• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Lulubop

So, uhh, it looks like Street Fighter V will be featured on The Amazing Race next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTi-g-2965A

The teams will be in South Korea and the tasks involve competitive cup stacking and... Street Fighter V. The hilarious part is one of the matchups shown was R. Mika vs. Laura, with Mika on an 11-win streak, which probably means it was the pro playing her. How absolutely cruel of the pro to choose S1 Mika, lol. I bet that team was stuck there for hours, or rage quit and took a penalty.

I can't help but wonder why Street Fighter V? I get that they wanted to show how big eSports are in Korea, but you'd think they'd go with Overwatch or something. I can't imagine Capcom paying to showcase SFV on Amazing Race of all places.

Dat marketing

pHand

I mean, when you see the clip the laura is mashing st. lk like a fight money bot lol

Poongko would definitely have no mercy at all on them too

If you look closely it seems like he's only playing with one hand (and still won, lol). Maybe after a set number of losses the pro gets handicapped.

I should also point out that the contestant who picked Chun-Li happens to be gay, once again cementing Chun-Li's status as a gay icon. Reminds me of this:
I Realized I Was Gay While Playing Street Fighter II

Kashiwaba

Don't know, it wasn't between 30s to 1 minute like Injustice 2 for me!
I actually was getting matches left and right within seconds, i remember one of the times i wanted to go do something really fast but i couldn't do it and the matches kept on coming.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I love playing injustice online and knowing instantly youre playing a street fighter player. When we both are using the absolute fuck outta down 1 like its a cr forward.

Playing footies with captain colds down 1 is the struggle of all struggles.

Banes D1 has better range than anyones cr.mk in SFV and is special cancellable..

Half the cute shit people found with Urien rarely ever gets used in a match. That's why when Magic Mike does some magical shit it's a sight to see.

lupinko

I think I've bought almost all the premium costumes. Lol

It's okay I guess since there's no arcade version (doesn't exist yet) and this game still gets dragged through the mud by casuals and haters.

MrCarter

When's the arcade version coming btw?

tenor.gif

nded

I don't know who "mined" that arcade mode stuff but it was obviously bullshit.

I think you're talking about different things here. SFV arcade cabs were officially announced and then never heard from again like the Linux version.

lupinko

Ucchedavāda;237369603 said:
I don't think there have been any information released since it was first confirmed.
So it's probably coming "soon".

That, or it has gone the way of SFV on Linux/SteamOS.

The last murmurs I heard from Japanese players was that Capcom gave Taito exclusive dibs on the arcade version, locking out all non-Taito arcades be they another chain or mom and pop Game Center.

MCD250

Any Destiny players here? Hyped from yesterday!
Not a Destiny player anymore, but I did play a lot during the first year and a half or so. I left a little while after finishing most of the Taken King stuff (which was great). I kinda expected the second game to feel mostly like more of the same, and that's what it's looking like at the moment (here are some impressions I was reading earlier), which suits me just fine. Might cop at launch, we'll see.

Village

SFV's embarrassing story mode doesn't need to be compared to others to look bad, lol.

True, to be honest some cases SFV's story mode and single player options look poor to games that were already out. But I'm so impressed with IJ2 and From what tekken looks like it will be very simular. Those games are setting very very high bars, and Capcom just came in like " I'm finally here guys" and they have already moved on.

And the faces, Dear god the faces. That shit makes me upset at SFV in general.

MrCarter

i'm playing injustice's story mode

Christ , this games story mode looks embrassing

I thought Injustice 2 story mode was ass to be honest, it was cliched, random and almost put me to sleep like MKX. I think the only FG story I enjoyed so far was MK9.

Agreed. Just on a basic storytelling level, it's an embarrassment. Though I did enjoy the humor.

The story is terrible bar the awesome Gief bits that were legit funny. But its real problems are not those. Its how its done on a gameplay perspective. You play a different person each fight so you never get a period of becoming accustom to a character or a consistent story for one person at a time. It throws you into the fight without warning and the amount of time watching cutscenes vs fighting is wildly inconsistent.

One good example is in the first part when you have had several fights and it takes you to Karins place. The tv comes on and goes on about alex, mika and Gief. Ok match time..... Nope just keeps on cutscening for 10 mins ignoring the chance to have a good fight where you maybe play alex against both mika and gief. Its all just odd.

myco666

SFV story should have focused on fewer characters for the main story and then have some dumb sidestories for rest of the characters. Maybe that could have made it bit better. Oh well, atleast we got good muscle power moments.

True, to be honest some cases SFV's story mode and single player options look poor to games that were already out. But I'm so impressed with IJ2 and From what tekken looks like it will be very simular. Those games are setting very very high bars, and Capcom just came in like " I'm finally here guys" and they have already moved on.

And the faces, Dear god the faces. That shit makes me upset at SFV in general.

But then you look at the in-game animations and go "oh god what is this?"

Village

I thought Injustice 2 story mode was ass to be honest, it was cliched, random and almost put me to sleep like MKX. I think the only FG story I enjoyed so far was MK9.

You are nuts.

That's the best DC movie that has come out in years. How did the netherrealm make the best DC movie that has come out in years. Can we hire them to replace zack snider. When can we get the DCCBoonaverse

I go " wow this is a fun video game, with shit in it . I wish SFV had more shit in it " Also a lot of the animation in game... look better than MKX or IJ1 So I don't see your point.

Doesn't really help SFV

Kashiwaba

SFV story should have focused on fewer characters for the main story and then have some dumb sidestories for rest of the characters. Maybe that could have made it bit better. Oh well, atleast we got good muscle power moments.

The problem is seems capcom is not learning, the way they are rushing MVC:I makes me worried. They should give this game more Dev time and fill it more contents+better netcode and online modes.
Wish capcom would only handle the gameplay in their fighting games and let someone else handle the modes and contents lol.

I picked The Flash in IJ2 for giggles yesterday, expecting him to be a super fast mixup character like Ibuki.

no. This was not the case at all, and I was sad.

myco666

I go " wow this is a fun video game, with shit in it . I wish SFV had more shit in it " Also a lot of the animation in game... look better than MKX or IJ1 So I don't see your point.

Doesn't really help SFV

I just don't like NRS in-game animation at all and think SFV animates way better
Cammy airthrow isn't in yet
. SFV should definitely have way more stuff to do than it has now. Not really arguing against that. NRS definitely deserves the praises it gets from SP content.

The problem is seems capcom is not learning, the way they are rushing MVC:I makes me worried. They should give this game more Dev time and fill it more contents+better netcode and online modes.
Wish capcom would only handle the gameplay in their fighting games and let someone else handle the modes and contents lol.

Yeah MVC is coming rather fast but hopefully that is just the Marvel money.

MrCarter

You are nuts.

That's the best DC movie that has come out in years. How did the netherrealm make the best DC movie that has come out in years. Can we hire them to replace zack snider. When can we get the DCCBoonaverse

Opinions. How do they work lol.

Best DC movie? Ermm no lad.

I liked the face visuals and that's about it.

Skilletor

I just don't like NRS in-game animation at all and think SFV animates way better
Cammy airthrow isn't in yet
. SFV should definitely have way more stuff to do than it has now. Not really arguing against that. NRS definitely deserves the praises it gets from SP content.

Yeah MVC is coming rather fast but hopefully that is just the Marvel money.

I don't either, but the net code is amazing, gameplay is fun, and I'm getting matches faster than I ever have in sf5 so when I sit down to play the game, I actually can play the game.

I feel like Capcom is just a victim of their negative critics right now. Announce a game too early, people bitch. Announce a game close to when it's to launch, apparently you're rushing the game.

Opinions. How do they work lol.

Best DC movie? Ermm no lad.

I liked the face visuals and that's about it.

Felt like an elseworlds episode of the justice league cartoon to me. There were so many character moments that just said, we understand this character. It was amazing to me as a fan of the comics and cartoons.

Hopefully Capcom and Marvel respect the characters this much in mvc, since they sure didn't in sf5.

Top Bottom