• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your most anticipated indie games?

Radio the Universe
8ZZ2BFN.gif

Oh man...I thought this was cancelled. Seeing this still has life makes me so happy... :')

Aaron D.

Sunless Sea is one of my top 10 games of all time, and while I'll miss the flavor of the sea, I can't wait for the sequel.

dmhK0Aq.png

No lies detected.

Oddly enough I just reinstalled SS last night after nabbing an Easy Mode mod off of Nexus.

Can't count how may times I've tried to get into Sunless Sea since launch, but I always seemed to bounce right off the rouge-gameplay part.

I just want to experience the glorious writing, not anxiously manage fuel, starvation and sanity meters.

Hope this Easy mod does the trick.

Hollow Knight, floor kids, sausage sports club

Coming soon: Yono, Wulverblade

Need time to play: oxenfree, golf story, stardew valley

Currently playing: snipperclips, steamworld Dig 2

DrArchon

dmhK0Aq.png

No lies detected.

Oddly enough I just reinstalled SS last night after nabbing an Easy Mode mod off of Nexus.

Can't count how may times I've tried to get into Sunless Sea since launch, but I always seemed to bounce right off the rouge-gameplay part.

I just want to experience the glorious writing, not anxiously manage fuel, starvation and sanity meters.

Hope this Easy mod does the trick.

On one hand, some of my most memorable experiences in SS were when I was trudging across the whole map and wondering if I was going to be able to make it in time before I went insane and started eating my crew.

But on the other, the writing and the world really are the most important things about that game, so if Easy Mode is what it takes for you to be able to enjoy them I say go for it and good luck.

Wozman23

Might as well compile my list into one post:

Vane

Shape of the World
(I could post dozens of shots of this one. There are apparently 146 color palettes.)

The Pedestrian

Narita Boy

Wandersong

-----------------------------------

All the Annapurna Games:

Gorogoa

Donut County (Play as a hole and grow as you swallow stuff)

The Artful Escape of Francis Vendetti

Ashen

----------------------------------

Lonely Mountains: Downhill

MYRIAD (Your guess is as good as mine)

Sea of Solitude

Yonder

Knights and Bikes

Rite of ILK (Co-op game with two children tied together by a rope)

Lost Ember

Semblance

The Hopefully Still in Development Section: (The last two are probably never coming but I hold on to hope.)

Fulcrum (Abstract, first person snowboarding)

Source

Olivia and Spike: Dimension Jumpers

mindatlarge

EITR
Knights and Bikes
Loadworld
Mineko's Night Market
Ooblets
Ghost Song
YIIK

...and pretty much everything else mentioned in this thread.

Platy

Ones I forgot

Wandersong
Wargroove
Sword of ditto
Iconoclasts

And the master of "I doubt this is coming out":

Gris

Gamegeneral

I'm eagerly awaiting Jupiter Hell, whenever that comes out. Timespinner tripped a lot of green flags for me, as well. I'm still not convinced Miegakure is ever coming out despite the relatively recent progress updates posted about it.

Macka

On Switch
Rime
Hollow Knight
Wargroove
Inside
Redout
Shovel Knight: King of Cards

After playing Indies on the Switch, I can't go back to the PC. Hoping everything starts launching simultaneously in the eShop.

Rathorial

• Wasteland 3
  • Underworld Ascendant
  • System Shock 3
  • Below
  • Praey for the Gods
  • Phoenix Point
  • Consortium: The Tower
  • Battletech
  • Industries of Titan
  • Eitr
  • Ashen
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Frostpunk
  • Overland

Hollow Knight on Switch is the big one (it's been the biggest item on my shopping list not named Odyssey since launch), and Wargroove will be an event for me as well.

One that nobody has mentioned: Oxygen Not Included, Klei's side-scrolling answer to the Dwarf Fortress/RimWorld colony simulator genre. It's already being heavily iterated in Early Access, so I could jump in now if I wanted, but Klei's games usually improve so much by launch that I prefer to wait.

I somehow missed any and all information about Phoenix Point, and I'd forgotten about Sunless Skies since its announcement, but thanks to this thread both are now high on my list where they belong.

Aaron D.

One that nobody has mentioned: Oxygen Not Included, Klei's side-scrolling answer to the Dwarf Fortress/RimWorld colony simulator genre. It's already being heavily iterated in Early Access, so I could jump in now if I wanted, but Klei's games usually improve so much by launch that I prefer to wait.

Yeah ONI's visuals are pretty insane, esp. those classic Klei character animations.

I picked the game up at EA launch, both because I love everything Klei does, and I'm a big fan of the Colony Management genre (RimWorld, Prison Architect, etc.).

I've been mostly sitting on it as well, waiting for 1.0 before diving deep. Looks really sweet so far though.

Yeah ONI's visuals are pretty insane, esp. those classic Klei character animations.

I picked the game up at EA launch, both because I love everything Klei does, and I'm a big fan of the Colony Management genre (RimWorld, Prison Architect, etc.).

I've been mostly sitting on it as well, waiting for 1.0 before diving deep. Looks really sweet so far though.

Yeah I wrote a preview on it months ago. They've added diseases and oil since then.

Stoze

Too hard to choose if we're going beyond this year. For the rest of 2017 though, Dusk and Gorogoa (hopefully).

Top Bottom