• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Par Score

is there any way to make the building load faster? I pretty much can only drop the plan halfway through the fly over, since if i drop on the first half on a populated area i need to wait 30-40 seconds for the buildings to load while everyone is getting geared up and killing me in the proccess.
I have the same issue. I'm using an I-5 2500k 660ti with 8 gigs ram. Was thinking more ram maybe. Or getting an SSD.

My boyfriend had this issue until he switched the install from his HDD to his SSD.

Now, I don't think the game requires an SSD by any means (I play off a HDD just fine), but this issue is definitely down to disk access rather than RAM.

Watching this game on youtube is sure fun! Jackfrags and his group of friends really make it intense.

There is a lot of glitches tho, but I can't wait until it comes out on Xbox!

Still no ETA right?

Übermatik;238453587 said:
Sooooooo do you get a win if you die but your team wins? I totally copped out acting daft on a bike because I thought the game was over - turns out my two other team mates carried the dinner home.

Also got very close to a second win next round, but I died in a really daft way (mistiming the med kit heal in the blue).
I don't know. Speaking from my experience, my only "win" was in a squad game where I was knocked out at the very end but not killed and my 2 squad mates were able to kill the only guy left and win. I got the win screen and everything. Not sure if that would have counted if I had been completely killed and not just knocked out.

I'd assume you'd get the winner winner chicken dinner screen if the game considers you to win, whether you're dead or knocked out in a duo or squad game.

Twookie

Watching this game on youtube is sure fun! Jackfrags and his group of friends really make it intense.

There is a lot of glitches tho, but I can't wait until it comes out on Xbox!

Still no ETA right?

they're saying that the they will begin with console versions when they're done with the pc version is out of early access :)

So close to the chicken dinner.
AcKDToZ.jpg
First kill was a semi-ambush, I spotted someone from a window and followed them as they entered a house (all I had was a UMP9), they must have seen me, since they were set up right behind the front door, but I managed to hit them first and fast after creeping over to the door frame. Second kill came later on, after I got an M16 and a scope; they were driving a Jeep a medium distance away, parked it, and got out when I took the shot. They must've been low on health, since it only took one non-headshot. Third kill came when the circle was pretty much contracted, I spotted someone at my near flank running behind a tree, so I switched to my UMP9 and ran up on them; we played ring around the tree, but I managed to take them out. Fourth kill was not too long afterwards, a short snipe with the M16. When it came down to 2, I saw them go behind a tree I lobbed grenades to try to flush them out, and tried to move to another tree to flank them, but in the confusion, they managed to flank me first. :(

Unfortunately, seems this game is nigh unplayable if you don't have an SSD.

Wife has a capable system that exceeds minimum spec requirements, but buildings aren't fulloy loaded when she lands. She has to wait a minute or two before their LODS change to actual 3D objects.

VexyWexy

Wife has a capable system that exceeds minimum spec requirements, but buildings aren't fulloy loaded when she lands. She has to wait a minute or two before their LODS change to actual 3D objects.

Every time? I have this issue but it's only maybe 1 out of every 20 matches where the buildings aren't loaded in yet when I land.

Daheza

Got a second chicken dinner in duos.

Watching my fitbit heart rate got up to 100bpm. Goddamn this game so good.

I think a few things ill try to do more of in the future:

abandon cars around the 4th/5th circle tick. By then the noise will alert everyone to your presence.

Being in a building is mostly a disadvantage. You lose most situational awareness. We have started sending one person inside while the other scouts the parameter.

Also never use the m16a4 on burst. I cannot hit anyone with it. Single fire is fine but burst is my doom.

iosa

Watching my fitbit heart rate got up to 100bpm. Goddamn this game so good.

I need to try this too, Last times I felt so exhausted after a game, I almost fainted lol.

Just had a game where I finished #2 too, probably my best all around game, but still only 6 kills (which is my best) I nailed a shotgun hit on the last guy but it was not enough for the kill

I'm looking to try this game and wanted to know 2 things.

1. How long does a typical match last?
2. What do you do when you get killed? You spawn in another game or you can still watch?

Twookie

So... never? I mean, DAY-Z never really got finished, did it, at it's the same dev.
It's not the same developer as DayZ. Bluepoint has been really on point with their updates to the game, steadily adding content to the game every month - just as they promised. I wouldn't worry about the game never coming out.

2. What do you do when you get killed? You spawn in another game or you can still watch?

1. Depends on how long you can survive, but generally they last 20-30min.
2. If you play alone and die, you get to see your stats and points gained. You can pretty much only click return to lobby - no spectating.
If you play in a party, you get to spectate the remaining players in the party.

Chaozfly

Neo Member

1. I would guess 30 minutes - if you don't die.
2. When you are killed your stats screen appears and you can leave the game. If you are in duo/squad, then you can watch your mate's views.

Daheza

My average time alive is 15min. Longest time alive was 30min. So between those ranges are the game time.

When you die in solo you just exit the game, theres no spectating.
If playing in duos / squad you have a down but not out mechanic where your team can rez you or the enemy can kill you. If you die fully then you can spectate your teammates. Once they are all dead your round is over and you can search for another match.

Finding a match is extremely fast less than 2 min I would say and you are back in another game.

I'm using a standard HDD and I've only run into that issue once in the 40+ matches I've played. Other than that one time the buildings are there immediately.

I don't think it's obligatory to have SSD, i don't have one. The first time i load the game if i land in a place with a lot of building i can be stock in stuttering mode for like 30 sec - 1 minutes. But the second time or the third it won't happen anymore.

I never lose a game because of stuttering, but it's a very stressfull situation. I recommand that for the first game you play, you try to land in an isolated place.

Conceptor

I have the same issue. I'm using an I-5 2500k 660ti with 8 gigs ram. Was thinking more ram maybe. Or getting an SSD.
Same here. And I have nearly the same rig as you except I'm using a GTX 760. How is your performance otherwise?

I'd like to practice shooting by dropping at the populated locations (School/Mil Base/Geo/Poch etc.) but between waiting for the building textures to load in and the "NETWORK LAG DETECTED" that pops up around the end of my parachute descent, the first minute of the game is nigh unplayable for me. Rest of the game runs smooth (random early access crashes aside)

Johnny M

is there any way to make the building load faster? I pretty much can only drop the plan halfway through the fly over, since if i drop on the first half on a populated area i need to wait 30-40 seconds for the buildings to load while everyone is getting geared up and killing me in the proccess.

SSD, i was getting the same problem until i did move the game from the HDD to the SSD, problem solved.

If you go prone, they can't punch you.
I had a quick engagement with someone at the start of a round, I frantically grabbed a VSS and clumsily tried grabbing the 9MM ammo and loading it while getting smacked around -- aha! I thought, as I recalled these words of wisdom from the thread, I quickly went prone and got a few shots into his shins before he managed to punch my dumb prone ass to death anyway.

It's not the same dev.

It's not the same dev, and I think it will eventually come out of Early Access, but I also predict a console release date of Never.

It's not the same developer as DayZ. Bluepoint has been really on point with their updates to the game, steadily adding content to the game every month - just as they promised. I wouldn't worry about the game never coming out.

It's not the same dev at all

Oh, I was told otherwise ! 200% hyped again !
Thanks for clearing that up!

greelay

Just had the glitch where some of the buildings do not load in. Won the game by shooting the last two people through walls. It was not a very satisfying victory.

Two Words

I had a quick engagement with someone at the start of a round, I frantically grabbed a VSS and clumsily tried grabbing the 9MM ammo and loading it while getting smacked around -- aha! I thought, as I recalled these words of wisdom from the thread, I quickly went prone and got a few shots into his shins before he managed to punch my dumb prone ass to death anyway.
Did he punch you or did he have a melee weapon? I could have sworn you count hit them prone if you're at the same ground level as them.

Kalentan

This was an intense match of waiting. We nearly died when a gun snuck up on us and someone was shooting prone from the shadows in brush. Luckily I managed to kill both of them. Then a random grenade throw by my friend killed another and then we won by keeping this guy behind a rock and got the barrier to reach him.

There is absolutely nothing more frustrating than listening to a guy walk up to your building, slowly tap tap tap tap tap crouched to slide into a corner without making any noise, and then as soon as you start firing and get the jump on him, a lag spike sends him forward and back 10 feet and you end up dead.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Its so much easier to win duos by yourself than solo queue. That fact is really fucking weird but completely true.

2 solo chicken dinners today in duos after partner died 2 mins in. I also get way more kills in duos.

All of yall getting frustrated with solo queue try duoing with randoms. At worst they die at best they help!

shoelacer

Banned
This game is loads of fun when it works. I got it a few days ago, initially it worked fine, but now whenever I get into a match the loading screen stays up even though I can hear my character punching and other players in the waiting lobby, and then being on the plane, and I can hear myself jump out.

I googled it and found other people were having the same issue, and the best solution I've found is to launch it windowed at very low and then switch when it loads in. That's worked a couple of times, but it's also resulted in some hilarious unintentionally avant-garde shit like this

dtnPGCf.jpg

I have no idea what's wrong with me today. 3 times I've ambushed someone at point blank range with an UMP, 3 times 90% of my shots somehow went wide and missed them.

on the bright side, I had a fun moment where a guy and I agreed to part ways instead of shooting each other

Top Bottom