• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA RP MOD is pretty amazing

W1SSY

I have spent over an hour watching the stream. I hope that the stream works out for Trooper Thompson but I just don't know if the viewers will stick around after the big streamers leave GTA RP.

antonz

What mod is being used/how would one set up a server for this? This is something I'd be interested in doing.

Mod Framework is called FiveM. Default Mod with Full AI on server etc. allows for 24 players on at a time right now for best performance but he devs are optimizing to 32 player right now.

Some servers opt for no AI and then you can get like 100+ players on the server but then you have an empty world left totally to the players to populate.

Darknight

The next time the game is on sale, I think I will end up buying it.

Is it hard to twitch stream? Would love to start doing someting like it.

antonz

The next time the game is on sale, I think I will end up buying it.

Is it hard to twitch stream? Would love to start doing someting like it.

Getting started isn't really that hard. You can get by with a very basic setup but obviously the more you can invest into hardware etc. the better things go. As a fresh streamer though you can afford to grow slowly as any potential audience grows with you.

People like Eli will be getting slammed the moment he starts streaming. He already has more people following his twitch account than many people who are already partnered streamers.

So i got FiveM... but i also see there's Network? Are these two separate clients that essentially do the same shit? I'm confused.

Hard to imagine this was anything more then the Red Dead map in the GTA engine.

Porting horses seems like it would be way more complicated.

Still... Always wanted to see the RDR map in the GTA engine and someone driving around it in a banshee

Rockstar needs to make RP official.

funny they mention that just now how ROCKSTAR was streaming today and they were showing off their new car DLC or something and it only had 400 viewers and the RP mod had like 10000 plus on one single streamer, plus 5000,3000, not even including when lirik who gain 60000 views plus when he plays it

it's insane. Rockstar needs to take notice.

just imagine how good RED DEAD 2 rp can be too.

funny they mention that just now how ROCKSTAR was streaming today and they were showing off their new car DLC or something and it only had 400 viewers and the RP mod had like 10000 plus on one single streamer, plus 5000,3000, not even including when lirik who gain 60000 views plus when he plays it

it's insane. Rockstar needs to take notice.

just imagine how good RED DEAD 2 rp can be too.
Yeah I'm watching. 400 views is pitiful lol

Rad-

Watching this brings back really old memories of Neverwinter Nights RP servers. Shit was just like this but in D&D form (no similar voiced chat obviously at that time but chatting). Good times.

Akai__

This is hilarious. Some really good stuff.

You abbreviated roleplay to RP then explained at the bottom that RP means roleplay instead of just saying roleplay in the first place?

Because he probably edited in the "RP = Role Player" later when more and more people asked what it was.

Top Bottom