• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil VR title announced for Playstation VR, Video

CEJames

Experience or full game.....doesn't matter. More for VR. BRING IT ALL!!!! VR IS STILL VR!!! A different way of experiencing everything.

And it does look pretty cool. Free too.

JordanN

Banned
Experience or full game.....doesn't matter. More for VR. BRING IT ALL!!!! VR IS STILL VR!!! A different way of experiencing everything.

And it does look pretty cool. Free too.

This.

I love Capcom is backing VR. Maybe they can drop down more IP's. Lost Planet, Mega Man, Dead Rising. I'll buy em.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
While I can see a lot of people being disappointed that this is not an actual game, I think it's a bit cool that the CG studio (interesting it's not made by Capcom indeed) decided to make a VR experience following some zombie in two scenes from the film. It's a bit odd, but I think it's an interesting take for a CG film to make an off-ball VR experience.

It kind of made me think of that Resident Evil music video with the Japanese band they released last year, which is why I'm a bit surprised even more this actually isn't by Capcom.

Does this have a 10M target too?

People are going to get dumb about this I can see. They meant 10 million in over a decade from now after RE7 has been ported, like they mean by Playstation 7 time, the 10 million wasn't an actual sales target, that was a dumb headline by Gamasutra, the actual bit is from a Q&A where a Capcom rep says that RE4, RE5, & RE6 PS4/Xbox One ports did well recently, and now with all versions RE5 & RE6 have officially sold over a 10 million copies total, and they think games can have much longer tails with support on different platforms, and maybe one day RE7 too may reach 10 million sales.

People took it way out of context to mean Capcom's sale goal, but he meant he thinks RE7 will eventually sell over 10 million copies years from now, not this console generation, he means when they port the game to future platforms someday that extend the tail of RE7.

Piccoro

Sega vs Capcom confirmed?

Already exists.

ProjectXZone2JAPboxart.png

Jawmuncher

Capcom has already said they want to do more VR stuff. The RE division is apparently the group for that. So whether that means experiences or more additional support (like RE7) remains to be seen. I fully expect to see something VR related at E3 from them.

Even if it's just Not a Hero in VR at minimum

Top Bottom