• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
kwHcq7D.jpg

Thanks, I'll make sure my account is linked so I don't miss out.

Do I have to watch it though? I'm not gonna be able to watch through Mixer since I'm going to a friends this year.

Could try and pursuade them to watch through mixer haha
It doesnt it say it. It just says link it. MS just want mixer accounts linked so they can say next month.. "there are already over 1 million mixer accounts made"

I've been speculating that move for a while now. It would make huge waves for sure! I just think Xbox Live Gold has enough value in it to justify the subscription fee without locking basic online multiplayer away. I also think it would make joining more appealing to new console owners as they wouldn't feel like they're "forced" to subscribe.

With the Xbox platform (windows devices) being increasingly more and more free multiplayer service driven, I can totally understand making multiplayer free. If Xbox Play Anywhere is allowing PC players play without Gold, I can see multiplayer being dropped from the service.

I doubt it would happen, but at the same time I think if Microsoft really succeeds with the GaaS initiative (not so much in a way that it's all they produce) but removing the online paywall can really prove successful here.

It has to be done right, however, and if done so I think it could have both a positive and ironic effect.

Keinning

I can see it already, during the conference, mixer interactivity kicks in:

"vote for which game you guys want for free to play after the conference: cuphead, ashen, below or tacoma"

yeah nah i don't see it. but i can still dream about it

Kickz

You shut ypur mouth about the Scorpio part

That's wayyy past being conservative. Your ticket to the hype train is no longer valid. The train is uh... full. We overbooked. You need to get on a different train now.

Dang, you went hard on the reigning in there Kickz!

they got a lot of stats to show if this is all that a 90+min conference is going to have

You fall in line with the conservative party.

Dang, you went hard on the reigning in there Kickz!

78137539.jpg

If the way microsoft wants to pull me away from twitch to be...mixer (is it just here or the app is still named beam anyway?) is giving me free stuff then by all means i'll watch it on mixer

Hope its not just doritos crash course 3 in the end though

Doritos Crash Course was fantastic. I'd love that to be the free game

With the Xbox platform (windows devices) being increasingly more and more free multiplayer service driven, I can totally understand making multiplayer free. If Xbox Play Anywhere is allowing PC players play without Gold, I can see multiplayer being dropped from the service.

I doubt it would happen, but at the same time I think if Microsoft really succeeds with the GaaS initiative (not so much in a way that it's all they produce) but removing the online paywall can really prove successful here.

It has to be done right, however, and if done so I think it could have both a positive and ironic effect.

Oh absolutely! I think their biggest hurdle would be making sure that current subscribers don't feel like they got ripped off. Of course this is all speculation that I don't really expect to happen either, but we can dream! I think that'd be a bigger headline than Scorpio honestly.

Zeta Oni

I would literally cry if it happened. I'll take anything from Mistwalker.

I had a conversation recently about what game Microsoft could unveil that would potentially get a large reaction similar to what we saw with lets say TLG, and Cry On was my conclusion. Its the promised JRPG we never got a chance to see, that was being worked on by several of the most brilliant minds in the industry.

blakep267

Guys, making MP free makes zero sense. Most people likely wouldn't subscribe just for the 4 free meh games per month. They are just a bonus. If you make live free, you lose billions of dollars. For what? It's not going to cause a massive shift in console sales

Guys, making MP free makes zero sense. Most people likely wouldn't subscribe just for the 4 free meh games per month. They are just a bonus. If you make live free, you lose billions of dollars. For what? It's not going to cause a massive shift in console sales

Gotta read to rest of my post there! My thought would be making basic online multiplayer free that only offers in-game chat. GwG, Party Chat, Clubs, Arena, and LFG would stay behind the paywall.

It doesnt it say it. It just says link it. MS just want mixer accounts linked so they can say next month.. "there are already over 1 million mixer accounts made"

The first bullet point tells you to watch on mixer.

You can link after you watch the show, but you still need to watch the show if you want whatever it is they're giving out.

You forgot me :(

don't worry about it. Thanks for making this! :)

Am I in there? I don't think I am.....

You might've forgotten me :p

left behind : (

Can I hop on please : )

You are not forgotten lol. You are either on the first train or you haven't spotted yourself yet.

Two things:

a) Please stop by and let me get on board on the hype train
b) Which City actually used those type of futuristic styled inner city trains?

Russia. It's real and it looks amazing. Out of place sometimes though lol but I think that's why I love it. https://www.behance.net/gallery/18234477/TRAM-R1-

I was first class window seat smoking. Why am I removed now? :/

Please ad me back. I did pay for first class though:p

You are on first train lol.

we are already in the train 2?
I have the driver

If you can find me or make a cutout PNG of his entire head I'll put it in the next train if we get there. It will be a completely new train.

Here is the first and second train for reference.

HYXP5i5.jpg

w3antps.jpg

I've got an appointment atm will add requests when I get back.

fantomena

MS and Sony are so different when it comes to pre-conference hype. MS has folks like Spencer and Ybarra hyping things up on Twitter, but not Sony.

Hyping things up and being vocal on Twitter absolutely helps the hype, but it makes the chances for the conference being disappointing higher.

wapplew

MS and Sony are so different when it comes to pre-conference hype. MS has folks like Spencer and Ybarra hyping things up on Twitter, but not Sony.

Hyping things up and being vocal on Twitter absolutely helps the hype, but it makes the chances for the conference being disappointing higher.

The former speak confidence, the later could very well be nothing to hype for.

DrakeDeception

Neo Member
Gotta read to rest of my post there! My thought would be making basic online multiplayer free that only offers in-game chat. GwG, Party Chat, Clubs, Arena, and LFG would stay behind the paywall.

They would still lose a lot of subscribers if playing online is not part of a gold subscription. Microsoft would probably make more money from charging for online with the Xbox players they have now than any new buyer that would be there just for the free online.

Kaelan

What if Crystal Dynamics marvel game is announced at Microsoft's conference? I know that square enix has all their studios working on marvel titles so its possible... microsoft/crystal already have a pretty good relationship

Is this hypetrain like the Snowpiercer train? If so, I would like first class seats please.

It's the train that takes us to the Hunger games. Once we get to the conference we all have to fight to the death. Winner gets Project Scorpio free, but it's the only one in existence.

Oh I agree, there's very little benefit to making MP free. That's billions of dollars in revenue lost, and I highly doubt it'll shift console says drastically.

But I still think it's viable in some way, I just need to collect my thoughts on it.

Burdmayn has some good ways to keep selling Gold, too. Just cause multiplayer is free, doesn't make Gold worthless. As a service since OG XBOX it has grown in a lot of ways. Party chat, discounts, etc.

shandy706

Honestly think Forza 7 is going to have so many features that it will take at least 10 to 15 minutes of their show. I'm thinking on road, off road, snow, ice, rain, mud, other weather, time of day changes, and lots of real world locations.

GT, open wheel, rally, street car, stock car, Etc racing.

Tizoc

This starts just as I get back from work XD
Looking forward to seeing how their Scorpio is gonna run the 360 BC games.

Too soon yet, but I think game pass was introduced so they could drop xbox live gold.

But of course, first game pass needs to pick it up, and more importantly they have to bring games to PC, and if they managed to make it work with iOs and Android even better.

Kickz

You are not forgotten lol. You are either on the first train or you haven't spotted yourself yet.

Russia. It's real and it looks amazing. Out of place sometimes though lol but I think that's why I love it. https://www.behance.net/gallery/18234477/TRAM-R1-

If you can find me or make a cutout PNG of his entire head I'll put it in the next train if we get there. It will be a completely new train.

HYXP5i5.jpg

w3antps.jpg

I want a ticket plz

Ding II

I like it! Though I really don't understand the whole "$50 off because no controller" bundle idea. Microsoft would not discount the console by that close to the MSRP of an individual controller just because they didn't include one.

They would if they wanted to hit a specific (low) price point while minimizing their losses in the early months/years.

Imagine a world where MS would like to hit a particular pricepoint, like say $399. Imagine further that the Scorpio's BOM (with controller) results in a break-even price of, I dunno, $439. Feel free to pick different numbers. MS then has to make a decision. Do they:

• Go ahead and lose $40 on every unit sold?
  • Price it at $449 or $499, and lean harder on the "premium experience" marketing? Maybe add a bundled game.
  • Leave out the controller and "only" lose $20 instead?

What do they mean by the Mixer app on Xbox One?
Just the tab at the top of the homepage?
I can't find an app to download.

It's built in, you will find it on your library already (dunno if they already changed the name on Xbone though, so look for Beam as well)

The hype is getting very real for me. Can't wait to see what MS brings.

HYXP5i5.jpg

w3antps.jpg

One ticket sir!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom