• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA RP MOD is pretty amazing

Eidan

Theres not much else to post in the OP? RP = Roleplay. Roleplay = Create your own character / story / etc... Players take the role of civilians / cops / paramedics

So it's just a mod that changes the player character? Is that even a specific mod?

antonz

So it's just a mod that changes the player character? Is that even a specific mod?

It's a Mod that takes the single player game and turns it into a Multiplayer Online Server. So Role players can have a fully detailed world to play in without the shitstains of GTA Online

Eidan

It's a Mod that takes the single player game and turns it into a Multiplayer Online Server. So Role players can have a fully detailed world to play in without the shitstains of GTA Online

Ah I see. So what does it strip from GTA Online and add itself to achieve that? This actually sounds pretty interesting.

Drencrom

Oh, so it's basically GTA Online but actually fun.

antonz

Ah I see. So what does it strip from GTA Online and add itself to achieve that? This actually sounds pretty interesting.

It loses a lot of the preprogrammed things like Races etc. that GTA Online has. Modders are programming their own things in like Jobs and continuing to expand features. You can be like a FedEx driver for instance and it will tell you where to deliver packages and get paid or a taxi driver, tow ruck driver etc. Can buy houses, cars.

For criminally inclined characters can rob banks or do drug runs for money. The basic economy is there and expanding and then the rest is left to the imagination of the community.

Eli Thompson and old guy Slappy are amazing RPers.

Thing is with Lirik, his RP becomes repetitive after a while. It's always the same shit, which is basically a rehash of the stuff he did in Arma III Life; act like thugs, do dumb shit, get into trouble with police, die/jailtime.
The most entertaining RP he did was in Reign of Kings, an open world sand box in a mediëval setting.

Eli Thompson and old guy Slappy are amazing RPers.

Thing is with Lirik, his RP becomes repetitive after a while. It's always the same shit, which is basically a rehash of the stuff he did in Arma III Life; act like thugs, do dumb shit, get into trouble with police, die/jailtime.
The most entertaining RP he did was in Reign of Kings, an open world sand box in a mediëval setting.

look for Mrmoonhouse too he's god tier when it comes to RP and he's flipping hilarious, I await the day his mall cop character runs into AVON.

RS4-

If this was out day 1 or like, the first month, I'd still be playing instead of dropping the game quickly.

RobertM

I can't stop watching these videos! The conversations this dude has with people are just hilarious, and Eli the cop haha I can't get enough of this shit.
"In Canada it's 'after you' kind of thing, in here it's 'get the fuck out of my way'" haha Canadian guy is amazing. The hwhole drug run vid had be rolling lol

I can't stop watching these videos! The conversations this dude has with people are just hilarious, and Eli the cop haha I can't get enough of this shit.
"In Canada it's 'after you' kind of thing, in here it's 'get the fuck out of my way'" haha Canadian guy is amazing. The hwhole drug run vid had be rolling lol

Yeah, the Canadian is ClassyPax's new character. Him and Eli are top-tier RP.

Randam

Am I supposed to see something in the link op posted?
And how about a few words of context?
And not just: this thing is so cool. Watch this video.
And stop assuming everyone knows what every acronym stands for.

Elephant

Neo Member
Yeah, I've been pretty hooked on this for the past couple of weeks. Watched GassyMexican play on the SOE server with PentaHearth and I've been addicted ever since.

I was sold on it, like others, when I first heard Eli Thompson. That man is outstanding.

GeeFamous92 is very good. There's a great video of him being chased by Eli in a helicopter. Reason? He karate chopped Eli!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3NBblYseak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeVTwiGej5Y

compo

Banned
I'm really liking these streams. I watch GiantWaffle's, just because I like how he interacts with people the best. Reggie's freaking awesome too, though.

I've heard about these RP mods, but this was the 1st time I watched one being played.

Yea... not for me. But I can definitely see the appeal. It's basically local, amateur, fringe theatre.

Chiramii

I can't make myself watch streamers play on this server after how the staff manhandled Summit and Shroud and perma-banned Summit from this shit.

Nothing against the streamers, and Eli for that matter. This wouldn't be a thing without them. Can't wait for Eli to start streaming and play other stuff.

teepo

i just discovered this the other day while checking out what my friends were watching and for the first hour i had never been more confused. i was googling how gta online worked trying to discover how the economy and such operated. i then thought lirik was elaborately staging the whole thing for views.

i was even more impressed once my friend told me they were all role playing. that server has some amazing players who really get deep into their roles and a few of the voices are incredible

Akronis

I heard with the RP modded servers they found a loophole in the terms of service and are instead modding the single player portion of the game and not GTA Online.

But yes, Rockstar could always change their terms of service in the future. But as of right now they don't seem to have a problem with it.

They already shut down plenty of other mods that bypass GTA Online for multiplayer. FiveM was originally shut down when Take 2 sent lawyers to the dev's houses. R* and Take 2 hate any mod that could compromise Shark Card sales.

They may have stopped C&Ding them now, but I feel like it's only a matter of time when more and more people start switching.

Yup. GTA RP is great entertainment. Eli really commits to his rp and that's due to his real life background as a trooper. I wonder how he would do not as a cop, lol.

Recommended good RPers:

Thadrius
Vader
Mrmoonshouse
Lirik (but like someone said, he gets tired of RP mods rather quick due to how similar all his characters are)
Dimitrisphotography
Burkeblack (he has a good voice for different characters but his rp is decent to good)
Wish
TVSBOH

SoE takes things too far though. It is way too serious and there isn't much for people to do when it comes to criminal activity. Sure it forces the person to be more creative but then it just feels even more forced by that point.

FiveM is the opposite. It's way too close to Arma 3 Altis Life and No Pixel. Too much freedom that just causes chaos.

btw later today the RP(roleplay) streamers will be doing a fund raiser for ELI so he can have a legit PC that can stream, since he's like the core of what is pulling all these big viewer numbers the streamers want to help him get a really good setup. So tune in later today, should be good.

It loses a lot of the preprogrammed things like Races etc. that GTA Online has. Modders are programming their own things in like Jobs and continuing to expand features. You can be like a FedEx driver for instance and it will tell you where to deliver packages and get paid or a taxi driver, tow ruck driver etc. Can buy houses, cars.

For criminally inclined characters can rob banks or do drug runs for money. The basic economy is there and expanding and then the rest is left to the imagination of the community.

That sounds so much better than the actual GTA Online. I would love to play something like that, but I'm on PS4.

Anyone have a link on getting these types of mods set up and which server he is on? Really want to give this a shot seeing I still have GTA installed.

Nielm

I've been playing GTA: RP on SA-MP for years.

It was a major thing back in 2007-2008, it's still very popular. GTA V RP is basically a newer version, IV RP didn't take off because of scripting issues.

Top Bottom