Europe, but I stuck with the digital version. Played it for six years.

Melchiah

Brilliant. I miss Designers Republic.

Btw fellow WipEout fans, if you have not played or heard of Thumper yet, I strongly implore you to try it. To me, it is WipEout's spiritual successor.

Thumper looks and sounds phenomenal, but unfortunately I suck at rhythm games. I couldn't even get past the first boss. :(

meppi

Btw fellow WipEout fans, if you have not played or heard of Thumper yet, I strongly implore you to try it. To me, it is WipEout's spiritual successor.

Really now? That certainly got me interested!
It's coming to Switch as well isn't it? If not I'll grab it on PS4.

Really? I love both games but they are barely comparable in any way.

missile

To german people in here;
Does it makes sense pre-ordering the game in MediaMarkt, Saturn etc. getting
the steelbook edition? Anyone has some experience with MM etc.?

If you find out, let me know. I bet it'll be EB or JB though :/

At least the price on EB's website seems reasonable, assuming they charge the same for both.

Fake edit: Shit, Looks like it is! Sucks they don't actually say whether you'll get one or not, just that it's available "while stocks last".

Also, is this the first look we get of the steelbook?
a6WJaPN.jpg

wtf, this is amazing and I hate steelbook

I'm so conflicted. How many time will I have to buy this game

always keep forgetting that PS3 version of WipEout HD has photomode. Game still looks astonishing:

Yeah, I hooked up my PS3 this afternoon to play some Wipeout HD and MotorStorm Pacific Rift and they BOTH have great photo modes!

I hope the PS4 version retains that feature but I've actually started to be kinda disappointed by how much they're scrapping for this new collection; they've scrapped the intros and menu themes, gutted the soundtracks, removed 3D from HD among other things. These all added a lot to the experience, so I hope what's left is done justice.

VDenter

Banned
Being both a Wipeout and a F Zero fan. I would literally kill for both of these franchises to get a new entry. Why does this genre not get the love it deserves? Will buy this just to send a message even though it will probably not do any good.

Oops, sorry guys I'm not sure where I heard that HAD/Fury's campaigns had been dissolved, but I'm very happy to be proven wrong! Probably should have double checked before whinging. Sorry again :p

Top Bottom