• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I think it was Spoiler who said he wanted thin Sagat, and I 100% agree. Somebody with his measurements would have to be anorexic, and while that's a bit far to go, him being as big as he was in SFA and SFIV was too far in the other direction. I hope they make him like SF1/SFII thin, with really lean muscles like Fei Long (or Bruce pre-TTT2).

Also, Sako preferring SFV is INCREDIBLY surprising, given him being the execution king he is. USFIV seems like it was made for him. He's pretty much the competitive version of Desk, who seems to dislike SFV, so I thought he would share that opinion.

What if she's able to halt projectiles in their place for a second and then vanish instead of having them move regularly across the screen at a fixed pace.

Like she throws out a projectile and it keeps moving but she decides to just stop it, have it float there for a second and THEN it vanishes? She could control it by keeping the button held down after throwing the fireball and then letting it go, or by doing another fireball motion while it's in the air.

Spitballing here.
I think it was Spoiler who said he wanted thin Sagat
I hope they stick more to the athletic classic style Sagat and not the bulked up Alpha one. A good mix of both would be ideal but pretty sure Capcom would lean more towards the latter.

Fantastic Awesome New Guy has a monopoly on that, sorry.

Who?

Just kidding. I liked that he won an event. I really want to see more of FANG. If the v-reversal rumors hold true and they add more defensive stuff I dunno maybe more people will pick him up.

Ed is interesting bc he feels like would be a flashy character but his gameplay is actually very dry

He just doesn't have enough variation. Like, he has a handful of moves and they don't do anything particularly interesting.

Yeah it's kind of sad. Both games have (in SFIV's case had) an audience so it clearly depends on the person and their specific taste. The only thing I don't get is that if SFIV was as liked as some people claim why has it disappeared off the face of the earth? lol.

Hmm I'm thinking more zoning orbs like Rose.

People bitched about SF4, SF3, and different iterations of SF2. Pros did all the time. SF4 got so much heat it wasn't funny, people wanted to go back to SF3 for YEARS. And so on.

But the pros are human. They all come from different eras so they might prefer things that SF4 or SF3 brought over what SFV is doing. Some games don't suit some people's styles. And opinions change and alternate all the time. Now that payment is bigger, opinions are differed even more. Some want more balance but really just want their character to be stronger. Others want nerfs so they have an easier time. It's a good baseline to discuss issues but not a jerking off contest and it's super boring after a while trying to keep track of shit.

Anyway, if she's like Rose that's kinda fine, maybe a mix of zoning and trapping. I probably won't play her since I have Abby and Urien on deck and Zeku on the way, but I'll be happy to fight a fun character.

Mizerman

Yeah it's kind of sad. Both games have (in SFIV's case had) an audience so it clearly depends on the person and their specific taste. The only thing I don't get is that if SFIV was as liked as some people claim why has it disappeared off the face of the earth? lol.

It's more of the revisionist history when it comes to SF4 as a whole. Then again, every mainline SF game get a bit of revisionist stances from fans.

What if she's able to halt projectiles in their place for a second and then vanish instead of having them move regularly across the screen at a fixed pace.

Like she throws out a projectile and it keeps moving but she decides to just stop it, have it float there for a second and THEN it vanishes? She could control it by keeping the button held down after throwing the fireball and then letting it go, or by doing another fireball motion while it's in the air.

Spitballing here..

That sounds like a decent idea.

Zoning is something else that needs to be fixed in S3, not just adding more defensive option.

Hurtboxes need to last throughout the entirety of a move not half way through the startup and recovery. It's like Capcom does not want another Sabin vs Daigo moment

And you got this

Sweep CC. High risk, low reward the exception of Fang.

Standing CC normals. Low risk, high reward.

it's crazy how much this game punishes you for crouching.

throws not only need to nerfed on knockdown adv but also on whiff recovery. When I saw Itazan went for an EX Air SPD after a whiffed throw just pissed me off more than being hyped at the moment.

Bob White

I wonder, if capcom nerfed the fuck out of dashes, what all the Urien player's online will do. Like, will they leave the game? What happens when they realized they are all fucking frauds?

Pompadour

I think it was Spoiler who said he wanted thin Sagat, and I 100% agree. Somebody with his measurements would have to be anorexic, and while that's a bit far to go, him being as big as he was in SFA and SFIV was too far in the other direction. I hope they make him like SF1/SFII thin, with really lean muscles like Fei Long (or Bruce pre-TTT2).

Thin Sagat would be fantastic. I felt his Alpha/4 incarnation was kind of boring since he looked like everybody else, just taller.

I'd love a thin one tbh.
200.gif

Also, Sako preferring SFV is INCREDIBLY surprising, given him being the execution king he is. USFIV seems like it was made for him. He's pretty much the competitive version of Desk, who seems to dislike SFV, so I thought he would share that opinion.
Ibuki Karin and Chun arent that easy to use, they requires some execution. For optimal damage.

SFV is coming along nicely imo. A few more high execution characters, a buff to defense, and V-reversal, small adjustments on the CC system, jabs and hitboxes and I think it will surpass SSF4 in S3.

I have my THICC from Abigail. I don't need no one else.

Ibuki Karin and Chun arent that easy to use, they requires some execution. For optimal damage.

SFV is coming along nicely imo. A few more high execution characters, a buff to defense, and V-reversal, small adjustments on the CC system, jabs and hitboxes and I think it will surpass SSF4 in S3.

Yeah, it's not too far away from what I want out of the game.

Would be interesting to see how Thin Sagat would look in the modern era.

First eating ass, now this?

*Judges you*

Okay I only eat my ass. Nobody elses.

Speaking of, maybe it's time in order to summon the SF Anniversary news.

Pompadour

capcom___snk_sagat_by_ninja_ricky-d76ddm8.gif

I'd like Sagat to look like his SNK Vs. Capcom iteration in SFV. As shown in the GIF, this Sagat isn't thin but he's way more angular than his Alpha counterpart. Sagat in SF4/Alpha was so buff he looked lumpy and his silhouette wasn't interesting because of that. Sagat in SvC sells his height and length of his limbs.

I understand Sagat looks the way he does because Adon is in the Alpha series as the more "traditional" Muay Thai fighter but I'd like more Adon in Sagat's SFV incarnation to make him stand out from the rest of the cast.

jett

D-Member
capcom___snk_sagat_by_ninja_ricky-d76ddm8.gif

I'd like Sagat to look like his SNK Vs. Capcom iteration in SFV. As shown in the GIF, this Sagat isn't thin but he's way more angular than his Alpha counterpart. Sagat in SF4/Alpha was so buff he looked lumpy and his silhouette wasn't interesting because of that. Sagat in SvC sells his height and length of his limbs.

I understand Sagat looks the way he does because Adon is in the Alpha series as the more "traditional" Muay Thai fighter but I'd like more Adon in Sagat's SFV incarnation to make him stand out from the rest of the cast.

SFV Sagat is gonna get muscles up the ass.

bubumiao

Might be a good idea to have our own server actually, just to get games going. There's already an FGC Gaf discord, but it's pretty huge and is mostly off topic.
I just made this one, anyone can join. If anyone wants to be a mod let me know on discord.

Top Bottom