• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshots of Bandai Namco's Code Vein (UE4, consoles, 2018)

Hastati

zBYgH19.jpg

The fur on her hat looks really good here. Not the biggest fan of the environments, kind of wish they were cel-shaded or more painterly or something? Still find it jarring to have anime faces in a non animated looking environment, though I'm aware that's not uncommon.

I like the buddy concept though, this may not end up like a souls game but if it does, I always preferred co-op in those, and a game in a similar style focused on fighting with someone else would be right up my alley.

DMONKUMA

Thought this might be a game that'd run on a Switch, but looks like it'll be a PS4 exclusive.

As someone who enjoyed God Eater on PSP (never tried the sequel) I'm curious about the gameplay. Game looks pretty interesting though.

It's going to be multiplatform most likely.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thought this might be a game that'd run on a Switch, but looks like it'll be a PS4 exclusive.

PS4, X1 and PC, judging from the tags attached to the teaser:

<meta property="og:video:tag" content="PC">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="Playstation 4">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="PS4">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="xbox one">
<meta property="og:video:tag" content="XB1">

(Credit to ctw0e.)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
*sigh*

I guess anime art styles aren't for everyone.

:p

Anime is fine with me, I just don't like their clothes, the enormous collars, the gas masks, the weapon designs, etc. Not dismissing the whole project, just not into the aesthetic so far I guess.

Hastati

*sigh*

I guess anime art styles aren't for everyone.

:p

I mean "anime art styles" is really broad, there's a ton of beautiful art throughout anime and a much larger proportion of complete shit as well. This is honestly kind of bland, or just really..standard. I don't think it's bad, just sort of a bit exhausted stylistically and they could have gone more interesting places with it

Eusis

PS4, X1 and PC, judging from the tags attached to the teaser:

(Credit to ctw0e.)
I half wonder why they didn't bother announcing platforms earlier. Maybe it's reaching the point where if it's a certain kind of game it's going to be a "well, duh?" sort of thing.

If anything the XB1 appearance is the real surprise. But given that this is aiming to be more of an international thing it would make sense to throw it in, especially since by the time it comes out there will be people who want it on Scorpio using that power.

Trago

Anime is fine with me, I just don't like their clothes, the enormous collars, the gas masks, the weapon designs, etc. Not dismissing the whole project, just not into the aesthetic so far I guess.

Yeah, I'm not feeling that hat, but I don't mind the rest of the aesthetic.

Speely

Banned
Love the style, though I do wish it was more aesthetically similar to the teaser. Still looks great, though. Can't wait for gameplay vids.

My biggest worry now is that it'll be ruined by cookie cutter edgy anime story and writing. And I'm pretty sure it will

Hopefully the gameplay is good enough to counter that

ghibli99

For only being about a third-way there, I think it's looking quite good. Will be curious to see how this shapes up!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My biggest worry now is that it'll be ruined by cookie cutter edgy anime story and writing. And I'm pretty sure it will

Hopefully the gameplay is good enough to counter that

Isn't that something you should be expecting by now by the god eater devs? A lot of us eat these things of things up. If you don't take to that kind of thing, obviously its not for you no?

Expecting non 'edgy anime writing' from these kinds of things never made sense to me. When has that ever been subverted? Not that i really know the barometer for what's cool and what's cringy according to certain people

Title says consoles... but which ones?

Unannounced

Isn't that something you should be expecting by now by the god eater devs? A lot of us eat these things of things up. If you don't take to that kind of thing, obviously its not for you no?

Yeah as I said, I am expecting it. And I don't really hate it, just think it's a bit boring. Nothing that makes it unplayable or anything.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Right up my alley. I love God Eater's world design, so this totally jives with me. Can't wait to see gameplay.

It looks like it's ripping off Tokyo Ghoul something fierce.

Vampires, unique 'appendages' they use to fight/suck blood...

Their clothes seem more goth, I guess.
Get the same vibe tbh
Not sure how I feel about the visuals but I'll be there day one if the world and gameplay are solid

Top Bottom