• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA RP MOD is pretty amazing

Daigoro

just heard about this from this thread and watched part of that last Eli stream. pretty amazing stuff.

Eli and Gee was amazing today! Awesome RP!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146666500?t=06h42m45s

some really funny exchanges between those two guys. holy shit.

Yeah, fantastic.

On a side note: I'm glad the mods don't allow the casual racist shit in the stream. Very surprised they were able to curtail 16k people cause any other stream it would have looked like Breitbart/The_donald during the entire interaction

sound like a lot of work. thats awesome.

Talonz

Yeah, fantastic.

On a side note: I'm glad the mods don't allow the casual racist shit in the stream. Very surprised they were able to curtail 16k people cause any other stream it would have looked like Breitbart/The_donald during the entire interaction

Eli has had a firm grip on his chat since Day 1. It was the one thing I was worried about. How is he going to handle the trolls, but him and his mod team has handled the chat great. He gives them enough freedom, but just enough. It really puts other streamers(Ice, Reckful, etc..) and their toxic chats to shame. Huge chats can be reigned in.

Akai__

After todays events, I have mad respect for Eli.

Fuck the SoE server and the Admins that fucked them over. That FamilyRP server can't come soon enough.

Froli

deleted post on official soe forums

lKodw3D.png

Akai__

Eli is definitely a man's man. It will be difficult for me to find someone I respect more.

The whole part about his dead brother and escaping reality was too real. I felt so bad for him. Ever since the fundraiser, he has been so humble and appreciative about all of it.

I guess lirik can join the new server and the leanbois will be reuinted

Eli made it pretty clear that Lirik will be able to rejoin. He also said that the "family" will decide together what is best for the server and decisions will not be made by 1 person.

aajohnny

Eli is the move lovable streamer out there IMO. I love that guy, he's awesome. He got me incredibly interested in GTA RP. Does anybody have recommendations for an RP server?

The whole part about his dead brother and escaping reality was too real. I felt so bad for him. Ever since the fundraiser, he has been so humble and appreciative about all of it.

Yeah, the amount of time and money that he donates in other streams is quite amazing.

Zemm

More and more people are streaming and the viewer numbers keep going up for GTA RP. Rockstar should really be thinking of an RP mode for GTA6.

Froli

Turns out SheriffEli is a real asshole lol. He ain't roleplaying

He takes this shit over social Media accusing of people of cheating when he was the one doing it himself. He wants to destroy friendships in rl

[THH] FamilyRP IRL Drama
https://clips.twitch.tv/GentleCrypticPotatoTBTacoLeft
https://clips.twitch.tv/DullFreezingSoymilkDoubleRainbow

Discussions
thread about the Eli meltdown

Eli thinking Buddha sent his chat after Eli.

Buddha has done nothing but praise Eli time and time again and say he's a great dude. Said a few weeks back that he stayed up all night talking to Eli, and really enjoyed it despite having work the next morning.

Buddha has seemed upset and demotivated when stuff like this happens, so I hope it doesn't affect his motivation to keep RPing.

Eli proceeded to unfollow Buddha, Tony, Saab, SirPink (Reggie) and Peter from Twitter. I'm sure he followed most of them if not all of them. He still follows DisbeArex (Granny) and Mehdi (Nino) though.

"WeNotMe" is right...

I guess he couldn't keep the hate in RP terms and had to bring to real life. I have not seen a single person other than him bring hateful comments towards other RPers.

Says alot about the guy that he just decided to air his grievances publicly instead of talking to Buddha privately.

His problems are complete bullshit anyway. His main complaint in this instance seems to be that Buddha checked the player list in-game to see what officers were on at the time and deduce who was following him, yet players have to do that sometimes because server rules don't allow players to commit certain acts (robberies) if there isn't a sufficient number of cops online. But when Eli uses a cop feature to instantly repair his car during what is considered an RP situation it's just fine? Pretty funny that Eli calls the guy a cheater over this when he has a VAC ban on his steam account.

Zemm

He's probably fed up of some of the RP'ers targeting him specifically. Like how often you just see someone come up to him and chat shit so he'll arrest them. People constantly talking back because they want him to shout at them, there's a few on that server that should just be banned from it because they're only after attention and the best way of getting it is to purposely antagonize Eli.

Some of the leanbois (Ross) just talk shit and the "your mum" jokes when questioned by police and it's pretty shit RP tbh, the police have stopped questioning them because it's pointless, just straight arrest and sent to jail. They need Lirik back to teach them some shit. Then you have all the meta stuff from their chat, their chat coming into Eli's stream and being dumb as fuck, to the point it's now in sub mode only.

Basically both sides have been stupid about this but it was only a matter of time until Eli snapped from all the stupidity. His top tier RP has made him a target for a large number of idiots.

Froli

He's probably fed up of some of the RP'ers targeting him specifically. Like how often you just see someone come up to him and chat shit so he'll arrest them. People constantly talking back because they want him to shout at them, there's a few on that server that should just be banned from it because they're only after attention and the best way of getting it is to purposely antagonize Eli.

lol fed up? WIth Buddha and Tony? those guys did nothing but act matured to this shitshow. Eli on the other hand always talked trash and it wasn't role playing, that's seems to be his real personality.

The guy doesn't want to talk privately and instead brings out this on social media accusing shit. Seriously it's a fucking game, where is the WENOTME "family rp" here?

Zemm

Buddha is certainly not innocent in all of this, I follow him and watch him a lot and the metagaming is off the charts sometimes. Tony I dunno, he seems cool to me when I see him on other peoples streams. Eli hasn't handled this well at all, and he does go too far with the screaming and shouting, but like I said it was only a matter of time before something like this happened because he's the #1 target for idiots both in and out of the game.

Also I don't think you can be that much of an asshole in-game like Eli is and not be a bit of an asshole outside of the game. I have no doubts he can be a bit of a child.

Ross used to have a really good persona like "the honest criminal" and now he's just doing your mum jokes when questioned, it's a waste of time for the cops on that server to RP with him. Eli and the leanbois need to have a proper private conversation and sort whatever the issue is, and Eli needs to stop being a child about this and talk to them.

Froli

he's the #1 target for idiots both in and out of the game.

Like someone mentioned, if you got famous for trash talking, what kind of community will follow this type of person?

That's a streamers life, specially if you get famous with an average of 10k viewers.
If you can't handle this kind of "job", might as well quit all together instead of acting like a fucking idiot.

Zemm

The people that sub to him are completely fine though? Sub mode chat has been a huge improvement when it's turned on. The problem with his chat are people coming in from other streams calling the server a "police state!"
1x
or metagaming.

Talonz

PMSProxy and Timmac are the worst kind of RPers. They always had "to win" and would get very pissy if they didn't. I'm glad the entire thing is crumbling now. I haven't watched any RP since Eli and co forced the Leanbois to break up.

Haribokart

Banned
Wait, I’ve just watched the occasional GTARP stuff on Twitch - probably about an hour in total - and have enjoyed Eli & PMS but have no idea about this behind the scenes drama & gossip. Please share!

Froli

Wait, I’ve just watched the occasional GTARP stuff on Twitch - probably about an hour in total - and have enjoyed Eli & PMS but have no idea about this behind the scenes drama & gossip. Please share!

Someone made a breakdown on reddit

Leanbois Robbery and how Eli/Admins actions and behaviour pretty much caused several well loved Rper's to stop playing on the server.

Eli's continued abuse during the aftermath of the Leanbois Robbery that also just happened to coincide with a massive drop off (50%+) in viewers from most streamers in Family RP. Also accuses Buddha of Cheating.

Eli's in game threats to ban other players and the banning by Family RP Admin of Peter and LST (LST apparently were not informed of their ban)

Due to restrictive rules and threats of permanent bans - crime on Family RP starts to drop off and parking Lot RP created.

Major Rper's and many admins of Family RP start playing other games, including sponsored Ark etc.

Some Rper's start to play on NoPIxels - a platform many who followed Family GTA RP had never heard of before.

Family Rp server starts to empty, with 10 or less players becoming common.

More major Rper's from Family Rp start to play on NoPixels, introducing their own audiences to a new platform with more open rule sets and action.

GtaClips sub-reddit is taken over by Family Rp admin and is purged of all criticism and critical discussion of Family Rp issues. Eventually even censors their own posts outlining their censorship.

Release of audio from Family Rp meeting where admins make clear by their own hypocritical behaviour that one set of rules would apply to the "inner circle", while everyone else will be held to a higher standard.

More Scripted moments in RP is apparently encouraged.

Family RP server is revealed by Classy's in Audio of Meeting to be struggling and will be basic compared to rival GTA RP servers on its release and was over-hyped by Family RP.

Tony, a well liked original member of the Family Rp, is un-whitelisted for making fun of Eli while on NoPIxels, but not told of it by Family Admins, only finding out during live stream. For some major Rper's, a line has been crossed.

Talonz

Lirik and giantwaffle must be glad they bailed out early

Lirik said numerous time on his stream that usual flow of things is a server gets popular than power tripping admins end up ruining the RP server. It happened on both of them(SoE and Family RP).

Lirik said numerous time on his stream that usual flow of things is a server gets popular than power tripping admins end up ruining the RP server. It happened on both of them(SoE and Family RP).

It's a tale as old as RP mods, power tripping admins eventually ruin just about ever RP game/server.

antonz

FamilyRP has drama like any other server does. To claim its dying though is silly . They constantly have a full server and that is with a whitelist that until recently hadn't added new people in months. They just opened up applications for the first time where prior it was invite only from recommendations. Thousands have applied to play.

The fact people after roleplaying for 8 straight months opted to play Ark as a sponsored thing is hardly shocking. Playing the same game 8-12 hours a day for 8 months straight is going to burn people out. I mean for all the supposed issues basically everyone from familyrp played Ark together and still do when they take a day off from GTA

As far as Nopixel they have been around for ages. Most of FamilyRP began on Nopixel Arma3. Hell Koil the developer of Nopixel is who gave Family RP a baseline to run on while FamilyRP develops its own.

As far as playstyle Nopixel and FamilyRP are indeed very different. Nopixel even in its Arma3 life days was always very different. The rules are pretty lax. The cops are more supertroopers fuck around while familyrp specifically goes for a more professional angle.

Never knew there was this stuff going on in GTA, which I had seen it earlier lol.

There's some alternate universe where GTA Online was an open thing with player-run servers and it's like AAA Garry's Mod, with absurd RP jail servers and crazy structures stretching into the sky and etc.

Top Bottom